Mini Cooper Austin and Morris Mini talk, and the 2001-2006 Mini and Mini S, 2007 to present Mini and Mini S

My 06' JCW GP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 10:31 PM
azndrgnkid is on a distinguished road
My 06' JCW GP

Been a visitor on this site for about a year to date and purchased this car from a fellow member on here Aug 11'. Here is a pic.
Trying to add more, but somehow it's not letting me.

Last edited by azndrgnkid; 09-27-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:09 PM
J_newmoney is on a distinguished road
Nice car

Old 10-31-2012, 07:26 AM
Airborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to behold
Sweet- I dig the side skirts

Old 10-31-2012, 09:25 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
it is a great car. a friend of mine just bought a 2011 JCW. i need a test drive

Old 11-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by djantlive
it is a great car. a friend of mine just bought a 2011 JCW. i need a test drive
You should! It's a fun lil car - I call it a Go-Kart on steroids

Old 12-01-2012, 12:36 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
GP is awesome its on a different level than even a JCW. I sell Mini's and we have 3 of the new ones sold that are coming in next year. It is going to be an amazing car. GP is so much fun to drive and awesome track/auto X car. It is also a very rare car. Hold onto it for a long time its going to be a classic.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:41 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Did you buy my 06? From St Louis?

Picked up a 13..

[IMG][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/kkmoto/8673104839/]

Attached Images  
Old 04-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Yup! I'm the one that bought your 06'. Congrats on the new purchase. I'm guessing you missed the GP huh? How do you compare the 06 with the 13?

Originally Posted by KK Moto
Did you buy my 06? From St Louis?

Picked up a 13..

[IMG][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/kkmoto/8673104839/]

Old 04-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - BMW is a jewel in the roughECS Tuning - BMW is a jewel in the roughECS Tuning - BMW is a jewel in the roughECS Tuning - BMW is a jewel in the rough
Nice GP's

Definitely a small world.

How does the new 2013 GP compare to the 2006 GP in your own word? Most guys are saying the older GP felt more connected to the road.

We just brought in the GP Wash kits from 2006. Once they are gone , they are gone.

Last of the rare GP Wash kit !! These limited edition kits will not last long. With Summer right around the corner & the newer GP 2 arriving in people driveways, get ready for nice weather with a clean MINI.

Click HERE to order today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Attached Images    
Old 04-23-2013, 11:10 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by azndrgnkid
How do you compare the 06 with the 13?
Still very early to make too many comparisons. But here's a quickie:

Turbo engine is nice. Better? Can't really tell other than turbo boost seems more aggressive than the supercharger.

Brakes: Far superior in the new GP. I definitely felt they were the weakest link in the original GP. New ones are serious stoppers.

Seats: New GP

Interior fit & finish: Definitely new GP. This is very well done.

Headlights: New GP!!!

Wheels: Original GP. New ones are an ape of the old. Similar, older better.

Tires: New GP. Original Run Flats were a joke. These new ones (where you have a sign a disclaimer) are great.

Electronics: New GP

Handling: Not definitive but I'd give it to the new GP. The adjustable suspension just screams potential.

Panache: Old GP; let me explain in closing: Like many surprise hits (as I believe the original GP was) it was developed, likely, by a handful of folks using whatever parts they can get to create what was likely approved my some mid-level exec; surprise hit. So suddenly the senior execs say: "let's do it again".....but this time the accountants get involved, more development and something special is missing. Is the new GP less of a car? No, I prefer the new one, it's just different. Kind of like the original VW R32. It was a sleeper hit. I had one. Very special. Every subsequent one sucked worse than the previous and today the "Golf R" is a rather dismal joke, IMO.

Is it worth the $10,000 increase over the original GP MSRP? Probably not, but get accountants and senior execs involved in the revision and the sleeper magic could be amiss. Will it hold it's value well? Most likely.

So far the GP part deux appears to be a well-thought-out revision with slightly better parts all around. I would have expected more horsepower. But it still puts a smile on my face when I drive it. With the '06 I was thinking of getting a personalized plate that read something like "MNI GT3". Now that I have a GT3 too I will likely, finally do it. It really is a little bulldog.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - BMW is a jewel in the roughECS Tuning - BMW is a jewel in the roughECS Tuning - BMW is a jewel in the roughECS Tuning - BMW is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the review. And Congrats on the new MINI GP 2 and enjoy it!

Seems like what I have heard from other new GP 2 owners who had one in 2006.

The older style GP 2006 wheels, I like them because they are 18" and at the time a very pinnacle wheel style for MINI.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/36116774581/ES64972/

Thanks again.

Attached Images