Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Order the new Nissan GTR 2012

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 02:19 AM
Zoom is on a distinguished road
Order the new Nissan GTR 2012

Hi,

I would like to order the Nissan GTR 2012 and would like to have some information.

- When the first 2012 GTRs will hit the US?
- When dealerships will start taking orders?
- What would be the selling price?
- Would there be enough GTRs or there would be back order and first deliveries in many months later?

Thanks

Old 12-11-2010, 10:07 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Good questions and I too want to know. I herd that they will hit my area (so. cal.) in March. Cost around $95,000. Availability should be a non issue.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:21 PM
tphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by robertp
Good questions and I too want to know. I herd that they will hit my area (so. cal.) in March. Cost around $95,000. Availability should be a non issue.
How come the price hiked so high to 95k?

Old 12-12-2010, 08:33 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
The made several changes from the 2009/2011 models.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:08 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
the msrp is going to be $89,995 at will be available for sale in February

Old 12-15-2010, 06:39 PM
tphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by adamls2
the msrp is going to be $89,995 at will be available for sale in February
Wow this is ridiculous Nissan is hiking the price every year for this car by a lot...
When it first came out the MSRP was I think a tad under $70,000 which crushed anything in that price range by far. 20K more and it's getting disturbingly expensive. Why is this huge price hike? For 45 more hp and virtually no big differences in anything?

Old 12-15-2010, 06:58 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tphss
Wow this is ridiculous Nissan is hiking the price every year for this car by a lot...
When it first came out the MSRP was I think a tad under $70,000 which crushed anything in that price range by far. 20K more and it's getting disturbingly expensive. Why is this huge price hike? For 45 more hp and virtually no big differences in anything?
There were so many changes, they gave the new model a new chassis code.

The chassis is stiffer, brakes are bigger, suspension is better, cooling is better, electronics are better, engine is more powerful, etc... There are quite a few differences. It's enough to embarrass the previous GT-R's around a track (and it's smoother - supposedly - in comfort mode).

The premium model starts around $90k.

The Black edition (SpecV wheels, Recaro seats, and red trim interior) for about $96k.

I think there are two options - one for a backup camera and another for floormats or something.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:03 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zoom
Hi,

I would like to order the Nissan GTR 2012 and would like to have some information.

- When the first 2012 GTRs will hit the US?
- When dealerships will start taking orders?
- What would be the selling price?
- Would there be enough GTRs or there would be back order and first deliveries in many months later?

Thanks
-They may be here as early as March.
-According to an order that I've seen a few weeks ago, there is already an order in for a Black Edition.
-~$90k ($91k)
-I don't know.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:32 PM
I will take one for 96K.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:52 AM
Zoom is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by robertp
I will take one for 96K.
At that price I am not very confident with the purchase. Why not consider a 997.2 GT3 which can go for around 105k$ (2010 2-5k miles) and which is for me the ultimate track weapon? not to mention that aging of a porsche is not the same as a nissan.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:47 AM
At that price I am not very confident with the purchase. Why not consider a 997.2 GT3 which can go for around 105k$ (2010 2-5k miles) and which is for me the ultimate track weapon? not to mention that aging of a porsche is not the same as a nissan.
In my opinion - the choice between a GT3 and a GT-R is as unbalanced as the choice between a GT3 and 911Turbo.

Touring car vs track star.

Although, one will probably argue (including me) that the new GT-R will be faster on track than the GT3, it is probably going to be more comfortable (with all of the electronics and suspension) for the daily commute.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:23 AM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Your right! When the Porsche ages it loses about half its value in 3 or 4 years where as the GTR seems to still be bringing 90% of it original value 3 years later. Also you may think the GT3 is the ultimate track weapon but the new GTR stock to stock will probably stomp it according to all the information that is available about the new GTR at a much lower cost new to new than the GT3.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:21 AM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
In my opinion - the choice between a GT3 and a GT-R is as unbalanced as the choice between a GT3 and 911Turbo.

Touring car vs track star.

Although, one will probably argue (including me) that the new GT-R will be faster on track than the GT3, it is probably going to be more comfortable (with all of the electronics and suspension) for the daily commute.
Originally Posted by jamie furman
Your right! When the Porsche ages it loses about half its value in 3 or 4 years where as the GTR seems to still be bringing 90% of it original value 3 years later. Also you may think the GT3 is the ultimate track weapon but the new GTR stock to stock will probably stomp it according to all the information that is available about the new GTR at a much lower cost new to new than the GT3.
My thoughts exactly!

Last edited by rseven; 12-16-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:50 AM
iampoor will become famous soon enough
for the money, the GTR Black is by far the better choice in every categories, except looks.