Seaside oregon /canon beach road trip?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 06:50 AM
xpikenz is infamous around these parts
Seaside oregon /canon beach road trip?

as i was reading about the UnF*$kwithables Road Trip and seeing that most of you guy on here is not able to make it due the driving distance being so far and requiring to many days off from work! i thought maybe a road trip down to seaside oregon or cannon beach would be fun and also not to far of a drive... if we can make it from point A to point B with 1 tank of gas then its not that bad of a drive right?!

i know im still a young newb on this site and still not actually knowing most of you guys yet but i just thought i would throw this out there to see if anyone else would be interested in doin this.. no dates yet! but if anyone on here has a good date for a quick trip like this, feel free to put it out there... im sure everyone on here is looking for something on the weekends so it doesnt interfere with the work schedules.

i hope to get some input and feedbacks on this thread! thanks in advance and hopefully we can put together a fun cruise/trip for everyone!

-ken

Last edited by xpikenz; 06-25-2008 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:28 AM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by xpikenz
as i was reading about the UnF*$kwithables Road Trip and seeing that most of you guy on here is not able to make it due the driving distance being so far and requiring to many days off from work! i thought maybe a road trip down to seaside oregon or cannon beach would be fun and also not to far of a drive... if we can make it from point A to point B with 1 tank of gas then its not that bad of a drive right?!

i know im still a young newb on this site and still not actually knowing most of you guys yet but i just thought i would throw this out there to see if anyone else would be interested in doin this.. no dates yet! but if anyone on here has a good date for a quick trip like this, feel free to put it out there... im sure everyone on here is looking for something on the weekends so it doesnt interfere with the work schedules.

i hope to get some input and feedbacks on this thread! thanks in advance and hopefully we can put together a fun cruise/trip for everyone!

-ken
Are you looking to do a trip in just one day, or do an overnight trip on a weekend? Seattle - Seaside - Seattle is a pretty ambitious day trip and would require extensive freeway travel.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
If we could make a weekend out of it, and stay in Seaside, this would be a lot of fun. Let me know when, and I'm probably in.

John

Old 06-27-2008, 01:00 PM
im all ears on what works best for all 6speeders.. but making it a weekend thing would be fun.. maybe head out bright and early sat morning til late sunday night kinda deal..

Old 06-27-2008, 03:32 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by xpikenz
im all ears on what works best for all 6speeders.. but making it a weekend thing would be fun.. maybe head out bright and early sat morning til late sunday night kinda deal..
I'll work on a route after I get back from California.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:13 PM
sounds great.. thanks for the support! and have a safe trip down to california.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:42 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
I'll work on a route after I get back from California.
Larry, when you headed to California! Vacation? Are you meeting us tomorrow? I'll buy you a cup of java (someday you'll let me) My husband is going to come too - he wants to see all the cool cars - you'd get along good with him.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:45 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
greta,
are you doing the leavenworth drive? that's tomorrow, right? i can't make that one =(

Old 06-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Dug this out of the archives. Provides some nice twisties. As I recall it would be about a 6 hour drive down to Seaside and about the same for the return. That includes gas and food stops. So you could leave Seattle around 10am.
SEASIDE WEEKEND TOUR
Day 1
From Southcenter merge onto I-5 South
Take Exit 77 (SR – 6) toward Raymond/Pe Ell
L onto BOISTFORT RD. Becomes Wildwood Rd.
R onto Argren Rd. (SR – 411) after passing through Vader
Continue to follow SR – 411 (Westside Hwy.)
R onto Nevada Dr.
L onto Virginia Way
L onto Glenwood Dr.
R onto Ocean Beach Hwy (SR – 4)
L onto SR – 401 toward Naselle
L onto US – 101 (Cross bridge into Oregon)
Merge onto West Marine Dr.
L to continue on West Marine Dr (becomes Olney Ave.)
R cross waterway (Logan Rd.)
Follow Logan Rd. to Seaside
L onto Wahanna Rd.
R onto Broadway St.
Day 2
Turn South onto US – 101/SR – 26
L onto SR – 53
R onto US – 26
Exit onto SR – 103 toward Jewell
R onto SR – 202 (at Jewell) Nehalem Hwy
L onto SR – 47 toward Clatskanie
L onto US – 30 East toward Portland
Exit to Longview onto SR – 433 Cross bridge into Washington becomes Oregon Way
R onto Tennant Way (SR- 432)
Merge onto I-5 North

Old 06-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by gretapass
Larry, when you headed to California! Vacation? Are you meeting us tomorrow? I'll buy you a cup of java (someday you'll let me) My husband is going to come too - he wants to see all the cool cars - you'd get along good with him.
Remember I'm not a coffee drinker, and I'm to old to start now. Going south on early Sunday to Laguna Seca for a 2 day Skip Barber school in 911s'. Gotta get tuned up for our soiree in Birmingham this November.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:23 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Oh Larry, you are still just a young lad. Lots of time to learn to drink How about I get you some of Starbucks Liquor! It is scrumdillyiscous!

Old 06-27-2008, 10:35 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gretapass
scrumdillyiscous!
scrumdillyiscous??!?!?

First "bumbphuque" and now "scrumdillyiscous." You guys are TOO much.