New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 12:47 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ILLTech Auto
In my opinion talking about this here is not going to help sanitize an Exotic car meet. There will still be a grey area with cars that some consider exotic and rare. I'm all for an exclusive event where selective car owners can get together, but where do you draw the line? If someone acts up, we ask them to leave. If a guy parks his S2000 next to your Lambo, make sure he doesn't ding your door.

Maybe making it a 6speedonline registered user event might be the way to go. Maybe add a dress code...it works in Vegas!
DRESS CODE! That really excludes me. I'm retired. I don't need to wear no fancy freakin' clothes to go anywhere.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:49 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Yup, I do come with my H2 and my dog but I wouldn't dream of taking up a space where more worthy show cars arrive that day. We want this to be an event where people are willing to get up early and drive to come and see these cars so before you get all uptight you've got to ask yourself if your car is really a reason for someone to get up early and trek across town to come and see your car. At C&C because they never defined it, anything with wheels shows up and it's ruined the event. EVERYONE claims their car is just as show worthy because it's the "Only Honda in that color built on a Tuesday in that year...now with a wing..." This ISN'T that show because that show will die either because attendees were disappointed, or because it became a free-for-all. If we didn't try and set guidelines from the start then the same complainer who do nothing to help would be complaining that we didn't do enough to set guidelines in the first place.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Apple Sauce will become famous soon enough
In the infamous words of Rodney King
"Can't we just all get along?"

And sing along a little kumbaya

Old 02-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Apple Sauce
In the infamous words of Rodney King
"Can't we just all get along?"

And sing along a little kumbaya
I agree. If this continues, I will be forced to call up Jack Bauer. We ALL know how he rolls

Old 02-09-2009, 01:19 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TommyJames
Yup, I do come with my H2 and my dog but I wouldn't dream of taking up a space where more worthy show cars arrive that day. We want this to be an event where people are willing to get up early and drive to come and see these cars so before you get all uptight you've got to ask yourself if your car is really a reason for someone to get up early and trek across town to come and see your car. At C&C because they never defined it, anything with wheels shows up and it's ruined the event. EVERYONE claims their car is just as show worthy because it's the "Only Honda in that color built on a Tuesday in that year...now with a wing..." This ISN'T that show because that show will die either because attendees were disappointed, or because it became a free-for-all. If we didn't try and set guidelines from the start then the same complainer who do nothing to help would be complaining that we didn't do enough to set guidelines in the first place.
I think most of us agree with your position, but so far the guidelines that have been set are kind of sketchie. My thinking is, if you set a limit of only a very few rare cars, who do you intend to show them to? A few casual shoppers who happen by?

Old 02-09-2009, 01:21 PM
mjf
mjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
Lots of wisdom to behad from the all powerful red x
Grrr. It worked for me! Here's the wisdom again...

I'll attach again just in case.

Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2009, 02:11 PM
B.E.R.U.A.N.G is on a distinguished road
Is it okay if I just come and take a look around? I dont have any exotic car (yet )

I got C63, and I dont mind park some where else too, I just curious about cars and ofcourse the person behind the wheel

Old 02-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Apple Sauce will become famous soon enough
Hi
Yes, of course you are welcomed to come!!!

Old 02-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Apple Sauce
Hi
Yes, of course you are welcomed to come!!!
i'll just drive my S550 and park over at Fred Meyer and walk all the way to RTC

Old 02-09-2009, 02:27 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
Theres a rumor that says the best hug come from behind.
I was just thinking that this thread was missing a little "PJS" humor, but no need, we have Eliseguy to step it up!

Old 02-09-2009, 02:34 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
I have been to EoM a few times. Each time has been a nice time and the people have been great. No I don't drive an exotic, but Tommy, Kuzi and a number of others have been very willing to show me their cars, open the hood so I can take a pic and so on. I think having this in a larger venue is a good idea. I don't show my car, I drive it. So if I have to park in the lot next door and walk over to an area where I get to see and hear cars I otherwise would only read about then so be it. This is a large lot, who cares if your car is on one side of the cones or not? The great thing is to share our enthusasim for cars as a whole.

Tommy and Vic are going out of their way to let us all know there is a cool new thing to check out on Saturday mornings. I don't get bent when I hear Paul's wife is cooking dinner and I don't get an invite, why should I be bent if my car can't be on one side of the cones or not.

Paul, I hear your wifes meals are incredible...hint hint =)

Just my .03 cents (inflation)

Old 02-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Banned
ILLTech Auto is a name known to allILLTech Auto is a name known to allILLTech Auto is a name known to allILLTech Auto is a name known to allILLTech Auto is a name known to allILLTech Auto is a name known to all
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
DRESS CODE! That really excludes me. I'm retired. I don't need to wear no fancy freakin' clothes to go anywhere.
Ha! I might show up in my one piece pajamas! It's early enough right?

Old 02-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
I think a way to look at this is that the organizers are trying to set this up for long term success and maximizing impact. I think we can all respect that. Of course there is grey area about what "impact" is and if it is "exotic."

In terms of a suggestion, Tommy et al, I'd say we put up some signs. maybe a section devoted to certain types. We'll generally know what cars are coming and we can have a section(s) set up for those types.

Everyone else can come and bring their cars. If the organizer has a spot for them, they get waved in to the section, if not, they park outside the section. If someone needed to be assured of a spot, they could reach out to the organizer ahead of time. Most of us, wouldn't need that.

Thoughts?

I offer to help with the events. Be that manual labor, planning, whatever.

Last edited by Bleu Omdurman; 02-09-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:44 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bleu Omdurman
I got to page 4 of this drama and could take much more.

I think a way to look at this is that the organizers (while I admit Tommy could have softened his word choice) are trying to set this up for long term success and maximizing impact. I think we can all respect that.

In terms of a suggestion, Tommy et al, I'd say we put up some signs. maybe a section devoted to certain types. We'll generally know what cars are coming and we can have a section(s) set up for those types.

Everyone else can come and bring their cars. If the organizer has a spot for them they get waved in to the section, if not, they park out side the section.

Thoughts?
I like that idea.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with what Trevor suggests. That or list of the makes and models you want to be there as to eliminate any confusion.

I have learned from this thread that calling someone's car unexotic is along the lines of calling someone's baby ugly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: New!!--Exotics At Redmond Town Center