GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991 GT3 production ending...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 07:55 AM
alpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of light
Two cars had engine fires back in Janaury due to a problem connecting rod fasteners. All 700+ cars that had been built through April 2014 got new engines with improved connecting rod fasteners. People have been driving the cars with new engines for two months and have put thousands of miles on them with no engine problems reported.

I'm not worried about the 991 GT3.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:22 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by alpine-al
Two cars had engine fires back in Janaury due to a problem connecting rod fasteners. All 700+ cars that had been built through April 2014 got new engines with improved connecting rod fasteners. People have been driving the cars with new engines for two months and have put thousands of miles on them with no engine problems reported.

I'm not worried about the 991 GT3.

I agree....Thankfully! My car arrived at the San Diego port on Monday.

Lots of folks are already flogging them at the track with excellent reports. I haven't heard a bad review yet, other than someone nailing a radiator at the track - they hadn't received the wheel well mesh covers yet.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:06 AM
C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !
Production ended for me dealer called car is in (due 14 April 2014, now a 2015). hopefully get away today to pick up or tomorrow for sure.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:09 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C4s Dave
Production ended for me dealer called car is in (due 14 April 2014, now a 2015). hopefully get away today to pick up or tomorrow for sure.
??????

Old 08-22-2014, 08:49 AM
C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !
Talking

Originally Posted by RossL
??????
Don't need to worry about the end of production,I have mine

Old 08-22-2014, 02:02 PM
alpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by C4s Dave
Don't need to worry about the end of production,I have mine
Everybody can stop worrying about production. Dave has his car. We can now direct our worries to the ebola virus, ISIS, and the Russians in Ukraine.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:14 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Everybody can stop worrying about production. Dave has his car. We can now direct our worries to the ebola virus, ISIS, and the Russians in Ukraine.

That's !

Old 08-22-2014, 07:41 PM
chiroporsche will become famous soon enough

Back to the original point of this thread, I was talking the the sales manager at my dealership last week and he told me that production of the gt3 would be ending in Feb.

Old 08-23-2014, 12:47 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by chiroporsche
Back to the original point of this thread, I was talking the the sales manager at my dealership last week and he told me that production of the gt3 would be ending in Feb.
My dealer told me production ended last February!

Old 08-23-2014, 03:17 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Nikolas
My dealer told me production ended last February!
As of this week, that is correct. Whether it will change is anyone's guess.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by mto
As of this week, that is correct. Whether it will change is anyone's guess.
My guess is that they will resume production of the 991 GT3s sometime after the workers return from the annual August break. I'm guessing this because Porsche AG is currently accepting and confirming GT3 build orders for the fall months.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:31 PM
Keawn is just really niceKeawn is just really niceKeawn is just really niceKeawn is just really niceKeawn is just really nice
My guess is that they will resume production of the 991 GT3s sometime after the workers return from the annual August break. I'm guessing this because Porsche AG is currently accepting and confirming GT3 build orders for the fall months.

My dealer just called me yesterday and got an allocation for December delivery. I am ordering the car tomorrow. But wondering if Porsche will actually stop producing the GT3 in February?

Old 08-24-2014, 03:34 PM
apessino is on a distinguished road
I put an order down for a '15 GT3 on Friday, after calling nearly every dealer in SoCal I managed to order one at sticker price (I was asked as much as $40K over sticker for a "lightly used" '14 ).

The best I had found was $10K over sticker with a $20K non-refundable deposit or $15K over sticker with a $10K refundable deposit, when I got a call back by another dealer in LA saying they would let me order one for sticker price + $5K non-refundable deposit, so I jumped on it. Nice to order the car exactly like I wanted - PCCB and all...

It is a January build, car expected in March.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:15 AM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Originally Posted by apessino
I put an order down for a '15 GT3 on Friday, after calling nearly every dealer in SoCal I managed to order one at sticker price (I was asked as much as $40K over sticker for a "lightly used" '14 ).

The best I had found was $10K over sticker with a $20K non-refundable deposit or $15K over sticker with a $10K refundable deposit, when I got a call back by another dealer in LA saying they would let me order one for sticker price + $5K non-refundable deposit, so I jumped on it. Nice to order the car exactly like I wanted - PCCB and all...

It is a January build, car expected in March.
What dealer?

Old 08-25-2014, 11:11 AM
apessino is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by avi8tir
What dealer?
Pacific Porsche in Torrance. http://pacificporsche.net/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 production ending...?