GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991 GT3 production ending...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 11:49 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by apessino
I put an order down for a '15 GT3 on Friday, after calling nearly every dealer in SoCal I managed to order one at sticker price (I was asked as much as $40K over sticker for a "lightly used" '14 ).

The best I had found was $10K over sticker with a $20K non-refundable deposit or $15K over sticker with a $10K refundable deposit, when I got a call back by another dealer in LA saying they would let me order one for sticker price + $5K non-refundable deposit, so I jumped on it. Nice to order the car exactly like I wanted - PCCB and all...

It is a January build, car expected in March.
Nice! Porsche just added sport buckets to the US configurator.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:37 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Originally Posted by Nikolas
Nice! Porsche just added sport buckets to the US configurator.
Good catch! Changing my order now!!

Old 08-25-2014, 02:58 PM
apessino is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by avi8tir
Good catch! Changing my order now!!
I got a few weeks to think about it... very tempting!

Old 08-25-2014, 06:17 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Originally Posted by apessino
I got a few weeks to think about it... very tempting!
My biggest regret in my order for my 997.2 GT3 was not getting the seats. Its the reason why I skipped my allocation for a 2014 as I had hopes they would make it on the 2015's.

Dont think about it, just do it.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:35 PM
apessino is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by avi8tir
My biggest regret in my order for my 997.2 GT3 was not getting the seats. Its the reason why I skipped my allocation for a 2014 as I had hopes they would make it on the 2015's.

Dont think about it, just do it.
Aright - what's an extra $4K at this point... I'll add the yellow seat belts too while I am at it.

EDIT: looks like it is "only" $2K extra compared to my previous selection - definitely going to get the bucket seats.

Last edited by apessino; 08-25-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:09 AM
oc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really nice
I just picked up my white 2014 today.

Does anyone know if this production STOP for feb 2015 has been confirmed??

Old 08-30-2014, 12:22 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
It's all rumor till PAG says something official. I just got my 2015 allocation. It's a December build so delivery would be in Feb most likely.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:33 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by oc997
I just picked up my white 2014 today.

Does anyone know if this production STOP for feb 2015 has been confirmed??
Rumor will stop by the spring. Then RS production begins, and once that stops later in the year the GT3 992 will be announced as a 16 model.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mto
Rumor will stop by the spring. Then RS production begins, and once that stops later in the year the GT3 992 will be announced as a 16 model.
That's a pretty definitive statement. What makes you so sure?

Old 08-31-2014, 03:35 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Haku
That's a pretty definitive statement. What makes you so sure?
Nothing is definitive with Porsche. 992 911's are already spied, so it would make sense, the 992 GT3's will follow.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:34 AM
m3irish is on a distinguished road
I'm next on the list at my dealer. Talking to them it seems they can no longer order a PTS car as of last week due to production winding down. I'm likely going to punt on the GT3 until the 991.2 or whatever GT3 hits to get a PTS car.

Cheers,
Rob

Old 09-26-2014, 03:40 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mto
Nothing is definitive with Porsche. 992 911's are already spied, so it would make sense, the 992 GT3's will follow.

The rumors are probably true. All manufacturers are scrambling to meet their CAFE requirements and smaller displacement with forced induction seems to be the direction many are going now. If the 992 rumors are true, then there is a good chance the GT3 version might be turbo charged with a smaller cc motor. In that case, I am really looking forward to delivery of my Naturally Aspirated GT3 next month. I think there will be some value in owning the last of the NA motor GT3's...

Old 09-26-2014, 08:21 PM
ZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really niceZZinger is just really nice
I just got am email that my local dealer has "3" 2015 allocations for the GT3. I was thinking of ordering one but it seems dealers are getting more allocations late in the year and as supply goes up, well you know the other side…….

Did Porsche add allocations, are they building another 50-100 cars?

I ask because I have heard of least 6 dealers (gathered this from the forums, may not be all true, it is the internet with "open" allocations and some dealers have multiple allocations.

Want to order one but was hoping values would hold on these for a bit.

Any info on total builds would be helpful. Is Porsche rapidly building these to stay with demand or what?

Old 09-26-2014, 09:02 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Porsche is probably pumping out as many 2015s as possible to make up for the low volume on the 2014 run.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:40 AM
swole305 has a spectacular aura aboutswole305 has a spectacular aura aboutswole305 has a spectacular aura about
Spoke with my dealer. No more orders for GT3's. Also the rumor of the next GT3 being turbo charged was told me also by the dealer. its a rumor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 production ending...?