Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Weekend Projects....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Weekend Projects....

OK so since it was only about 110 today I finsihed half of what I set out to do...

First project was install Euro Comand.

I used some installation insturctions found on this board...

First Removed ash tray.

Then lift up on the front of the wood panel around gear lever, once that is out you can see two hex screws that hold the CD changer in place.

Remove changer & unplug wire connectors.

After CD changer is out you will see two more size 20 Hex screws, unscrew these until they stop turning, they will not fall out. Once those are loose the Head unit will slide right out. Unplug the two connectors and remove.

Re-install everything back and your good to go..

I also had the code that enabled the in motion viewing. This worked like a charm. The picture is great!! and the sound is even better!!

Ok next project was Renntech Steering Wheel.

To remove the steering wheel you will need a size 30 Hex head, I have one that has a socked end which was needed because you have a short area to work with.

Once you remove the two screws, one on each side, the airbag becomes loose and removable. At this time is when you should disconnect the battery. There are two connectors orange & green with little tabs that lift off, to remove the connectors.

To remove the wheel you will need a large allan, preferablly one with a socked end so you can torque it down correctly. Be sure you have the wheel in a perfect straight position so when you put the new one on its centered correctly. I then removed the shifter buttons on the back of the stock wheel, along with the silver bracked you see above. This is what the shifter wires plug into, as well as the buttons on the airbag for the stereo and computer.

sorry its blurry, but you can see how thick the Renntech wheel is.

And here is the before and after..

Old 07-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Very impressive, nice work. Now when do we hire you out and make some loot!!!!

J.Wade

Old 07-24-2006, 03:32 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice Kevin,, youre the DIY master

Old 07-24-2006, 03:40 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Kev is the MOD KING!

Old 07-24-2006, 01:48 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Nice mods,

Old 07-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys!

Old 07-24-2006, 03:05 PM
AeroTT is on a distinguished road
Very cool!

Old 07-24-2006, 03:29 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Well done...that new one is simply better!

Old 07-24-2006, 03:31 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
the renntech steering wheel looks so much better IMO

Old 07-25-2006, 02:19 PM
JWGT2 will become famous soon enoughJWGT2 will become famous soon enough
Kevin:
what does the Euro Command do? I appears you can play movies in motion?
my father has a cl55, is this adaptable to his ride?

thanks.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Modaholic
Originally Posted by JWGT2
Kevin:
what does the Euro Command do? I appears you can play movies in motion?
my father has a cl55, is this adaptable to his ride?

thanks.
Hey James,

Yes you can watch DVD's on the NAV screen, I'm not sure about the CL55,
I believe there is some sort of filter on there can be removed. Check out mbworld.org the CL board will have some more info.

Are you going to make it to Concorso next month?