Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Why are Lambo values falling more than Ferraris'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Rocket1324 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mr.PS
The early model Gallardo 2004-2005 were POS's pretty much. Extremely tall gearing, E-gear issue, el-cheapo Audi interior (ok the interior is still there in 08/09, but it looks better and has more options). Everyone is looking to get into a 2006 or better due to more power, better gearing, and revised E-gear programming.

Really nice.. !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Old 07-26-2008, 08:06 PM
PhantomMoneyPit is infamous around these parts
lol!

Old 07-26-2008, 10:03 PM
rberg32 is infamous around these parts
it's the heritage and the exclusivity. You will have to jump through many hoops to land a new ferrari.. with Lambo, I can walk into most dealers and buy a new Gallardo or LP640 on the spot.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:27 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Ferrari and its dealers create an "aura" around being able to get one of it's cars. Nothing is more of a turn-off to me than someone who wants me to be grateful and kiss *** to give them my hard earned money. The problem is two-fold: Ferrari cars are very enticing/exciting and there are plenty of people with a lot of money that don't really care about "overspending" to get what they want. Say what you will about it being "worth it" to get a 599, Scud or whatever but that plays right into the hands of what Ferrari and its dealers want. This is precisely why the California is priced where it is (above the 430 now) and the 430 replacement is going upmarket. Only Ferrari could introduce the "cheaper" car at a level higher than a current model. Ferrari is testing to see how "fiscally dumb and careless" its customers can be. No question they continue to make their products better, but there's more and more profit in it for them (see F1 budget as evidence). It's an envious position to be in and they will continue to do so as long as the product is selling. It's definitely supply and demand with a twist. It's like the night club or restaurant that keeps people waiting whilst there's room for them. Got to keep up the appearances ...

Old 07-28-2008, 01:30 AM
GTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by enginyr
you mean herritage. But that's about it. Modena's break down alllll day long with problems from day one. My lambo has treated me and everyone I know just fine.

I agree with you, also it's the way Ferrari's co-signment deal they have with the owners (especially the new vehicles). Who ever from Ferrari decided to play this game is a genius when it comes to marketing, hype, and money but I've had both rides before and I would pick a lambo over a Ferrari just about anyday. More reliable and less in insurance too! lol

Old 07-28-2008, 01:51 AM
enginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to behold
btw there is nothing wrong with the 04 or 05 gallardo's. The e-gear was the problem and fixed with an ecu update. Some say the 04's were lighter and less regulated. The newer ones have the lifting option but weighted down the car with hydraulics, slow movement ( i think 30 seconds) and it either leaks or doesn't work all the time. Of course all that is fixed in the newest ones.

Lambo interior is one of the best out there imho. Ferrari still looks like a Lotus interior.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:53 AM
enginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to behold
The only positive thing about the Ferrari is the option of road head from your passenger:------P

Old 07-28-2008, 01:57 AM
This is the older 360 Modena interior which should be compared to the gallardo and LP540 to the F430

Go Magnum P.I. ! ! !

Old 07-28-2008, 02:15 AM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by enginyr
btw there is nothing wrong with the 04 or 05 gallardo's. The e-gear was the problem and fixed with an ecu update. Some say the 04's were lighter and less regulated. The newer ones have the lifting option but weighted down the car with hydraulics, slow movement ( i think 30 seconds) and it either leaks or doesn't work all the time. Of course all that is fixed in the newest ones.

Lambo interior is one of the best out there imho. Ferrari still looks like a Lotus interior.
You're obviously biased. The Gallardo interior is garbage compared to the F430. The Gallardo interior may look better in those two pictures you posted, but in real life the A4 climate controls, A8 guage cluster, Audi Ax radio, and the rest of the Audi collage interior is a real turn off in a $2xx,000 car. Go out and sit in a fully optioned (drivers area carbon, lower carbon, dash carbon, racing seat, headliner leather, rear shelf leather) equipped F430 and compare it to the Gallardo...

Originally Posted by Lounge Lizard
Scare mongering and comments like this also help to lower the price of cars too.

