GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Grille Screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 01:29 AM
Daytonaviolet will become famous soon enough
Grille Screen

i've been planning on getting some cargraphic or gmg grille screen for my bumper and came across this really kewl product from OSH. i believe a few guys already tried this DIY grille screen. if time permits, hopefully i'll be taking off my bumper next saturday and install this new grilles. they kinda look like the cargraphic grille at the fraction of the costs. it comes with one sheet 24" x 30". the center opening on the gt3 bumper is 26" so yes.. we're in luck. here are some pics and i'll post more when i install them.

so, who else has gone this route? did you use a 2 part expoxy to secure it in place? does anyone have pics of the cargraphics or gmg grille screens before install?

ohh i almost forgot to mention the best part.. its made of stainless steal and it comes powder coated black for only $38 DIY will be coming soon.

Attached Images   

Last edited by Daytonaviolet; 08-04-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:15 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
hey fern if osh gets wind of this they're going to jack up the price.
can't wait to see the final product.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:29 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
looking really good Fern!!! Watching

Old 08-04-2008, 05:04 PM
rmag will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
i've been planning on getting some cargraphic or gmg grille screen for my bumper and came across this really kewl product from OSH. i believe a few guys already tried this DIY grille screen. if time permits, hopefully i'll be taking off my bumper next saturday and install this new grilles. they kinda look like the cargraphic grille at the fraction of the costs. it comes with one sheet 24" x 30". the center opening on the gt3 bumper is 26" so yes.. we're in luck. here are some pics and i'll post more when i install them.

so, who else has gone this route? did you use a 2 part expoxy to secure it in place? does anyone have pics of the cargraphics or gmg grille screens before install?

ohh i almost forgot to mention the best part.. its made of stainless steal and it comes powder coated black for only $38 DIY will be coming soon.
Here's a step by step DIY I posted on rennlist. Cost about $20, so far lasted all season. I just used wire mesh, but wish I saw this stuff first. Oh well, next set I make

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ght=screen+diy

Old 08-04-2008, 05:42 PM
daedton is on a distinguished road
Where do you buy this stuff?

Old 08-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by rmag
Here's a step by step DIY I posted on rennlist. Cost about $20, so far lasted all season. I just used wire mesh, but wish I saw this stuff first. Oh well, next set I make

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ght=screen+diy
thanks for the bumper DIY

Old 08-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by daedton
Where do you buy this stuff?
i got mine from OSH (orchard supply hardware).

Old 08-04-2008, 08:22 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Should have started yesterday by taking off the bumper at least.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
Should have started yesterday by taking off the bumper at least.
was too busy talking about Anna

Old 08-04-2008, 08:33 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
was too busy talking about Anna
Could have done both. FYI......Anna is a new member on 6speed. Screen name: Santaritaanna

Old 08-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
Could have done both. FYI......Anna is a new member on 6speed. Screen name: Santaritaanna
what!!!!!! like in Santa Rita Road?

Old 08-04-2008, 11:24 PM
what!!!!!! like in Santa Rita Road?
No, like in where she stayed for 2 days.

Last edited by ///M Kevin; 08-04-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Can someone post pics of the set up. Not a member of Rennlist so can not see the links posted.
Thank you

Ranger

Old 08-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Here's the writeup from last July:
Originally Posted by rmag
Well after my radiators getting pounded at the track I decided to install some grills. After reading a few post on the issue I decided to fabricate them myself out of wire mesh. I found removing the grill pretty straight forward, but making the grills took longer than I thought.

Here are the steps. (If anyone has an easier way, please let me know)

- Open boot and remove front plastic piece. It is only held on by velcro, so just pull it up. It is joined on each end to the side pieces, so make sure to unclip them (Pic 1).
- Remove three Torx T-30 screws (Pic 1)
- Remove T-30 screw under car in center of bumper inside plug ...Thanks DarrellC for helping me find this one (Pic 2)

For each side do:

- Remove clip which snugs bumper to fenders (Pic 3). To pull them out I just made a hook from a coat hanger(Pic 4) to grab the clip and slide it out.
- Remove both side markers by prying the front of it backwards and lifting it (I used a credit card)
- Remove T-30 screw behind side marker (Pic 5)
- Remove 2 T-30 screws under car towards center of bumper. (Pic 6)
- Remove 2 T-30 screws under car by fender well (2 left screws in Pic 7)

Now there is only one screw left on each side holding the bumper on. I found I had to remove the wheel and the inner fender liner to get to it.

- Remove Wheel
- Remove T-30 screw which holds front lip to bumper on each side (bottom left of Pic 7)
- Remove 3 T-30 Screws under car (Right 3 screws in Pic 7)
- Remove Small rubber strip which these screws where holding
- Remove 6 T-25 screws which hold inner lining (see Pic 8)
- Remove 1 T-25 screw under car which holds inner lining also (No Pic)
- Peel back inner fender to get to last screw. The screw is behind the inner fender by the side marker
- Remove T-30 screw (Pic 9)
- Slide bumper off (Pic 10)
- Vacuum out all the rocks, leaves, and rubber

I then formed some grills out of wire mesh and painted them black. These are solely for function and not "bling". The paint will probably start to chip away from all the track debris ... but better them than my radiators. I screwed them in with some black metals screws. Probably have to replace them each year. In retrospect I think I should have used a heavier gauge mesh, but these will work for now. :bigbye:

Attached Images      

Last edited by rmag; 08-05-2008 at 07:16 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:21 AM
More install pics

Attached Images      

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Grille Screen