Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Durametric diagnostic software and cable kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Md11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really nice
Durametric diagnostic software and cable kit

I have purchased a Durametric software kit (software and cable) and I am very happy I did. It enabled me to not only clear fault codes I had received while doing a dyno run but also (most importantly) check the history on ignition counts in the different rpm ranges from the previous owner. It is really easy to use and works wonderfully. I also liked to see the total hours the car was used, I divided those hours with the mileage the car has and came up with an average speed of 28 miles per hour spread over the 8000 miles the car has now. Average is about 35 according to Durametric hence my car was driven conservatively add to that few ignition cycles above 7000 rpm and I feel confident to have purchased a car with a great engine!

When I wanted to update the firmware of the cable, I must have screwed it up and the cable stopped working. I called tech support from Durametric and got Duram on the phone, what a great man! He is very friendly and supportive, he helped me through the steps to manually update the firmware (because I screwed up the autoupdate) and now it is working again. Not only is the product great but the tech - customer support is excellent!

Great product!

Old 03-24-2009, 11:32 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
+1

Duram is super cool and answer my many question through e-mail. I heard they will update the Porsche software soon with added features. I have not used the RPM and ignition count etc. Just used the software to clear error codes such as airbag warning light and such

Old 03-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Md11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really nice
Durametric

Mikymu,

I bought the software due to your last write up, thanks for the heads up!
Using the ignition counts in the 6 different rpm ranges is very easy to do, give it try, its also the place where you find the total hours as well as other useful info. Good to know esp. if you bought the car used.

Originally Posted by mikymu
+1

Duram is super cool and answer my many question through e-mail. I heard they will update the Porsche software soon with added features. I have not used the RPM and ignition count etc. Just used the software to clear error codes such as airbag warning light and such

Old 03-25-2009, 05:15 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Md11skipper
Mikymu,

I bought the software due to your last write up, thanks for the heads up!
Using the ignition counts in the 6 different rpm ranges is very easy to do, give it try, its also the place where you find the total hours as well as other useful info. Good to know esp. if you bought the car used.
Glad you like the software. Will give this RPM range thing a try