GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Ugly Porsche Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 02:00 AM
techart 996 #3 is on a distinguished road
Porvette,

would like to know if the gentlemans agreement you had with the dealers GM for the next GTR RS allocation was for msrp.

Also wondering if the sales manager has more pull than the GM since he is the owners son.

Would also like to know what those "few choice words" were.

How many of your roughly 15 previous porsches were purchased from this particular dealer?

Really sorry to hear about your bad experience with this dealer. Even though you probably won't do business with these guys again, you shouldn't exclude yourself from buying from another dealer. If you've had 15 porsches, you must really like the brand, so just get if from some other place. If you however feel slighted by the factory as well (just like me) then there are other manufacturers out there. No matter how great porsches are, they are not the end all be all. (I think ferrari is................................... relax all fellow 6 speeders, just one mans opinion)

Good luck
-Peter

Last edited by techart 996 #3; 05-08-2007 at 02:07 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:17 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
I can't beleive this things...it's really incredible!
Anyway do not delete the experience you had with Porsche...you will find other great dealers to deal with

Old 05-08-2007, 03:04 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
these type of stories are becoming more and more common place. I have heard of several dealerships that have been willing to ruin longtime relationships over the GT3 RS. They probably will make more profit based on the profit margin on the sale of the GT3 RS than all 15 Porsches put together, which is the only reason that I think they would be stupid enough to ruin a longstanding relationship. But us as consumers need to show the dealerships that they're not going to dictate us being "allowed" to purchase from them. The car sales industry (generalization here) new or used is just full of slimeballs. Sure there is the rare good dealership that has more integrity than stupidity, but unfortunately those few are getting harder and harder to find. All we can do is complain to PCNA or Porsche A.G. I would think that if you've purchased that many cars from Porsche, PCNA would have record of it and anyone that has spent that much money with Porsche, they're going to figure out a way to keep you happy to ensure future purchases. Keep us posted.

Last edited by ScottKelly911; 05-08-2007 at 03:06 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:20 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Agree with all of the above comments, there are two dealers here that do similar things. Having said that, there has got to be more to the story here if they actually threatened calling the cops. Regardless, it should never get to that point bc the customer is always right. If you passed on your RS allocation, went thru the GT3 thing and now want another chance, you're out of luck I'm afraid. Unless you had a cash deposit, the dealer is under no obligation to sell that car to you. If you indeed placed a deposit, they owe you a car!

Old 05-08-2007, 09:07 AM
ZEMDOGG is on a distinguished road
Very unfortunate. Sorry for your horrible experience.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Hernando is on a distinguished road
I can't believe they treated you that way. Actually, I can. I don't think that this incident should turn you off of Porsche, it's is the dealer's attitude not Porsche's. I think that if you have been a good customer for a long time, they should treat you well regardless of whether you buy all your cars from them or just some. The thing that really sucks, is that now you have to find other places to service your car. This is really unfair when you are paying such a high price for a car. One should always be treated well. When my cousin ordered his TT from a Miami dealer, they promised April delivery. In Jan they said it would be pushed back to July or August, but if he wanted one know he would have to settle for a black or grey one. I asked the sales guy if he could please try and find one in the prefered color combo. He said no, that it was impossible to find that car. I said "come on you can just search for one, buy it, or trade for it, and we will pay for it", again he said no, impossible. So we left the dealership and in two hours I found the car in Palm Beach, so we bought it. The Miami sales person got very very upset with me. I told him I gave hima chance to buy it, but he was still upset. I don't think he should be upset at us cause he lost a sale, instead he should try harder when we come in next time. My BMW dealer goes above and beyond the call of duty, they will find me a car, if they don't have it, they will search every BMW dealer in NA to find my car.
I believe we shouldn't be treated poorly for buying somewhere else, or making impulse buys. We should be able to buy a car from whomever we please, and not have consequences for doing so. After all we are the customers. It's our right to buy something when we like it. I am sorry to hear about your experience. I wish you luck in finding your GT3-RS.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:32 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorVette1
After letting myself calm down for the last 10 days during which I contacted some Porsche corporate employee's about my sales experience not even a phone call 2 weeks later to make sure I was doing OK.

I want to post what I believe is one of the most unbelievable sales experiences I have participated in or have heard of.

In the last 7 years I have owned roughly 15 porsche's to include referring at least a handful of friends to this local dealership in walnut creek california.

I originally passed on the 1st GT3RS allocation at this dealership because I thought the regular GT3 would be better suited for me. So I then went out and bought a 997 GT3 over sticker price from another dealer and drove it for about 2500 miles at which time I decided that I indeed wanted the GT3RS and sold the 997 GT3 and not at a profit!!!

I think i hurt my local dealers feelings because i did not by a GT3 from them. They had none availabe and I can be impulsive.

I went down to talk to this local dealer's GM and he told me that he only had 1 allocation for 2007 and it was spoken for shortly after I passed on it. I then asked him if he had the opportunity to get another GT3RS I wanted that car and he told me that if he indeed did get another car he would give it to me (Gentlemens" Agreement) which i have had with him before.

I found out about 2 weeks ago that this dealer was getting another car as an additional allocation from Porsche. I guess they are in with the local Porsche Rep. A friend of mine said they were asking $50,000 over sticker price!!!! I immediately called the dealer up and spoke with the sales manager who is also the owners son and he told me that the car was availiable and that for $50,000 it could be mine, my immediate response was total shock at what was taking place!!!!

