GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Thoughts on 07/08 GT3's with 40K+ miles on them

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 12:54 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Thoughts on 07/08 GT3's with 40K+ miles on them

Anything to really worry about with these? I just think these engines are really designed to take a beating and keeping on going, but want to make sure if there are any things to keep in mind. Any input is great. Found one I think I might go for b/c the price is right. 07 w/ 44K miles on it. Thanks.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:04 PM
YoopsRacing will become famous soon enough
Curious what price point these higher mileage cars are bringing? 60-70 or more?

Old 03-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Berk, that seems like a lot of miles for an 07 GT3..mine is an 05 and only has 14.6k miles...however, they are relatively bulletproof...have a compression/leak down test done and if it shows good take the lower price on a high miler

Old 03-29-2011, 02:42 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Yoops - They're going for $69.9K (one is 44K miles and the other is 34K miles), but I think with a little haggling could be had for mid $60's

Originally Posted by YoopsRacing
Curious what price point these higher mileage cars are bringing? 60-70 or more?
Chuck - Thanks for the input. I know, it could have been a DD as my guess, which works for me b/c that's primarily what mine would be. How much is a compression/leak down test at the dealership? The two cars are about 700 and 1100 miles from me......Thanks!

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
Berk, that seems like a lot of miles for an 07 GT3..mine is an 05 and only has 14.6k miles...however, they are relatively bulletproof...have a compression/leak down test done and if it shows good take the lower price on a high miler

Old 03-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
from my dealer guru...

about $450 for a compression and leakdown test, its not part of their PPI unless its requested. It would run more on a turbo because of having to remove the bumper, intercoolers and lower the motor.

didn't think it would be that much but it tells you a lot more about the motor

Old 03-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Cool - Thanks Chuck. Definitely something to consider. So, it'll be like $650-700 factoring in this test w/ a PPI.

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
from my dealer guru...

about $450 for a compression and leakdown test, its not part of their PPI unless its requested. It would run more on a turbo because of having to remove the bumper, intercoolers and lower the motor.

didn't think it would be that much but it tells you a lot more about the motor

Old 03-29-2011, 06:20 PM
maroli will become famous soon enoughmaroli will become famous soon enough
Hey buddy,
I know both of those cars you're looking at. the one with 44k is overpriced. The one with 34k should be haggled to mid-60's I think. People who're buying GT3's aren't generally buying anything over 25k miles, so the demand for that kind of car is less. If you can wait a year, you could get a sub 30k (25k or something) mile car for high 60's......

Originally Posted by boochook
Hey Yoops - They're going for $69.9K (one is 44K miles and the other is 34K miles), but I think with a little haggling could be had for mid $60's

Chuck - Thanks for the input. I know, it could have been a DD as my guess, which works for me b/c that's primarily what mine would be. How much is a compression/leak down test at the dealership? The two cars are about 700 and 1100 miles from me......Thanks!

Old 03-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
I would not be concerned with mileage so as long as the car is maintained.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:18 AM
Maroli - I can wait a year, that's the good news. Just growing the cash reserves, so no rush here and still have my 996 C4S that I twin turbo'd which is a blast.....I've got another one close by with 29K miles on it that I think I can pick up for $67-68K. It's black/black w/ black paint matched rims and navi. No PCCB's.....dunno, I just want to make sure the next decision I make is the right one. Know what I mean. Would love a 997.2 GT3 but not in the high $90's.....

Originally Posted by maroli
Hey buddy,
I know both of those cars you're looking at. the one with 44k is overpriced. The one with 34k should be haggled to mid-60's I think. People who're buying GT3's aren't generally buying anything over 25k miles, so the demand for that kind of car is less. If you can wait a year, you could get a sub 30k (25k or something) mile car for high 60's......

Hey Fabryce - Agreed, I'm looking for one that was well maintained, then the plan is to send out to you and James to do your magic.....Love that WHTE 997.1 GT3 you guys have done work on that I pulled up on YouTube. Always great work from the GMG team!! Send my best to James.
Berk
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
I would not be concerned with mileage so as long as the car is maintained.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:37 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
Good to see you here in this section Berk.

I live near this crazy guy and will be following in his footsteps...hopefully he doesn't take a gem of a car from me if we end up trying to buy at the same time!

Good luck bro...I can't wait!

M

Old 03-30-2011, 06:14 AM
Mikey Mike....buddy, can't WAIT for you and I to sport our GT3's. The search is killing me!!!! HAHAHAHA...... We need to do a group buy at a dealership buddy......

Originally Posted by BMWDEMON
Good to see you here in this section Berk.

I live near this crazy guy and will be following in his footsteps...hopefully he doesn't take a gem of a car from me if we end up trying to buy at the same time!

Good luck bro...I can't wait!

M