Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

Macan information

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Marvinthealien is on a distinguished road
Macan information

While I don't post much, if at all I have been following the Macan for various bits of info and came across this. Seems real to me, but unfortunately a bit blurry...
http://jalopnik.com/the-porsche-maca...-52-1410719001
3.0 bi-turbo on the S
3.6 ? Bi-turbo on the Turbo.
And I think it says air suspension... But can't be certain.
Anyway, hope it provides some insight to those of you waiting...
Marvin

Old 09-26-2013, 05:48 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
wow - nice find!

Old 09-26-2013, 10:08 PM
jnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 997xpress
wow - nice find!
^^^^ +1

Old 09-27-2013, 08:38 AM
Snig is a jewel in the roughSnig is a jewel in the roughSnig is a jewel in the rough
Here is what I could make out from the leaked pic...

(Slide dated) Sep 2014
2013 LA Auto Show
May 2014 (Release Date?)

MSRP
<$52,000 (S)
<$75,000 (Turbo)

Technical:
-Macan S with 3.0L Bi-Turbo (keep in mind Panamera S 3.0L bi-turbo V6 is rated at 420hp)
-Macan Turbo with 3.6L Bi-Turbo

-Standard 7 Speed PDK, 19 inch wheels (S and Turbo), New Generation of Multifunction Steering Wheel, Piano Black Inlays
-Bi-Xenon, Electric Tailgate, dual electric seats, TFT, CDR+, available panoramic roof
-Available Air-Suspension (only vehicle available in its segment)
-All segment specific options + typical Porsche (read: Expensive) Options available

Last edited by Snig; 09-27-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:54 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Marvinthealien
While I don't post much, if at all I have been following the Macan for various bits of info and came across this. Seems real to me, but unfortunately a bit blurry...
http://jalopnik.com/the-porsche-maca...-52-1410719001
3.0 bi-turbo on the S
3.6 ? Bi-turbo on the Turbo.
And I think it says air suspension... But can't be certain.
Anyway, hope it provides some insight to those of you waiting...
Marvin
Originally Posted by Snig
Here is what I could make out from the leaked pic...

(Slide dated) Sep 2014
2013 LA Auto Show
May 2014 (Release Date?)

MSRP
<$52,000 (S)
<$75,000 (Turbo)

Technical:
-Macan S with 3.0L Bi-Turbo (keep in mind Panamera S 3.0L bi-turbo V6 is rated at 420hp)
-Macan Turbo with 3.6L Bi-Turbo

-Standard 7 Speed PDK, 19 inch wheels (S and Turbo), New Generation of Multifunction Steering Wheel, Piano Black Inlays
-Bi-Xenon, Electric Tailgate, dual electric seats, TFT, CDR+, available panoramic roof
-Available Air-Suspension (only vehicle available in its segment)
-All segment specific options + typical Porsche (read: Expensive) Options available

thanks! anxious to hear the formal announcement and see actual images of the Macan.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
PCNA wanted us to remove this thread...they apparently asked Champion to do the same as the link is now dead

Old 09-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Snig is a jewel in the roughSnig is a jewel in the roughSnig is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
PCNA wanted us to remove this thread...they apparently asked Champion to do the same as the link is now dead
Wow. So it's pretty much confirmed at this point.

The link is dead, but the pics are still hosted on Champion's site. I won't repost them here unless you give the okay (even though they're everywhere now!).

-Snig

Old 09-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
wow S gets the 3.0 Bi Turbo... now this is getting interesting!

Old 09-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Rolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the rough
Here is the link. Not what I wanted to hear since I have mine on order, but whatever I guess! http://jalopnik.com/the-porsche-macan-will-have-two-turbo-engines-cost-52-1410719001

Old 09-28-2013, 09:50 PM
dyim will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Crea
wow S gets the 3.0 Bi Turbo... now this is getting interesting!
And slightly confusing in the nomenclature.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Stock_Monster
Here is the link. Not what I wanted to hear since I have mine on order, but whatever I guess! http://jalopnik.com/the-porsche-macan-will-have-two-turbo-engines-cost-52-1410719001
How was your dealer handling deposits? I have never put a deposit down on a new model car before and wanted to learn about the process. Was your deposit refundable, and how much, if you don't mind me asking. Just for a sanity check when I end up in a dealer to throw down a deposit.

Thanks!

Old 09-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Rolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the rough
How was your dealer handling deposits? I have never put a deposit down on a new model car before and wanted to learn about the process. Was your deposit refundable, and how much, if you don't mind me asking. Just for a sanity check when I end up in a dealer to throw down a deposit.

Thanks!
Hi, I put down a $1000 REFUNDABLE deposit about 2 months ago. Iam #9 on the list, and I spec out the car in January, for late May, Early June delivery. Also, they want a $5000 deposit when I spec it in January. That is all the info I have for now. I have not made ANY contact w/ the dealer since I left my deposit, but I'am going to call him tomorrow. I'am more interested in the 4 cylinder and was hoping that would be available for me to order in January. Might have to make some changes if thats not happening.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Stock_Monster
Hi, I put down a $1000 REFUNDABLE deposit about 2 months ago. Iam #9 on the list, and I spec out the car in January, for late May, Early June delivery. Also, they want a $5000 deposit when I spec it in January. That is all the info I have for now. I have not made ANY contact w/ the dealer since I left my deposit, but I'am going to call him tomorrow. I'am more interested in the 4 cylinder and was hoping that would be available for me to order in January. Might have to make some changes if thats not happening.
Awesome! Thanks! What are the chances of discounts off of MSRP considering this is a new Porsche model?

Old 10-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Awesome! Thanks! What are the chances of discounts off of MSRP considering this is a new Porsche model?
I have no clue, but its Porsche, they mark up cars & options especially more than ANY other car company. That is why they are the most profitable car manufacturer in the world. They're options are insanely overpriced, but, people pay! Smart. Germans.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:17 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dyim
And slightly confusing in the nomenclature.
What would be even better, if the Turbo got the N/A V8. That, I would buy - regardless of cost...

But now that I think about it... I guess it happens a lot in the aftermarket - I mean, how many base 911's with Turbo badges on them?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Macan information