Is this just me???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Sammy_G is on a distinguished road
Is this just me???

So I am kinda new to the sports car thing, I have the giant lifted trucks and the BMW or Audi here and there but I got a Cayman S about a month ago and have been in it mainly since I got it. Now I have been pulled over 4 times in a month... does this happen to any one else I feel like its a cop magnet???

1. ok i earned this one - speeding (deserved it)
2. tint was to dark (20% not much darker than legal, and have had 2 cars with 15)
3. no front plate
4. no front plate (I never had a plate on my BMW or Audi and was never pulled over)

I am a little peeved that I got pulled over again, my last to cars have had no front plate and were 15% tint.. not to mention RED and I never had an issue, but I hop in to my Cayman and I am SOL it seems. And I know I am young but it seems like they give me crap more than normal when they see me. The cop today wanted to search the car.. FOR WHAT I asked then he retracted. Is this normal??? It is really taking away from owning the car!!

Old 05-18-2008, 09:53 PM
willcoxmd will become famous soon enoughwillcoxmd will become famous soon enough
Hi Sammy,
I've live in Gig Harbor for nearly 5 years and must be lucky. I have the tint, no plate, etc and no pull-overs to date! I have a buddy who gets pulled over every time he drives his TT, but the cops hate him for some reason? Did you **** off the local popo?

Old 05-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Sucks. Lately I have been seeing a TON of cops out. I don't have a front plate and my car is red and I got stopped once for no plate but got let off because the cop said Elises are probably exempt haha.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:59 PM
No!! I kiss so much A#$ when I am pulled over its stupid hoping that I am the nice guy the see that day so they are gental. I know a few Oly. cops and troopers and even they dont know why I am in the bullseye.

Tonights was really dumb I was out on ruston at Katy Downs and pulled out toward the Ram and a cop waiting on the side of the road pulled out to follow me... of all the morons drinkin, speeding, and just being dumb he singles me out.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:28 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
i'm knocking on wood....i have 20% tint and no front plate as well, but i haven't been pulled over for it. although, i DO sport the LEM plates. =D i'll take all the help i can get! hehe!

btw...my hubby in his black 996 has the same set up...20% tint, no front plate...etc. but, we have those LEM plates. lol! PJ in the blue gt3 gave us the novel idea. i guess it's worked for him as well. =)

ps...try not to dress like a hoolum! hehe! j/k.... okay, it sounds like with your luck, you're probably wearing a nice suit and STILL get pulled over! hehe!

try wearing a long blonde wig? lip gloss...etc. seems to work for me! wink*

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 05-18-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:25 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
what color car is it?

I thought no front plate was only if you were pulled over for something else?

drive slower!

You have to be doing something to attract their attention. The only front plate ticket I've ever received was parked in front of FOS while ordering my car. I was pissed because everyone knows that a front plate affects the super beetles performance

Old 05-19-2008, 09:31 AM
... I though playing F*c* the police as I drove by with my diamond grill and sitting on the hood would just blend in???

I think I was just kinda pissed last night because I was in 15 MPH traffic on Ruston Way which is normaly a 25MPH speed limit. With all the other serious crimes like J-walking, loitering, oh yea and the people drinking and driving the cop went out of his way to come and get me for a front plate.. seems dumb

Old 05-19-2008, 11:48 AM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
Sammy,
Does the "G" stand for "Gangsta"? Just throwing it out as a question, given if your age is 22 as posted. They may think that you stole your daddy's car for a quick spin?

Old 05-19-2008, 12:00 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by D-UberCars
Sammy,
Does the "G" stand for "Gangsta"? Just throwing it out as a question, given if your age is 22 as posted. They may think that you stole your daddy's car for a quick spin?
Funny I've rolled thru GH with Gangsta's Paradise going since I was 16 and have never had the issue.

I still thought the front plate deal was only like the seatbelt thing only if you got pulled over for something else. but maybe I'm wrong

Old 05-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by D-UberCars
Sammy,
Heck yea I am "G"ed up from the feet up

yea right I am not gangster in the least bit. Im a corn fed white boy from the Texas. And I am really 22 and my registration is all in my name so I dont know what the deal was.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Funny I've rolled thru GH with Gangsta's Paradise going since I was 16 and have never had the issue.

I still thought the front plate deal was only like the seatbelt thing only if you got pulled over for something else. but maybe I'm wrong
the harbor cops have not given my any crap it been all in Tacoma.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have a V1 It'll pick up most cops as long as they have their radar in so at least you can pull over and fake the plate or turn off so they dont see it

Old 05-19-2008, 01:27 PM
I think I am going to order one, I found one for 850 for the unit.. good price???

Old 05-19-2008, 02:07 PM
i paid 320. Something like that

Last edited by Eliseguy; 05-19-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by Sammy_G
Heck yea I am "G"ed up from the feet up

yea right I am not gangster in the least bit. Im a corn fed white boy from the Texas. And I am really 22 and my registration is all in my name so I dont know what the deal was.
I have to say it... "only two things come out of texas.... hahaha"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.