GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991 GT3 production ending...?

Old 09-28-2014, 04:46 PM
the2thdr has a spectacular aura aboutthe2thdr has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by swole305
Spoke with my dealer. No more orders for GT3's. Also the rumor of the next GT3 being turbo charged was told me also by the dealer. its a rumor.
Is this for the 991 GT3 or MY 2015?

Old 09-30-2014, 07:52 AM
Tom(Atl) is on a distinguished road
I was told by the PCNA rep to expect production to end at the end of this year.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:05 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom(Atl)
I was told by the PCNA rep to expect production to end at the end of this year.
I bet it's sooner. We've already sold all our 2015 allocations, and we're already seeing pre-owned 2014's getting traded in, so it's like the market is going to get slightly saturated if they keep it up. Too many people are waiting for the RS to come.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:45 AM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
I bet it's sooner. We've already sold all our 2015 allocations, and we're already seeing pre-owned 2014's getting traded in, so it's like the market is going to get slightly saturated if they keep it up. Too many people are waiting for the RS to come.
What's the planned US allocations for the RS?

Old 09-30-2014, 09:04 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mto
What's the planned US allocations for the RS?
No details on that yet. But we usually get one of, if not the, highest allocations in the country, so as soon as I know I'll pass it along.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:36 PM
provoke is on a distinguished road
Called Porsche today to place an order for sport bucket seats for an 15 that's at port in Germany awaiting to get on the boat. They obviously weren't an option on the US configurator when I placed my order... We talked to the parts department and was told they received an interoffice bulletin that said these seats will not be available till Spring 2015.

FYI The reason its on the US configurator is that any cars submitted after they added will be for build dates after spring 2015........

Old 10-17-2014, 02:06 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by provoke
. We talked to the parts department and was told they received an interoffice bulletin that said these seats will not be available till Spring 2015.

FYI The reason its on the US configurator is that any cars submitted after they added will be for build dates after spring 2015........
Are you saying if someone recently placed an order with the buckets seats, the spec was accepted by Porsche and have a delivery date in Jan...that they will not have the bucket seats??

Old 10-17-2014, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by BrandonH
Are you saying if someone recently placed an order with the buckets seats, the spec was accepted by Porsche and have a delivery date in Jan...that they will not have the bucket seats??

I'm just relaying what the parts department told me.......

Old 10-17-2014, 02:22 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
I'm not disputing what you were told....but that doesnt make any sense....why would Porsche put an item as important as those seats on the configurator if they aren't available.

There are guys that have turned in their 14' car and ordered a 15'....JUST TO GET THE SEATS.

Will be some very unhappy customers.....myself included.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:34 PM
alpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of light
And, that confirms what we've read (either here or on Rennlist). The parts department at Porsche dealerships won't be able to get the new CF GT3 buckets until Spring 2015 or later.

I don't believe that this issue will have any affect on the 2015 GT3s that will get buckets installed on the assembly line beginning in November2014.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by alpine-al

I don't believe that this issue will have any affect on the 2015 GT3s that will get buckets installed on the assembly line beginning in November2014.

Now I feel a little better.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:43 PM
apessino is on a distinguished road
My car has a just-confirmed build date of '2nd week of December" and it has the bucket seats.

Pretty sure alpine-al is right...

Old 10-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by alpine-al
And, that confirms what we've read (either here or on Rennlist). The parts department at Porsche dealerships won't be able to get the new CF GT3 buckets until Spring 2015 or later.

That's good news.. It wouldn't make sense why they would be on the configurator otherwise... Again I was only the messenger..... My 15' was finished Sept 26th.. 3 weeks later... Still at Port in Germany...

Old 10-18-2014, 08:36 PM
aalencar is on a distinguished road
GT3 allocation

Was talking to my dealer yesterday and he told me they got 2 last minute GT3 allocations. Not sure if they are gone already but PM me if you want his contact.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:58 PM
NewtownGT3 is on a distinguished road
My car is a late December build & was able to get the light weight buckets with no issues. From what my guy tells me, any production after the beginning of November will be able to get those seat from the factory. I would not have ordered if those were not available.....well, maybe I would have given it a 2nd thought anyways! Lol!!!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 production ending...?