GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Need new tires - Experience with Super Sports?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 02:00 PM
sraz786 is on a distinguished road
Need new tires - Experience with Super Sports?

.2 GT3 RS

80% street. Dry roads only. Has anyone had these tires on their car, what did you think? Thanks!

Old 09-23-2012, 03:07 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Yes, on GT3 as well as my wife's 535 that I also took to the track.
Really an amazing tire. Do it.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:19 PM
SUB-ZERO has a spectacular aura aboutSUB-ZERO has a spectacular aura about
Amazing tire. Feels grippier than my PS2s and is supposed to have better wear.

No track time with them yet

Old 09-23-2012, 03:50 PM
senna.bra is on a distinguished road
500 miles on a new set of PSS with my RS. They feel softer than the OEM cups, of course I imagine a lot safer on the rain. They also are suppose to last 8k to 10k miles oppose to 5k with OEM cups.

I am quite happy so far.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:13 PM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
Love the performance hate the look. My rears look like they're stretched. THe sidewall of the tire has that rim protector and gives it a stretched look/

Old 09-23-2012, 05:15 PM
sraz786 is on a distinguished road
Just ordered a set. Thanks guys.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:08 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
Very happy with mine and I have about 1200 miles on them so far. No track time yet.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:07 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
i have some autocross events with them. I am not sure if i like them better than the PS2s. I will give them some more time, since al the events were during the summer with high temps. I ll see how they react in a more cooler day...

Street driving however they are much more comfortable and i assume they are better in the rain, although i avoid driving my car then...

Old 09-23-2012, 08:44 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sraz786
Dry roads only.
Originally Posted by kouzman
i assume they are better in the rain, although i avoid driving my car then...
If I were you guys I'd be contacting Porsche about the problem you're obviously having with your cars melting in the rain. That's the only reason I can figure why anybody wouldn't want their car to get wet.....

Old 09-23-2012, 09:33 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
If I were you guys I'd be contacting Porsche about the problem you're obviously having with your cars melting in the rain. That's the only reason I can figure why anybody wouldn't want their car to get wet.....
Lol!

I don't drive it since I have to justify to my wife why we need three cars and going possibly for a fourth one! I really want an old school muscle car too! Lol!

Old 09-23-2012, 09:45 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kouzman
Lol!

I don't drive it since I have to justify to my wife why we need three cars and going possibly for a fourth one! I really want an old school muscle car too! Lol!
You can deal with that problem with divorce. It's only so expensive and such a royal PITA because it's so worth it! When I did this, I went from my old 2 car household for the two of us to a 3 car household just for me. Plus a boat. And 3 snowmobiles.

Now I own 20 wheels for my various cars, every tool known to mankind, and have a professional quality wood shop among other things. The only problem I have is now I need to build a new garage to put everything in! Every time I see a nice old school muscle car I start drooling too. I'd love to get a fastback Mustang, "new" Shelby, or any number of old school cars. Next year when my new garage is built I'll be in the market.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:53 PM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
Recently got a set for my 997.1 TT. So far really happy with its street performance, but it seems to have relatively soft sidewalls so I do wonder how it'll compare to "extreme" class tires like the RE-11 and AD08 on the track. If your car does 20% of its duty on the track, a second set of track tires may be a good investment.

Last edited by spf4000; 09-24-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Damned iPad auto correct.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:38 AM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
Any photos?

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Love the performance hate the look. My rears look like they're stretched. THe sidewall of the tire has that rim protector and gives it a stretched look/

Old 09-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Davo67 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ur20v
Any photos?
+1 I'm considering getting the super sports when I need new boots.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:49 PM
MileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the rough
I had them now for 4 months on a 2009 C2s. Took them to the track the next day.........and I wouldn't do that again. A ton of oversteer for some reason. Went away the next time I went to the track. A couple of things I have noticed: first, the outer band of softer rubber does wear faster than the inner blocks. Also, the depth of their tread blocks is a little crazy. No wonder why they have a good wear rating. This depth of the tread block made them "squishy" when setting the car. It almost felt like they had to roll over and set themselves before the car would turn. They are quiet as compared to PS2, great in the rain too. I am not "sold" on them for someone who tracks periodically. As always, when the engineers design a "compromise" anything, that tries to act as a jack of all trades, it usually grabs rave reviews at first, but then as the layers peel away, it becomes less impressive. I haven't figured out the best pressures yet either. That twaron band I think screws up the conventional thought on tire pressure at the track. They ran better when closer to street inflation. youtube" mikemessi1 run 4 at high plains" My brother is chasing me in his 2011 C2 with sport cups on. He had later braking, but overall couldnt keep up(and he's a better driver than me).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need new tires - Experience with Super Sports?