Racing/Driving school

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Goldwings has a spectacular aura aboutGoldwings has a spectacular aura aboutGoldwings has a spectacular aura about
Racing/Driving school

Lately I have been looking into attending racing/driving school. When I transfer to Cal Poly, I pretty much have my heart set on doing some of the SAE International projects to add to my resume, along with driving them in the competition against other colleges. Does anyone have any recommendations for some around the bay area/northern or central California?

Old 06-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Old 06-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Goldwings has a spectacular aura aboutGoldwings has a spectacular aura aboutGoldwings has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, I saw them at Santana Row last night. The guys from Lotus sent me up to the Valencia to talk to them at the V- bar. They were a nice bunch and gave me some information, but honestly its too expensive for me. I was hoping to find another safe cheaper venue.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
do you have your own car?

Old 06-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
do you have your own car?
Yes, but its not manual.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:59 AM
Administrator
well, I'll tell you..you might think that skippy is expensive but by the time you get your car prepared and all the safety gear you need you will spend just as much and will still need plenty of good instruction...just save up and do the skippy thing..just don't destroy any of their cars or it will get expensive...since you are in norcal you might check the Russel school at Infineon...it might be less than skippy...

http://www.jimrussellusa.com/index.p...d=50&Itemid=56

Old 06-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
well, I'll tell you..you might think that skippy is expensive but by the time you get your car prepared and all the safety gear you need you will spend just as much and will still need plenty of good instruction...just save up and do the skippy thing..just don't destroy any of their cars or it will get expensive...since you are in norcal you might check the Russel school at Infineon...it might be less than skippy...

http://www.jimrussellusa.com/index.p...d=50&Itemid=56
Yeah that is true. Someone also suggested go-karts to me as a better way to get started. I think I will do that for awhile and just slowly save for either Skip or Russel when I get more advance.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:36 PM
mrwonder will become famous soon enough
Someone recommended this to me but I haven't tried it myself yet:

http://www.ncracing.org/events.php

Old 06-21-2009, 01:08 PM
eaglesbasketbal is on a distinguished road
OP, what school are you transferring from?

Old 06-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by eaglesbasketbal
OP, what school are you transferring from?
De Anza community college

Old 06-22-2009, 04:49 PM
eaglesbasketbal is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Goldwings
De Anza community college
Sick man I go to Foothill. Have finals this week.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by eaglesbasketbal
Sick man I go to Foothill. Have finals this week.
Same here, I only have two exams left. Can't wait for summer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.