GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Grille Screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Daytonaviolet will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
Damn, those pictures look like my front end now.

well.. mine arent as fancy as your cargraphics grilles

Old 08-18-2008, 07:31 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
well.. mine arent as fancy as your cargraphics grilles
Damn, it's close enough. No one will even know. I have some foams for packaging if you need it.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:37 PM
now.. we got to make some 100mm exhaust tips i'll let you know about the foam. im gonna try to find some big boxes here at work.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:45 AM
here are some day shots

Attached Images    
Old 08-20-2008, 06:45 AM
rmag will become famous soon enough
Looks good! How are you fastening it to the plastic?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by rmag
Looks good! How are you fastening it to the plastic?
the side grilles are epoxied to the back side of the plastic intake opening. its the area of the plastic which is not visible from the front and it also gets sandwiched with the back piece of the vent. the center has no epoxy, just sandwich together.

Last edited by Daytonaviolet; 08-20-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:45 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
saw this in person yesterday. fit and finish looks pretty damn good. i get serial #2 this weekend.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:09 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
very cool indeed man... Congrats and looks like you're going to need to make some more hehe...

Old 08-20-2008, 01:42 PM
rmag will become famous soon enough
the side grilles are epoxied to the back side of the plastic intake opening. its the area of the plastic which is not visible from the front and it also gets sandwiched with the back piece of the vent. the center has no epoxy, just sandwich together.
Thanks. Let me know how the epoxy holds up on the track. Mine take a beating and have lots of large dents in them from foreign object hits. It sure will be a lot easier to make if you don't need to form them (to allow screwing them in). Keep us up to date.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by rmag
Thanks. Let me know how the epoxy holds up on the track. Mine take a beating and have lots of large dents in them from foreign object hits. It sure will be a lot easier to make if you don't need to form them (to allow screwing them in). Keep us up to date.
i'll let you know after the sept 12th thunder hill event these grilles are made of stainless steel and come powder coated in a shiny black. so i feel that they are much better then the thinner aluminum ones. the front grille is very strong and secure as it requires no epoxy to secure it. but the sides required some epoxy because they sandwich in differently. even without the epoxy on the side grilles, they will stay in place. but since the intake opening has a curve to it, i couldnt get the exact curvature. so i opted to apply some pressure on the back side of the grille so its flush with the intake opening. then i applied alot of epoxy

Old 08-20-2008, 07:17 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by speedoflight
saw this in person yesterday. fit and finish looks pretty damn good. i get serial #2 this weekend.
joe, you gonna install this weekend? can i come watch?

looks great fern- just like kevin's

Old 08-21-2008, 12:44 AM
ty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to behold
Fern - That look awesome! When can you hook me up?

Old 08-21-2008, 01:52 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
now.. we got to make some 100mm exhaust tips i'll let you know about the foam. im gonna try to find some big boxes here at work.
I'm down with that mod.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by ty328
Fern - That look awesome! When can you hook me up?
We can also hook you up with a taco.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:43 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy
joe, you gonna install this weekend? can i come watch?

looks great fern- just like kevin's
sure thing mang. planning on saturday afternoon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Grille Screen