Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

Question on grandturismo mc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:44 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Question on grandturismo mc

I am shopping around for cars and am trying to learn everything about each car I am interested in buying for my next.

This list consists of used ferrari (599,430,612), porsche 911 turbo, aston martin vantage S, SRT GTS viper, and if I can't decide on any of those I'll probably play it safe and get a cayenne turbo or GTS (I know crazy thing to play it safe with).

So I know nothing about this brand or car besides the fact they use ferrari leather and ferrari engine. Can you guys give me some feedback on what it is like to own this car and perhaps what kind of deals you got from your dealers? Whether they were MSRP or discounted? Also how is the maintenance expensive of this car and the reliability? I know exotics can sometimes be fickle. Also is this a car that is comfortable enough to DD if I wanted to? And is it fun to put in the corners as well? (Though I don't know how effectively at over 4000 pounds)

Old 10-03-2013, 06:02 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
40 views and no one has info?

Old 10-03-2013, 02:21 PM
sc170 has a spectacular aura aboutsc170 has a spectacular aura about
I don't own an MC, but I did consider buying one last year.

Your questions:
1. MSRP 150K dealer willing to sell for 125k
2. General maintenance is required every 2 years. Oil changes are depend on mileage
3. Car is very comfortable for DD. Car has plenty of space for 4 adults and has a useable trunk.
4. You won't win any races in this car, but the Ferrari built V8 can still move.

This is one of favorite cars. The looks and sounds of this car are amazing! I went with a Ferrari because I wanted a true sports car. If I needed the back seats, I would have bought the MC.

Good Luck with your search!!

Old 10-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by sc170
I don't own an MC, but I did consider buying one last year.

Your questions:
1. MSRP 150K dealer willing to sell for 125k
2. General maintenance is required every 2 years. Oil changes are depend on mileage
3. Car is very comfortable for DD. Car has plenty of space for 4 adults and has a useable trunk.
4. You won't win any races in this car, but the Ferrari built V8 can still move.

This is one of favorite cars. The looks and sounds of this car are amazing! I went with a Ferrari because I wanted a true sports car. If I needed the back seats, I would have bought the MC.

Good Luck with your search!!
Well I am worried about warranty with the ferrari. Can you get an extended warranty after the factory warranty has run out already? I was seeing the maserati has a cheap ferrari essentially since it is the same interior and engine.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Most companies do not allow aftermarket warranties once the factory warranty expires. The companies that do, charge a higher premium plus have a several month wait period again any claims. I used a company called EasyCare for my M5 several years back, check them out.

Your decision should not be based on a warranty. When you are spending this kind of $$$ you better love it and love it for a long time! At least that is what my wife tells me. LOL!

Go with the MC ... if you like the sound, looks, feel and a lot of attention. Otherwise stick with Porsche. You won't lose either way!!

Old 10-04-2013, 06:51 AM
Most companies do not allow aftermarket warranties once the factory warranty expires. The companies that do, charge a higher premium plus have a several month wait period again any claims. I used a company called EasyCare for my M5 several years back, check them out.

Your decision should not be based on a warranty. When you are spending this kind of $$$ you better love it and love it for a long time! At least that is what my wife tells me. LOL!

Go with the MC ... if you like the sound, looks, feel and a lot of attention. Otherwise stick with Porsche. You won't lose either way!!

Well for a ferrari I base it on warranty because if say the engine or transmission breaks all the sudden. I really don't want to pay thousands upon thousands to replace them. Otherwise then I am better off getting the maserati or porsche or aston or whatever other new car I can get. I think I'd prefer the experience of the aston or maserati over the porsche though. I drove the aston and porsche and even though the porsche is faster I like the aston better. I haven't driven a maserati yet.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Also is a maserati the type of car that if I put 30k miles on it and sell it, will then be impossible for me to sell unless I give the car away practically? I want a car that I don't have to kill myself worrying about the miles for my next one.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Maserati resale value is terrible! ... But so are most exotics with high miles.

If you plan to put a lot of miles on the car, I would consider buying a low mile used car and save a little extra each month for unexpected issues if you need to. There is no way to win financially with any of these cars. Buy them to enjoy it!!

Old 10-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Maserati resale value is terrible! ... But so are most exotics with high miles.

If you plan to put a lot of miles on the car, I would consider buying a low mile used car and save a little extra each month for unexpected issues if you need to. There is no way to win financially with any of these cars. Buy them to enjoy it!!
Yea it seems I can't escape it with anything. Except maybe porsche. I guess I have to see which I like more. Between the mc and the vantage s. Is the leather in the MC the exact same leather as in the california,458, etc???

Old 10-31-2013, 01:53 AM
Allen121 is on a distinguished road
I'm selling my Aston Martin V8 Vantage, if you're interested.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:03 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Allen121
I'm selling my Aston Martin V8 Vantage, if you're interested.
how much?

Old 12-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Allen121 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rohnin
how much?
$65K. I'll PM you the details.