GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991 GT3 production ending...?

Old 08-11-2014, 09:21 AM
rbt
rbt has a spectacular aura aboutrbt has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
I tend to agree. I do not have the hard data but Porsche sold more RS cars than regular GT3s since the RS came out (997.1). They also had a limited production run on all generations of GT3 (996.1 and .2 and 997.1 and .2), if I am not mistaken.

RS has always been more limited than regular GT3s:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche...28road_cars.29

Old 08-11-2014, 10:25 AM
therealsmangs is on a distinguished road
BlackSpeed,
What spec were you looking for? Just stripped down base GT3 or with multiple options?

Old 08-11-2014, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Everyone jumped down my throat when I told them last year LOL

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3964236

Old 08-11-2014, 10:47 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Everyone jumped down my throat when I told them last year LOL https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3964236
And now it looks like your 600 number will be on the high side.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:57 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Any more info on the subject?

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:09 PM
Pazzo009 is on a distinguished road
I've been doing some homework and nothing is official yet. Porsche is very secretive and they are likely contemplating their options. It's speculation at this point. Fingers crossed

Old 08-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Over on RL, there is a thread on it. Several European dealers and some US have confirmed the same late February 2015 end of production.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:55 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
My bet, no end of production.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:21 PM
Flying JP is on a distinguished road
Hi folks, Think am lucky to get mine produce in October. Delivery in Feb. Will be Riviera Blue. Do you know anyone having the same color? Actually never saw one in real.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:38 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I find this very hard to believe. Sounds more like people trying to drive up prices to sell their cars that are coming back now with new engines.

There is still a very large demand for this car so why would Porsche turn away profits?

Old 08-20-2014, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Flying JP
Hi folks, Think am lucky to get mine produce in October. Delivery in Feb. Will be Riviera Blue. Do you know anyone having the same color? Actually never saw one in real.
Great choice. Go over to the Rennlist GT3 section. There is a post with pics of Riviera Blue.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RossL
I find this very hard to believe. Sounds more like people trying to drive up prices to sell their cars that are coming back now with new engines.

There is still a very large demand for this car so why would Porsche turn away profits?
Porsche's profits don't come from the GT3. The profits come from Panamera's, Cayenne's, and Macan's....

Keeping the GT3 limited and "desirable" makes it a "niche" sports car that maintains the brands credibility as a sports car maker. That offsets the dullness of the more "common" cars they make.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:56 PM
And they certainly haven't made any money on the 2014's or 2015's.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:36 AM
Flying JP is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Nikolas
Great choice. Go over to the Rennlist GT3 section. There is a post with pics of Riviera Blue.
Thank you very much.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:35 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
FYI I called the two dealers I buy from. One did not know what I was talking about, the other who is very large dealer said that he had heard about the end of production as well. I asked him if he would own one (I have one on order, Nov delivery). I'm concerned they are canceling production after a series of fires... He said it would be a very rare model and he would not hesitate to own one. Still concerned...maybe a Huracon instead.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 production ending...?