Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

something for the track perhaps?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 08:59 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
something for the track perhaps?

I don't have the car back yet, but I did get to drive it around the block... way cool!!! I pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

Sequential shifter! Yes, that is the rifle bolt like solid accuracy I was refering to a few days ago

Old 04-12-2004, 09:03 PM
It has the electromagnet assist wired through a switch so that it can be disabled to more readily "find" neutral. I think I will leave the console cover off for a few days.
Thanks to James for the clean install (even with me looking over your shoulder) and to all my buds at AkkuratPGI for the work!
It should be a fun toy

Old 04-12-2004, 09:09 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Whhhooooaaaaa!!!! Look at that mechanical art!!!! So how is it to shift???? Fast and furious???? Need specifics on that....who makes it??? Approx. cost??? Is it dyi-able???

It would be a shame to cover it up with the console....

Old 04-12-2004, 09:11 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Doug...In a word, that is sick!!!!!

Old 04-12-2004, 09:27 PM
I think a clear lexan center console is in order!!!!

Old 04-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by rockitman
Doug...In a word, that is sick!!!!!
Thanks Rockitman!
To "upshift" simply pull back. To "downshift" push forward. It only changes one gear at a time in order. It is easier to "shift" with the electromagnet assist "on", but not too bad without. The full "damage" is not yet known, but it should be under $4K.
They do not manufacture it but your buddies at AkkuratPGI sourced it for me and did the install. I think you could DYI it with a bit of patience (I by the way have no patience). Brian (at Akkurat) says you can find neutral between gears to double clutch if desired although I have not done so yet.
I really like the solid mechanical operation.

Old 04-12-2004, 09:39 PM
Is it hard to switch the electromagnet off to get to neutral when at a light??? How about finding reverse???

Old 04-12-2004, 10:03 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Doug,

I can't wait for a report!

Old 04-12-2004, 10:43 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Holy Mother of GOD!!!

Old 04-12-2004, 10:45 PM
Rockit-, we had a simple toggle switch installed to turn off the electro-assist (temp switch for now, but will become an in-dash Porsche switch in the near future). Very easy to turn off - on. A few of the guys at Akkurat have no trouble finding neutral either way, but I guess I do not have the magic touch (yet).

Reverse is very easy... just go down to 1st, then pull up on that ring just below the ball and move the stick. (The ring midway up the stick is for the leather boot and that will go on later.)

Chad, I think you like mechanical things - you should run up to Akkurat (just down the street from Carlsen) and check it out - if you have time. I plan to pick it up between 3 and 4 tomorrow (Tuesday the 13th).

Old 04-12-2004, 11:36 PM
macfly is infamous around these parts
can you swap the shift direction?

I think I'd prefer to shift up with a push 'up' and shif down with a pull down, is it reverseable?

How does it affect the wire operated gear selection?
What is the stress on the system?
How long does it take to have it installed?

Old 04-13-2004, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by cjv
Doug,

I can't wait for a report!
Yes indeed...if this turns out to be as good as we all assume it will be, we need a detailed report full of gore so that we can prepare our bank accounts for another big hit!!!

Old 04-13-2004, 12:54 PM
MJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the rough
Stop it with the teasers... that's just the sickest...BTW is this it: http://www.cartronic-motors.com/e/por_sequ.html

Old 04-13-2004, 01:13 PM
MgnFicnT is infamous around these parts
now that is pretty cool ! i love it

Old 04-13-2004, 01:45 PM
MJSpeed, yes it is the Cartronic unit

Thank for the link.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: something for the track perhaps?