GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991 GT3 production ending...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 11:25 PM
neuroguru will become famous soon enoughneuroguru will become famous soon enough
I put a deposit down in September for a '15 with a lock date the first week in November, December build, and February delivery. I chose the LW sport buckets on the configurator when I spec'ed the car in September. There is no problem getting the seats. I have a commission number. I haven't heard of anyone with a delivery date on a 991.1GT3 after February, 2015.

Last edited by neuroguru; 10-25-2014 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:58 AM
m3irish is on a distinguished road
My dealer called a couple days ago with one last late allocation. They said at that time there were five configurable cars left for the US including the one they got. It's a late December build with delivery in February.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Apparently many (over 100) December builds are going to be bumped due to supplying of the LWBS. Several members on RL have posted that there December builds are now moved to January with March Delivery. Worth the wait I say.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Nikolas
Apparently many (over 100) December builds are going to be bumped due to supplying of the LWBS. Several members on RL have posted that there December builds are now moved to January with March Delivery. Worth the wait I say.
What does LWBS stand for?

Old 11-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by m3irish
What does LWBS stand for?
Sorry that's me being lazy....Light Weight Bucket Seats.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Sorry that's me being lazy....Light Weight Bucket Seats.
Ha, no worries. Well if the LWBSs are going to delay the builds, it will be delaying mine as well. No way not to check the LWBS box.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by m3irish
Ha, no worries. Well if the LWBSs are going to delay the builds, it will be delaying mine as well. No way not to check the LWBS box.
I would have if it were an option. O'well, going out for a drive in a couple hours, so there is that!

Old 11-05-2014, 08:17 PM
NewtownGT3 is on a distinguished road
Yup...my was originally set for a late Dec build, but got pushed out to Jan with March delivery.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:43 AM
provoke is on a distinguished road
There is an entire thread on rennlist about this.. For the 100ppl that have been bumped for these seats I am told from Porsche that they do not have any lumbar movement.. They will only slide fwd and bkwd.. In consideration of that I changed my mind from ordering them thru parts and swapping them out with the 4 ways I currently have... If I had to do it again I would probably opt for the 18way just because I am lazy and I hate manually sliding my seat fwd/bkwd.. If I was consistently tracking my car then I would opt to get a set of LWBS to swap out for track days... But then again if I need those seats to keep my harnessed in I have other concerns like the risk of an on/off track collision from driving the car on its edge.... If you're willing to take those risks then you can definitely afford a 2nd set of seats even at $6-8k.. Just my 2 cents........ I'm sure that the delay has something to do with our fabulous DHSMV and crash test ratings and is why Europe has them and we don't..

Old 12-25-2014, 09:41 PM
I just got word that my build is complete and will be at the dealer in 3-4 weeks. Somehow, if there was a delay due to the LWBSs, my car was not affected.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:25 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Good news. Glad you are getting it sooner than later.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by provoke
There is an entire thread on rennlist about this.. For the 100ppl that have been bumped for these seats I am told from Porsche that they do not have any lumbar movement.. They will only slide fwd and bkwd.. In consideration of that I changed my mind from ordering them thru parts and swapping them out with the 4 ways I currently have... If I had to do it again I would probably opt for the 18way just because I am lazy and I hate manually sliding my seat fwd/bkwd.. If I was consistently tracking my car then I would opt to get a set of LWBS to swap out for track days... But then again if I need those seats to keep my harnessed in I have other concerns like the risk of an on/off track collision from driving the car on its edge.... If you're willing to take those risks then you can definitely afford a 2nd set of seats even at $6-8k.. Just my 2 cents........ I'm sure that the delay has something to do with our fabulous DHSMV and crash test ratings and is why Europe has them and we don't..
FWIW, they don't crash test these cars. I agree with you. I got the 18 ways and love them. I couldn't do the LWB on a day to day routine.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:24 PM
Patrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant future
Dumb question... So is it possible to go into a Porsche dealer and order a GT3 or is the manufacturing run over?

Old 12-28-2014, 09:24 PM
oufan2929 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Patrnflyr
Dumb question... So is it possible to go into a Porsche dealer and order a GT3 or is the manufacturing run over?
Manufacturing run is over. No more can be ordered...

Old 12-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Patrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant future
Ok. The reason I was asking is the configurator on PorscheUSA still allows you to build one. Guess that's an error?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 production ending...?