GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 challenge Thunderhill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 09:41 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
GT3 challenge Thunderhill

DE style. Seven 996 GT3, one 997 GT3 and my RS makes nine total. mooty's stripped and caged 6 GT3 was a monster. Several incidents on the track including Brad's 6 GT3 blew the main engine coolant hose which caused Serge's 6 GT3 to spin at T1 ... scary stuff. It's time to cage my RS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqdTSfxavd0

Old 07-17-2010, 09:44 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Love it! Gonna get some more weight off of mootys:P I hear you on the coolant thing... Got a 997GT2 that we're pulling the motor on to fix the situation before it happens...

Old 07-17-2010, 09:49 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Great vid! Serious pucker moment on that spinout!

Old 07-17-2010, 10:29 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Love it! Gonna get some more weight off of mootys:P I hear you on the coolant thing... Got a 997GT2 that we're pulling the motor on to fix the situation before it happens...
More weight off mooty's 6 GT3? He is one skinny bastard already. I will bring an extra coolant hose next time. Brad had to tow his 6 GT3 all the way back to SF

Originally Posted by bonehead
Great vid! Serious pucker moment on that spinout!
Nothing I can do when I came over blind T5 and see all the dirt on the track. Just glad Brad did not T bone my RS - he was on my tail. I need to roll cage my RS. It's not all fun and game on the track when things go wrong

Old 07-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Mcgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMcgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMcgyver has a spectacular aura about
I'm glad that everyone was okay out there. I'm doing a virgin run at Thunderhill on 9/3 with NCRC. Nice video. Thanks.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by Mcgyver
I'm glad that everyone was okay out there. I'm doing a virgin run at Thunderhill on 9/3 with NCRC. Nice video. Thanks.
Love NCRC events. You will love the track

Old 07-18-2010, 01:49 AM
medpilot105 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Mcgyver
Virgin with the GT3 at T-hill or just with the GT3? Haven't you run T-hill before?

And, Mikymu et al, what a great way to spend a day, huh? The sound from all those GT3's at WOT down the main straight must've been unbeatable. Thanks for sharing!

Old 07-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Mcgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMcgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMcgyver has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by medpilot105
Virgin with the GT3 at T-hill or just with the GT3? Haven't you run T-hill before?
Right, virgin with the GT3. I ran once out there with the RS4 about a year ago.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by medpilot105

And, Mikymu et al, what a great way to spend a day, huh? The sound from all those GT3's at WOT down the main straight must've been unbeatable. Thanks for sharing!
Oh yeah, it was alot of fun to mix up with all the GT3. Other cars stay out of our way when they see the mad dogs coming

Old 07-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud of
Mikymu that was a great video, and very close call with the spin. I noticed your hands remained almost motionless as the spin began. Oftentimes, a very sharp and immediate correction and recovery with the wheel can prevent the spin. Did you kinda freeze up when you saw the sand?

I remember Thunderhill very distinctly from over a decade ago since my last visit. It's a wonderful track.

Sharif

Last edited by Sales@Forged; 07-18-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Watching the T5 bypass spin I was cringing waiting for that other GT3 to nail you. You are one lucky dude! Thanks for sharing.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Zmonsta is on a distinguished road
Anyone know who that dark green 240z belong to in the last photo? It looks like the old Scott Performance 3.1lt Demo Z... If so, I bet that thing was wicked fast!

Old 07-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
mikymu when you came back in to check for coolant leak and pulled in the paddock was that the E-brake I heard?

Ranger

Old 07-18-2010, 09:47 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
It was the e brake

Old 07-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
mikymu you have a PM.

Ranger

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 challenge Thunderhill