GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Video CGT owns a 599GTB Ferrari

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Video CGT owns a 599GTB Ferrari

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z43iE...related&search=

I know which one my 300+ grand would go into.

Damn, the SLR walks it too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GSXZqXU43k&NR=1

Old 06-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Josh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the rough

Old 06-04-2007, 11:33 AM
porschenut911 is on a distinguished road
Repost !!!

Old 06-04-2007, 12:08 PM
msindi is on a distinguished road
No fair...Porsche is a much lighter CF chassis car...compare it to Enzo not 599

Old 06-04-2007, 12:20 PM
SmurfM3 is on a distinguished road
I passed a 599 GTB Fiorano on the track in my SCCA Spec Miata at Infineon Raceway during some random trackday. Granted, it was brand new and he probably didn't want to ball it up, but still.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
A friend has a 6 speed 599 GTB and it's an amazing car. Whether a CGT is the better vehicle or not I don't know but believe me you would sell you left nut to have one.
It's a magnificant vehicle visually and mechanically.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:42 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bruce
but believe me you would sell you left nut to have one.
Why is it always the Left nut that people are trying to sell ? I mean are the right nuts not good enough ?

Old 06-04-2007, 02:43 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Check out the rear end of the Cararra GT go when he hits it.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:08 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
A friend has a 6 speed 599 GTB and it's an amazing car. Whether a CGT is the better vehicle or not I don't know but believe me you would sell you left nut to have one.
It's a magnificant vehicle visually and mechanically.
A ferrari general manager informed me recently that only 4% of 599GTB production was 6 speed...and he got to drive one recently, and said it bordered on automotive perfection. Said he had driven F40's, F50's and the like, and that this could possibly be even better...

thats a pretty compelling argument for a 6 speed 599GTB !

Old 06-04-2007, 03:12 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
Doc, when are you getting a 6speed 599?

Old 06-04-2007, 03:31 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally Posted by alkyoneus
Doc, when are you getting a 6speed 599?
not anytime soon my friend....market prices are wacky, and I'm way down on any msrp list !

Old 06-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
I believe all 599's are spoken for plus a waiting list. A 6 speed 599 is virtually impossible to get unless someone is willing to pay way, way, way over sticker. I know of one F1 car that went for $100,000 over. Crazy stuff.
My friend got his only because he has at least 2 Ferrari's at any one time and keeps upgrading to the latest model so he's the dealers best client. Even then he had to commit to keeping the car for at least 2 years and not flipping it.

I don't have and have never driven a CGT but I have driven allot of serious cars and the 599 is an incredible machine. My friends car has over $20,000 in carbon fibre (I thought Porsche was bad) including a $7,000 steering wheel with F1 shift lights. The interior is amazing and you gotta love the sound of a Ferrari 12 at full wail.

Doc- if you can get your hands on one without paying a big number over sticker jump at it. Oops didn't see your post above.
How's the GT3, sounds like it's going to be a blast.

Last edited by Bruce; 06-04-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by RufMD
A ferrari general manager informed me recently that only 4% of 599GTB production was 6 speed...and he got to drive one recently, and said it bordered on automotive perfection. Said he had driven F40's, F50's and the like, and that this could possibly be even better...

thats a pretty compelling argument for a 6 speed 599GTB !
Long live the clutch pedal!

But seriously, how could one not want the involvement of a traditional manual? Woman on top is great fun, don't get me wrong - but there's something to be said for full control!

I would only buy a paddle car in addition to a standard shift sports car. My $.02

Old 06-04-2007, 05:16 PM
msindi is on a distinguished road
I know of one F1 car that went for $100,000 over. Crazy stuff.
And that is in the low-end of over MSRP

Old 06-04-2007, 05:51 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
I have a deposit on a 430 spider for early next spring. I am told I can also get a 599. I think I'm only interested if I could get a 599 spider.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video CGT owns a 599GTB Ferrari