Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

2005 Gallardo Pic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 07:05 PM
SKNKWRX has a spectacular aura aboutSKNKWRX has a spectacular aura aboutSKNKWRX has a spectacular aura about
Seems like for the same money your getting a several year older Ferrari. For about the same price as my 05 Gallardo I would be loooking at an 01-03 360 Modena. All my research indicates the maintanence will be significantly less on the Gallardo. Remember it has a TIMING CHAIN good for the life of the engine most likely, Ferrari has a belt that MUST BE CHANGED regularly. I admit there probly is a bit more mystique owning a Ferrari but the Lambo just crushes the Modena with visual presence, a big part of owning one of these apart from driving it. Im a die hard Audi/VW guy and the German engineering aspect also really sold me. I know some people comnplain that the interior pieces are out of an A4 and so on and while that might be a bit low quality for this car, but to me the radio and controls in the Modena look as though they were made by Fisher Price. I am sure whatever choice you make will be thrilling good luck making up your mind

Last edited by SKNKWRX; 03-03-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:18 PM
blackbeast99 is on a distinguished road
Very nice.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:21 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Thanks, you made some great points and seem's like alot of what you said has crossed my mind also. Another critical point is that the 360 is now starting to look a little dated, IMHO the Gallardo and Lambos in general, are ahead of their time in the looks dept, the sharp lines make it look futuristic and will still have a modern look to it years from now.
+1 on the Fisher Price comment.

The Gallardo is a spectacular vehicle and you guys should feel proud to own one! Enjoy them to the fullest.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
love the red interior on the G Looks amazing. Congrats

Old 03-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Semprini is a jewel in the roughSemprini is a jewel in the roughSemprini is a jewel in the roughSemprini is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SKNKWRX
Seems like for the same money your getting a several year older Ferrari. For about the same price as my 05 Gallardo I would be loooking at an 01-03 360 Modena. All my research indicates the maintanence will be significantly less on the Gallardo. Remember it has a TIMING CHAIN good for the life of the engine most likely, Ferrari has a belt that MUST BE CHANGED regularly. I admit there probly is a bit more mystique owning a Ferrari but the Lambo just crushes the Modena with visual presence, a big part of owning one of these apart from driving it. Im a die hard Audi/VW guy and the German engineering aspect also really sold me. I know some people comnplain that the interior pieces are out of an A4 and so on and while that might be a bit low quality for this car, but to me the radio and controls in the Modena look as though they were made by Fisher Price. I am sure whatever choice you make will be thrilling good luck making up your mind
Ive always been a huge Ferrari fan, but I too have crossed lines with the G. If you dont mind me asking, what did you get it for? Im hoping to get ahold of one while the prices are down. The interior setup looks great in my opinion. Also, Im not buying one expecting much out of the inside. Id take a gutted one for the right price

Old 03-03-2009, 07:44 PM
SKNKWRX has a spectacular aura aboutSKNKWRX has a spectacular aura aboutSKNKWRX has a spectacular aura about
I got my 05 with 4k miles in Janurary for less than I saw any 04s with 20k miles on it. However prices continue to drop I guess I could have waited a bit longer lol. I paid about 100k.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:06 PM
FrankBmw is on a distinguished road
have fun with it

Old 03-11-2009, 07:09 AM
RepoMan will become famous soon enough
Nice whip! Let's see some shots of the interior.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:49 PM
I'll get some up when it comes back from the paint shop, I got the interior pieces color matched and the rear valance and the engine bay panels.