Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

any superleggeras???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 11:23 PM
euroaaron12 is on a distinguished road
any superleggeras???

anyone on here with a superleggera??? I dont think i have ever seen a fellow member with one. I absolutly love it. The raw-ness, lightweight, loud, is made for enthusiast. It would be awesome if someone had some pics of theres! if any

Old 01-27-2008, 11:38 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Yes, lets see one at the C&C on Sat. I want to see how quick that car really is.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Turbo Mike is on a distinguished road
Just saw this one today

Beautiful car

Last edited by Turbo Mike; 05-22-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:43 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
There are a few for sale on Dupont Registry. Hopefully one will end up on the 6.
I just can't get over the wing, wheels, and stripe. Wheels can be changed some SDS, stripe I can live with, but the wing... Ugh.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
Before you buy one, keep in mind that superlaggera has been getting very poor reviews from auto publications. According to one review:
"... brake pedal, which is quite the nastiest, snathiest thing I've ever experience on a high performance car. Then there's the slightly clunky transmission, the stodgy steering, and the general feeling of weightiness. THe one thing it doesn't feel is superlagerra or indeed, much of a step up from a regular gallardo". (EVO car of the year 2007)
It even finished below Honda Civic Type-R and Audo R8! C&D review complained about similar problems:
"This spiced-up Gallardo has flashy electric-yellow paint and an intoxicating engine scream, but in nearly 27 years at this magazine, I’ve never pressed on a touchier, less predictable brake pedal. You squeeze your foot, and nothing happens; press a little harder, still nothing; then suddenly, you’re hanging from your seatbelt. And when you try downshifting while braking, the whole car convulses as the e-gear blips the revs while the clutch is still engaged. The Superleggera is intended as a track car, but no competent race car feels like this." (C&D Gallardo Superlaggera review)
I would highly recommend an 06+ gallardo SE instead of superlaggera... looks like its not worth the extra $$$ at all and Lamborghini made some major mistakes in designing this car (especially the brakes).

Last edited by Tuskir; 01-27-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Carb0n Fiber will become famous soon enoughCarb0n Fiber will become famous soon enough
saw this one in palm beach

Old 01-28-2008, 05:05 PM
pattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the roughpattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the roughpattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the rough
i love the car! i havent heard of anyone on here owning one but who knows

Old 01-29-2008, 09:55 AM
emissary will become famous soon enough
Does the US market get racing seats in the SL, or is just the alacantara-covered regular seats as shown in the pics above?

Old 01-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Banned
kinnsella is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by emissary
Does the US market get racing seats in the SL, or is just the alacantara-covered regular seats as shown in the pics above?

all SL's get reg seats due to US side impact laws. Same for the AM DBS, Gt3 etc.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:32 PM
pattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the roughpattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the roughpattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by kinnsella
all SL's get reg seats due to US side impact laws. Same for the AM DBS, Gt3 etc.
seriously? so is that why the LP's here dont have the racing seats? are racing seats unsafe in accidents? can you put them in after you buy the car? never knew this...

Old 01-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Gilhart Racing is on a distinguished road
The issue w/ the brakes has to do w/ the ceramic brakes. They react just like your description from the articles. The steel brakes have great pedal feel similar to a Porsche TT.

Rick

Old 01-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Banned
Kevin2772 is on a distinguished road
All the magazines gave poor reveiws but all the poeple who have driven/taken delivery to them on the other forums have completely the opposite to say about them....

Old 01-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Gilhart Racing
The issue w/ the brakes has to do w/ the ceramic brakes. They react just like your description from the articles. The steel brakes have great pedal feel similar to a Porsche TT.

Rick
There has to be more to it than that. In the same article, they had a Porsche GT3RS, also with ceramic brakes and it ended up winning the "2007 car of the year" shootout. Porsche's ceramic brakes have received nothing but positive feedback...

Old 01-30-2008, 03:34 PM
sftobr is on a distinguished road
The guy who did the review on the SL probably has no idea what he is talking about. I own a SL and I can tell you it is one of the best cars I have ever owned. The is nothing wrong with the brakes. In fact the ceramic brakes are incredible.The guy who reviewed it must have a Cadillac for his everyday car. Everytime I take the car out I have a ****faced grin on my face. The car is a rocketship and the handling is a good as any car I have driven. Trust me if you get a chance to drive one you will love it .Everyone on Lambo Power who has driven one had only good things to say about it!!!

Old 01-30-2008, 04:32 PM
euroaaron12 is on a distinguished road
well im going to go with the guy who has everyday first hand experience. My dad is looking at one of these. funny how a bunch of threads come up in the Lambo section about SL after i post this one now i want to see someone tracking there SL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: any superleggeras???