So an '04-05 Gallardo is a POS because it has 20hp less, E gear transmission software that had to be updated and is now the same as '06 and up, and the same crap interior as every other Gallardo
The 04-05 Gallardo's are totally different beasts compared to 2006+. It's not just the 20hp increase. It's the gearing ratios and exhaust that make the biggest difference. The interior also felt much cheaper quality wise on the 2004-2005 and there was no option of navigation which really cleans up the center console.

Originally Posted by Jeff SD
Spoken like a true ******bag!
Replied like a true ****** bag as well. Actually, no, to be honest I'm just being honest. The Gallardo isn't all that in any aspect: performance, prestige, interior looks, quality, and creativity. I don't think very many here will argue with that. The F430 is much more desirable and prices clearly show that. You can argue that it's the Ferrari name, dealers, community, but you can't argue with the prices. They're still higher for a reason. If you're looking to get into a Lambo make it a Gallardo SL or a Murcielago. IMO, The Murcielago feels like a true Lambo in comparison. Many owners of both will agree.

Last edited by Mr.PS; 07-28-2008 at 02:24 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:48 AM
Banned
Lounge Lizard is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mr.PS
The 04-05 Gallardo's are totally different beasts compared to 2006+. It's not just the 20hp increase. It's the gearing ratios and exhaust that make the biggest difference. The interior also felt much cheaper quality wise on the 2004-2005 and there was no option of navigation which really cleans up the center console..
And that makes all '04/'05 Gallardo's a POS does it?

The reason Ferraris hold there value more is that they are falsely marketed. Ferrrari dealers are not permitted to sell a new Ferrari over MSRP therefore they sell to select "trusted" & "established" buyers at MSRP and trade in again 6/12months later for MSRP and then sell the car at a mark up well over MSRP on the used market. The market is full of Ferraris with artificially high prices.
And you can't truely compare a 430 to a 04 Gallardo. Talk about POS i'd take an '04 Gallardo over an '04 360 any day and that's comparing a new model Gallardo against an end of the product 360.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:08 PM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Lounge Lizard
And that makes all '04/'05 Gallardo's a POS does it?

The reason Ferraris hold there value more is that they are falsely marketed. Ferrrari dealers are not permitted to sell a new Ferrari over MSRP therefore they sell to select "trusted" & "established" buyers at MSRP and trade in again 6/12months later for MSRP and then sell the car at a mark up well over MSRP on the used market. The market is full of Ferraris with artificially high prices.
And you can't truely compare a 430 to a 04 Gallardo. Talk about POS i'd take an '04 Gallardo over an '04 360 any day and that's comparing a new model Gallardo against an end of the product 360.
Right, that's normal with Ferraris', but look at it this way. Those artificially high prices are still being accepted by buyers, which clearly shows the vehicles are more desirable then the Gallardo. As for the 04 Gallardo compared to the 05 F430, ok it's one model years difference, compare the 05 Gallardo to the 05 F430. You get my point.

The gearing difference and exhaust don't make all the 04-05 Gallardo's POS's, but for the small price difference, it's a no-brainer to move up to an 06.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Gasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the rough
Does the higher price of the Ferrari make it inherently better? Both are high end marques, but one has a much better marketing team.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Ferrari has been around forever. Lamborghini is fairly new.

I think you could compare it to the Chevy vs Ford guys.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:49 PM
norcal2 is infamous around these parts
"When the Gallardo came out, I really thought that this might be a car that held it's value close to that of a Ferrari. Great car, limited production, relatively good quality. Now I see what is happening to Gallardo values as the LP is introduced and it is seems like they will not hold even close to the value that the 360 or 430 has. Just curious as to others' thoughts on this."
Oh please do show me the actual statistics on price and value drop from what the out the door price was.....F car VS Lamborghini..I just looked at a no story 430 decent options for 170...there are more out there as well..

Old 07-29-2008, 02:16 PM
base model Gallardo's in 04 were 190 and now can be had for 130
Modena's can be had for 100k and retailed for $160k plus the markup (lets say $40k)

F430 list $187k vs $230k actual

Gallardo lost 60k in 5 years = $12k/year + 3.5k per year
Modena lost 100k in 10 years = $10k/year + 5k maintenance per year min

Anyone feel free to move my estimated number around.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why are Lambo values falling more than Ferraris'