suspended license help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:24 AM
%%amg is on a distinguished road
suspended license help

The dmv said I needed to take a driving clinic course. I forgot to, so i guessed my license got suspended. Then I got a ticket for driving with suspended license. I didnt know how serious this is until I looked it up. Possible 6 months jail time and $1k fine. what should I do? get a lawyer or take the one they give u? i really dont want to go to jail. what if i take the course now and get my license back before court will that void the ticket?

Old 04-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
you better get some very good legal counsel quick...a public defender will not keep you out of jail...I'm sure there are some good traffic attorneys in your area and you need to find out who they are...going to the course now will not do you any good..it will not void the ticket and driving while suspended could get you a permanent suspension...good luck...driving is a priveledge that none of us who love cars should take for granted

Old 04-02-2009, 12:17 PM
%%amg is on a distinguished road
thanks. anyone knows a good lawyers. I got the ticket in manassas, so I think its going to be prince william county court.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Old 04-02-2009, 12:24 PM
sandan03 is on a distinguished road
This would get you in trouble anywhere. But in Virginia, you could be in a world of hurt. You definitely need to get a very good attorney who knows his/her way around these kinds of cases...not your brother's friend's cousin who does divorces and who will help you out cheap.

This is going to cost you WAY more than whatever the original fine might have been....or more than the $1000 fine at which you're looking. But you don't want to lose that license, and you don't want to go to jail.

Best of luck.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:49 PM
djParis has a spectacular aura aboutdjParis has a spectacular aura about
The law offices of Yeager and Thelin P.C. 703-385-2880

Ask for Joe Thelin. Tell him Paris sent you.

If you have a job and a AMG you won't even qualify for a public defender.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:31 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Did you mean to post this yesterday - I gotta think you are putting us on; but...........(1) how the hell do you "forget" to take a driving course? (2) Are you homeless so you did not get the suspension notice? (3) If you'd already been directed to take a driving course you've already had some other hiccups so how did you get out of jail on the 'driving with suspended license' charge? (4) If you own anything worth driving you are not going to qualify for a PD.

You better take VSE Chuck's advice pronto (or kill this thread).

Old 04-02-2009, 01:43 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Call John Boneta bro....He's a FFX lawyer but also covers the surrounding areas/counties. He was a prosecutor, used to be a FFX County Cop and still trains the cadettes at the academy. G/L.......

also, go to trafficschoolonline.com.....