GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT2 or Ford GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 07:19 PM
il nino will become famous soon enoughil nino will become famous soon enough
GT2 or Ford GT

Drove an 06 Ford GT today. I have an 08 GT2 but I always wanted a Ford GT.
I tried to compare the two and see which I liked better. I love my GT2 and I am not sure how I feel about the Ford GT. The linear power and torque was amazing and the performance from an acceleration standpoint was similar. I didn't have a chance to fully sample the handling but the balance was extremely neutral.
Has anyone else had any experience driving a Ford GT?

Old 04-21-2012, 07:30 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
I was always a fan of the Ford GT; you cant go wrong with either. Good luck

Old 04-21-2012, 09:07 PM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
I think the ford GT is a amazing car for 110,000.00 new, for 175+ used not so much.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:30 PM
ROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really nice
Can't really compare the two. Totally different cars.
One is a little bit impractical and gets too much attention.
On the track, the GT2 is king.
The FGT is an investment !
Both are keepers in my book.
I love the FGT to death, it is such a beast. I invested $1,000 on FRRP pulley and tune for an extra 100 HP. Well worth it. I could go for more power, but can't handle even 650HP but in a straight line.
If I were you, I would go for the GT. You can resale it any day for close to the money you bought it for.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:33 AM
muifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of light
Ford GT was a great buy just 2 years ago similar to Carrera GT, moving forward, if you plan on driving a lot, then GT2, but if not, then I would go for the FGT.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:19 AM
That is my dilemma. I like to enjoy my cars and I think that the value of the GT would crash with high miles. The GT2 I think would also take a dive but possibly less than the GT. I am going to call a few dealers that sell GTs and see how much they change with mileage.
Bottom line, I love the GT2 so much that I wish I could have both.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:38 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Mileage drops are .... mileage drops. Buy, and drive, the one you want and forget about mileage and depreciation. In the long run, I believe the Ford GT will be the appreciation king. Limited production drives prices up. But, as I said, I drive and don't give a thought about mileage - or trade-in.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:37 AM
I agree with you 100% I don't want to leave a perfect car for the next guy to buy.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:08 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
The GT is even more rare than a 2 and both are very easy to modify and add mucho HP. The 2 will be much better in handling, I remember reading somewhere. The 2 has much more interior room, smaller for parking, easier to get into, better mpg, more reliable, and many more creature comforts for DD. Since you say you like to use your cars instead of looking at them, these things might matter.
Having said that the GT must be a great pleasure to experience also.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:11 AM
hyper911 will become famous soon enoughhyper911 will become famous soon enough
Forget about the investment side, its a car you can either afford to drive it or not.
I would go GT, it looks incredible and owning one would be alot of fun. The GT2 is the better car, but the GT is well very unique. Just drive and enjoy whichever one, life is short!

Old 04-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Turb-OH Brad has a spectacular aura aboutTurb-OH Brad has a spectacular aura aboutTurb-OH Brad has a spectacular aura about
GT2 for sure. Drive it like you stole it.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:19 PM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
And if ford does in fact release another GT (there thinking hard about it) resale will drop back under sticker. But it is a fun car, only car I ever had,drove the **** out of and sold for a profit...