Upon arrival at the dealership I waited in the lobby for the GM and the sales manager to come down and talk to me which they would not unless I went up to their office which was very odd to me but after about 5 minutes I went up.
I guess they did not want to humiliate themselves in front of there sales guys.

When I entered the GM's office he told me that they where no longer going to do business with me????? I was floored and after a few choice words I told them not to spend the whole $50,000 in one place because with business practices like this they would be out of business in no time.

The hot headed owners son who is the sales manager and should not be dealing with the public got out of his seat and told me to get off of the property or he would call the police!!!!WOW I was speechless and got up and left.

All of this over $50,000 profit?? Upon leaving the dealership I made a few calls to other area stores and they where shocked that they would do this to me of all people?? Then one of the sales people told me that this makes sense because this local dealer was trying to also trade this GT3 RS in exchange for taking 6 SUV Turbo off his hands. I took a copy of the forum mail.

Can you believe Porsche would give them another car like the GT3RS and they treat the gift like this???

Looks like the wheels are already come off the dealership to include having there sales down over 20% this year. Couldn't happen to a nicer group of guys!!

I think Porsche Headquarters needs to know what is going on here in the US with there franchise dealers and the GT3RS. I have owned almost every type of sports car you can think of and after this experience may never drive a Porsche again!!!!!

I am constantly bombarded by JD Power and Porsche for comments on my sales experience I wonder what they would think of this??

Any Porsche corporate protocal, suggestions or contact people you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

This non sense would not be tolerated in Germany and should be dealt with here in the US.
That is unbelievable man I think we've met (Greg?)

Old 05-08-2007, 12:14 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
mitty, i think you are greg?
i pm'd you.
i feel terrible about what you are going through.
certainly, i am not privy to the deals you have/had with stead and/or carlsen, i cannot comment on that.
but i do have a feeling that these cars, unless prior arrangements were sealed, are now commanding at least $30k premium.
hopefully b/n stead and carlsen, you can have your new toy soon.

jh

Last edited by mooty; 05-08-2007 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
don't feel bad I was banned from my local BMW dealer after the stiffed me with $2500 in a MINI purchase and complained to headquarters, they got fined with $20grand for fraudulent operations by BMW corporate... now I can't set foot at the dealer... ja, ja, ja... to bad for them and when I see the owner outside anywhere I will kick his a$$ too...

Old 05-08-2007, 12:17 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Frissen
don't feel bad I was banned from my local BMW dealer after the stiffed me with $2500 in a MINI purchase and complained to headquarters, they got fined with $20grand for fraudulent operations by BMW corporate... now I can't set foot at the dealer... ja, ja, ja... to bad for them and when I see the owner outside anywhere I will kick his a$$ too...
hey i know hitman in TX.
you cannot set foot at this shop, my buddies can.
i do "vandalism" for a living.
i am all for five eyes for one.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:35 PM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
UNfortunately, we live in a society where everything is about P&L, the bottomline.

Everything is focused on besting last years numbers, boosting profit and satisfying the owners.

This scenario is happening over the entire population of businesses now, not just Porsche.

Its just too bad they were not more discrete in handling the customer.

Honesty is still the best policy and they should have told you on the phone that a RS is coming in and its $50K over sticker and that the owners mandate to do this.

I do understand that P dealers like all other busniesses are there for one thing,, to maximize profit and take no prisoners.

life can be a ***** at times

cabman

Old 05-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Formerly 04ImolaZHP
InfamousD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mooty
hey i know hitman in TX.
you cannot set foot at this shop, my buddies can.
i do "vandalism" for a living.
i am all for five eyes for one.

ahahah, this made me laugh outloud...

Old 05-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
While, I feel for you this stuff has been going on with Ferrari for years. With Porsche this is new because they mass produce almost every model. If you call every Ferrari dealer in the US wanting a F430 at list they will laugh at you, but mark my words if you are willing to pay over list you can spec one out exactly the way you want it and have it within 12 months. It really goes back to supply and Demand. There are certain dealers that strictly adhere to not selling at over list and some just dont give a crap and will sell at Market. They are out for themselves and money talks. You would have to buy at least 8 to 10 cars with an average discount for what they will make on one Gt3 RS.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:11 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
You know, I read this story and kept thinking, there must be more to this story. But I realize he probably didn't do ****.

I have found that the management and ownership of a lot of dealerships especially independents are real prima donnas. These guys cry like little babies and stab you in the back when they can't make a deal. I've had guys who I thought were friends or at least reliable busineess people lie to my face and then have the audacity to get pissed at me when the deal doesn't happen.

The funny thing with this dealer is that the old man probably had to work at it a bit to make it a success but the kid is probably a straight up punk with zero skills and I am sure you are not the first or last person he will permanently alienate from the store.

Go get yourself an RS. Seriously, have fun with the car. The rest of the story winds up like this. He gets his 50K, you get an RS and the satisfaction of steering your business and your circle of influences' business away from his doors for the rest of your life.

I don't think there is one of us business owners posting on this board that would ever make that trade.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:08 PM
chokeu2 is on a distinguished road
Wow... PCNA HQ is less than five miles from my house, would ya like a hand carried letter placed?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ugly Porsche Experience