GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Ford GT's on autotrader 189k

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-17-2005, 08:45 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Ford GT's on autotrader 189k

I am seeing several at that level, prices are dropping fast. They have too much inventory sitting around(300+cars). When they hit msrp I may bite.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:11 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
what was MSRP on 'em? I think they're a great looking car. I what getting in and out is like? I believe that's why they cut the door into the roof

Old 06-17-2005, 09:19 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
are they selling at all?

Old 06-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Banned
deeroff is on a distinguished road
I saw two ads in NY area newspapers for dealers selling at list.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
i just searched within 200 miles of Atlanta and there are several at MSRP ($150's) and a couple about $10K below MSRP - one right here in Atlanta.

Too bad Ford has left a bad taste in my mouth

Old 06-17-2005, 11:30 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Which ny dealers? I want one baaaaad.

Old 06-17-2005, 11:58 AM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
wow,
please post the list ads... maybe the whole marekt will collapse!!! HAS ANYONE drvien one enough to know

-reliable?
-how bad the ford vibe is... cant imagine going for service, what a drag
--what the drving experience, comfort, performance is like??

thanks. at window, they start to be interesing

Old 06-17-2005, 12:03 PM
kurt_bradley is on a distinguished road
What ever happened involving the recall (I'm not sure if it was a "stop sale" recall or not) they issued for the front control arms snapping? They said they were attempting to develop a new casting process as a last-ditch effort at prevention. Did this effect whether or not the dealers could sell them?

Old 06-17-2005, 12:12 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Focus for rental, not bad. MSRP the car will become interesting indeed.

Old 06-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
remember - all these are within the 200 mile radius of Atlanta so maybe they're cheaper down here

white w/ black leather $153,095
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=y&cardist=137

2 others for low $150's
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/ncal.j...=y&cardist=199

red one for $145K
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...p=y&cardist=17

i'm sure there are tons other out there...

good luck

Old 06-17-2005, 12:46 PM
carnut is on a distinguished road
Here is a great site that has been tracking the selling prices of the Ford GT as well as total sales and production numbers and gives a clear description of the direction of Ford GT prices. It appears the price is dropping even faster than they anticipated.

http://www.fordgtprices.com/pages/9/index.htm

To summarize:

As of May 31, 2005
Total produced - 1182
Total sold - 386
Total in Inventory or en route to dealerships - 796
Current sales/month - 117
Current production/month - 199

Old 06-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Les Quam is on a distinguished road
The first two listings indicate the price is N/A but the MSRP is 153K
I doubt the dealers are at MSRP yet on these cars. My neighbor owns a Ford dealership and kept his Ford GT. We went for an extended ride and I came away thinking the car feels no faster than a stock Porsche GT2 or a stock 04 viper. I honestly thought my GT 2 would beat his car if we raced. Plus the exhaust note was non existent very quiet for such a car. It sounds exactly like my 2003 mustang SVT cobra and didn't feel a whole lot faster either. Ford is offering an over the counter louder exhaust for owners to upgrade the exhaust.

We never had the chance to race because the car has been in his service department since then with anywhere between 14 and 31 recalls depending on the source. 14 is certain. My neighbor told me that Ford has sent no one to help with the problems and his techs are in over their heads. One of the recalls is for the rear main seal which leaks like the Exxon Valdez due to Jack Roush installing the wrong crank and the tolerances being off. Fords reponse is to install a supersleeve to stop the leak. These supersleeves are most commonly used on trucks not a supercar. My neighbor tried to drive the car without fixing the leak but it is hopeless and has to be fixed.

The service manager of my neighbors dealership is a friend of mine not happy about the work necessary to get at the mainseal. Evidently a HUGE project to get at the back of the motor and Ford has provided him with zero tech support. Their are no viper techs like Dodge trained to work on the vipers from what I was told.

This does not take into consideration that the gas tanks leak,as does the power steering and all the other recalls. We must all remember that Ford chose Steve Saleen to build this car outside any Ford plant believing that Saleen had been the primary builder of the Saleen S-7. Ford subsequently learned after the Ford GT troubles that Saleen subcontracted most of the Saleen S-7 out to a British firm. Saleen is not being considered for Fords next supercar project the GR1 shelby or whatever it's called.

After the rolling chassis leaves the Saleen plant it goes to a Ford plant for the engine installation. The engine is built by Roush. Intially Ford had little involvement with the building of this car. But the unions forced Ford to at least have the engine installed at a Ford plant.

One of the reasons Ford has had so much trouble with this car is that they originally built only one prototype. They then built three test mules which used many different parts and systems than the actual production car including the control arms which failed on early production cars. After riding in a production GT I doubt it will produce the performance numbers we saw on the cars the magazines tested for their articles?

In my opinion the best place to stay abreast of Ford GT prices is this website www.fordgtprices.com .

And before you guys start flaming me about this post you should know I am a huge Ford guy. I own at the present time 4 Shelby's, a 69 and 70 Boss 302, a 73 mustang CV with 144 original miles, an 03 SVT Cobra , 04 mach 1, an 01 bullitt, 03 F-350 crew cab superduty and an excursion and am trying to buy a 69 Boss 429 and an 3800 mile all original 66 fastback K code mustang.

I want a Ford GT as well as you guys because of the looks and history but holy cow did Ford screw the pooch on this car.

Old 06-17-2005, 03:06 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
Lester Leaps In!!!

[Les, are you aware where this expression comes from?]

Thanks for the problem report and mfrg history lester!!!!!!!

i had no idea Saleen was involved, Lord have mercy, no wonder they're all for sale at 20 miles, nobody dares drive them before flipping because they're afraid it'll start leaking!!!!!! sounds like a just another POS from Ford, just happens to be in a category of interest to us....

the site you show indicates prices like i've seen in AW. i saw last night there's 190, and i bet window in 3 months....

Old 06-17-2005, 03:47 PM
The Hot Banana
KO KAINE is on a distinguished road
MSRP is a whole other conversation, Arling & I were talking about this last week.

makes it VERY interesting.......less than I have into my 997S!

Old 06-17-2005, 04:09 PM
vegasgolf98 is on a distinguished road
"Lester Leaps In"

So, Watt you are a jazz fan-huh? That's good. Lester Young, Tenor Sax. Lester and Bud Powell were a composite life story for the character in 'Round Midnight featuring Dexter Gordon (who was nominated for an Oscar for his role).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ford GT's on autotrader 189k