GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

The Z06 boys will be all fired up over this one... C&D comparo GT3 vs. Vette

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 02-03-2007, 04:05 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Those shirts are bad *** Byron. When does mine come in the mail?

Old 02-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Those shirts are bad *** Byron. When does mine come in the mail?
Deputy - I have one xxl. Are you this size now or are you a large?

Byron

Old 02-03-2007, 04:11 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Deputy - I have one xxl. Are you this size now or are you a large?

Byron
i think the large fit pretty good if i remember right. i could wear a xxl as a dress

Old 02-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
i think the large fit pretty good if i remember right. i could wear a xxl as a dress
LMAO...Check da mail next week. I am also including spam and pork and beans. Enjoy and tell Barnaby Jones I said HI.

Byron

Old 02-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I think the marquis vs marquis comes in where people want to race which a large number of sports car fanatics want to do at some point whether it's street or track or just occasional passers by on the highway.
While people are obviously free to hang their hat on those kind of things, I personally find it hard to understand.

The vast majority of the time, racing at the track (road course) boils down to the driver, so it rarely proves anything about the car.

As for street encounters, they are even less "scientific". And a car that is faster than mine in some street encounter does not in any way make it "better" or "best" in the grand scheme of things, and does not make me feel any different about the reasons why I bought my Porsche. Plus when you think about the total time I've spent in informal runs on the street versus the total time I've spent driving my Turbo?...maybe 5 minutes total doing "runs" and the rest of the time it took to drive 30k?...well the math isn't worth doing.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:50 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dock (Atlanta)
While people are obviously free to hang their hat on those kind of things, I personally find it hard to understand.

The vast majority of the time, racing at the track (road course) boils down to the driver, so it rarely proves anything about the car.

As for street encounters, they are even less "scientific". And a car that is faster than mine in some street encounter does not in any way make it "better" or "best" in the grand scheme of things, and does not make me feel any different about the reasons why I bought my Porsche. Plus when you think about the total time I've spent in informal runs on the street versus the total time I've spent driving my Turbo?...maybe 5 minutes total doing "runs" and the rest of the time it took to drive 30k?...well the math isn't worth doing.
While I do agree almost entirely with your statement, the reality is, a good driver in a better car can beat a better driver in a lesser car. Food for thought. Some cars can make you look like a hero while others (GT3's in particular) do not suffer fools lightly.

My biggest props to the Porsche is that five years from now I could walk into the garage and still be very happy with the looks of a previous model 911. While I think the new ZO6 is a great looking car I cannot say I'd feel the same about it after that much time.

Last edited by SD1; 02-04-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:11 PM
bking is on a distinguished road
i spent 3 days in the new z06 at spring mt raceway in Pahrump Nev. in their drivers school. Great car, lot of fun. Chevy did it up right for the corvette guys.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally Posted by 05997S
...a good driver in a better car can beat a better driver in a lesser car.
It's all a matter of degree...define "better" versus "lesser" in terms of the car, and define "good" versus "better" in terms of the driver. But that's the problem with comparisons isn't it...defining the terms and then deciding if those terms really can be measured...and if they can be measured..what do the results mean in the grand scheme of things.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:15 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Have I mentioned how much I hate anonymous pussies? I actually got negative repped for this thread. Why don't people sign reps? I apologize to the spineless sissy who neg rep'd me for my repost. Unfortunately having a job I don't have time to read every single thread on here....

Here's what he wrote:

Thanks for dragging this place down even more by reposting the same 7 page thread that already got locked.

Notice the lack of a signature. Weak.... Man up or keep your mouth shut
I agree, the sneaky neg reps suck. Should automatically show a name.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:55 PM
PaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Rec Racing
I am always amazed at the never ending battle over Porsche/Corvette. They are both fantastic machines each in their own right. I am lucky enough to own a 2004 GT-3 as well as a 2007 ZO-6, I have no plans to ever get rid of either. Tomorrow I am placing my order for a 2007 GT-3 RS. I trust it will be as fantastic as the others. Each time I drive either the Porsche or the Corvette I find new ways to be impressed. They both go about their mssions in very different manners...but both are at the top of the food chain.

FINALLY...someone with a level head. I am so tired of the corvette bashing (i.e plastic pigs, only good in a straight line, etc) This may have been true about the corvette in the past, but this is no longer the case. NEWSFLASH: Corvettes are no longer fiberglass. In fact, the ZO6 and ZR1 are mostly carbon fiber...yes that's right, the same carbon fiber that is being used on the new 4.0 GT3. Do not downplay the performance of the ZO6 and ZR1. If you do, you are simply lying to yourself. If you have something negative to say, please reserve your comments for the interior (which I can admit, could be alot nicer).

I too love the GT3 RS and will be purchasing one within the next few months, but please, all you corvette haters, stop your stupid false bashing. Porsche AND corvette are both amazing machines. Both engineered very differently but still put the same smile on your face. If you have not driven a ZO6 or ZR1, please don't comment.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:51 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Late much?

I think you are over exaggerating though, mostly carbon fiber..........?

Old 10-02-2011, 08:05 AM
6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough
Late much?

+ 1 damn talk about bumping an old thread haha ...

I have a 08 z06 ... love the car to death...

I am a true car guy I love almost anything ...

The z06 is an animal straight line, road course, streets, highway, winding back roads...

but the porsche is amazing too... I will probably own a porsche sometime soon as well ...

Old 10-02-2011, 10:25 AM
PaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to behold
Late much?

I am new to this 6speed forum and was just looking around. Didn't notice the date on the comment...I was focused on the content. Thanks for bring that to my attention.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:43 AM
6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by PaulChristian
I am new to this 6speed forum and was just looking around. Didn't notice the date on the comment...I was focused on the content. Thanks for bring that to my attention.
lol idc I was just saying ... but I never saw this thread cause Im sorta new too and it was a good read !

Old 10-02-2011, 03:17 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Holy Thread Revival Batman!

Anyway I went for a ride in my neighbors Z06...2008. WOW WOW WOW...Both he and I track a lot and he mostly tracks his 996 Porsche. Due to physical limits I can not push a clutch...if I could...I'd have a new Z06 right now.

I track a lot with Z06's and they in stock for with sticky tires are a beast on the track. With minimal money out of pocket...CCW wheels, sticky tires, change brake fluid and pads, instal seats for a harness the Z06 is a track day king.