Chuckanut Cruise for Northwest Harvest - May 2, 2009

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 01:40 PM
ABTsportsline is on a distinguished road
Chuckanut Cruise for Northwest Harvest - May 2, 2009

MOVED TO SATURDAY, MAY 2ND!

hey everyone, just thought i'd share... not trying to spam, this is for a good cause and is a group of local european car enthusiasts coming together for a beautiful drive. it's euro-only all european makes are welcome. Hope to see some of you out there, let me know if you have any questions!

Where: Cruise to Bellingham from Lynnwood via Chuckanut Drive
When: Saturday, May 2nd, 2009 at 10:00 am
Why: To enjoy a cruise with fellow European car enthusiasts and to support Northwest Harvest.
Who: All European car enthusiasts

This is the first annual Chuckanut Cruise benefitting Northwest Harvest. If you’ve never made this drive before, it is absolutely fantastic. Forests and trees on one side of the road, and the ocean on the other side. It’s a very scenic drive with amazing photo opportunities.

Where to meet:
Lynnwood Park & Ride
164th St SW & Ash Way, Lynnwood, WA

Map:

We will be meeting at this park and ride because it is convenient for people coming from either 405 or I5. We will have people available to help guide vehicles to the appropriate section of the Park & Ride, this is the same meeting spot as the Tuesday Lynnwood GTG. :thumbup:

**Please make sure you have a full tank of gas and that you have used the restroom when you arrive at the Park & Ride, the group will not be making any stops until we get to Bellingham!**

When:
We will be meeting at 10am at the Park and Ride and will be leaving promptly at 10:30am. This will give people some time to hang out, chit chat, ogle other people’s cars, and hit the road.

Donations:
We will be taking donations for Northwest Harvest as a part of this cruise, every vehicle in attendance should bring 4 cans of food to donate to Northwest Harvest.
Northwest Harvest is a local non-profit organization that collects food and provides it for free to local food banks and meal programs throughout the state.

Pm for more info:

Suggested donation items:
General food items:
Oatmeal
Whole grain pastas
Brown rice
Tomato products
Canned peas
Canned pears and peaches, especially with low sugar (but not artificial sweeteners)
Canned tuna
Canned chicken and turkey
Shelf-stable milk
Beef stew, chili and similar meals with low sugar and saturated fats
Infant and baby foods:
Baby formula
Canned milk
Infant cereal
Jars of baby food
Powdered or canned milk
We also accept baby diapers

Route from the Lynnwood Park & Ride to Bellingham, leaving at 10:30am:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.154495&z=13
There are no planned group stops along the way, there are very few stopping points once you get off I5 and on to Chuckanut Drive.
12:30 - 1:00pm: Arrive in downtown Bellingham via N. Forest St.
Hopefully some of the pack leaders with photography skills can shoot pictures as people drive into Bellingham along the main drag. At this point in the day, people will break up for lunch wherever they would like in Bellingham.
3:00pm: Everyone will meet at Larrabee State Park which is on your way back down south via Chuckanut.

Address:
245 Chuckanut Drive
Bellingham, WA 98229

Map:
http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/maps/L...zoom%20map.pdf
Once we arrive at Larrabee Park we will have the opportunity to take pictures, hang out, and enjoy the awesome PNW European car enthusiast community! At this point in the day, people can hang out as long as they want and depart when they wish. Many of us will be taking the drive back via Chuckanut Drive as well.
The route that we currently have planned is 80 miles each way from Lynnwood to Bellingham.

Now that all of the fun informational stuff has been addressed, the serious stuff needs to be discussed.

**SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY!!!**
This is without a doubt our #1 concern.
We all will be driving as a group, and as a group, we all represent the European car enthusiast community. No one is to do any burn-outs, illegal lane changes, or passing on the shoulder. Everyone needs to keep their speed under control and make sure that they are not following cars in front of them too closely, whether they are with our group or not. SAFETY is paramount; do not drive like an idiot!
Please make sure that you are allowing other vehicles that are not part of our cruise to merge onto the highway. You don’t need to worry about being separated from the rest of the group. It is extremely unsafe to do this and we are not in a race to get to our destination, it’s called a cruise for a reason. Drive respectfully, safely, and courteously to everyone around you.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-06-2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: updated the new date for event
Old 03-20-2009, 04:55 PM
deafboy has a spectacular aura aboutdeafboy has a spectacular aura aboutdeafboy has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like fun. But I'll be in CA for Bimmerfest that weekend.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by deafboy
Sounds like fun. But I'll be in CA for Bimmerfest that weekend.
oh man, is bimmerfest that weekend?

doh! we tried pretty hard to make sure we didn't have any conflicts or overlaps in several of the communities, but there were bound to be some. thanks for the heads up though sir!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:18 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
I have always wanted to take that drive - sounds like fun and for a great cause. I hope to make this one.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:19 PM
HidetheKeys is just really niceHidetheKeys is just really niceHidetheKeys is just really niceHidetheKeys is just really niceHidetheKeys is just really nice
omg, I would so join y'all... but I'm not going to drive 4hrs...to drive

Old 03-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by gretapass
I have always wanted to take that drive - sounds like fun and for a great cause. I hope to make this one.
awesome, hope to see you there!

Originally Posted by HidetheKeys
omg, I would so join y'all... but I'm not going to drive 4hrs...to drive
i wouldn't expect you to, but i appreciate your support! we actually have some car enthusiast friends down in P-town that will be making the trek up, but we are personal friends so the trip is more than just for the cruise. We might be doing an Ocean Shores cruise in the near future though.

Everyone else - feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:30 PM
we've had some questions as far as food once up in Bellingham area. we're lucky in that one of our fellow auto enthusiasts in Bellingham runs a restaurant and is willing to accomodate our entire lot.

The Weblocker Restaurant, known for some pretty huge burgers. Looking forward to trying it myself, hope to see some of you guys out there!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:41 PM
** Moved to Saturday, May 2nd **

This conflicted with Cruise for the Cure's cruise on May 3rd. Seeing as how that was for charity as well, we decided to move this cruise up a day to Saturday instead of the Sunday.

For anyone that was planning on attending, please make the change in your calendars. Hopefully a moderator can change the subject line for me to reflect the correct date.

thank you everyone.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Man. I'm triple booked for that day. Wish I could make it.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:17 PM
reminder bump for everyone. it's this weekend! (i'm excited).

looks like we'll have no rain & some sun too, so good news
hope to see you guys come out

Old 04-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Procera is on a distinguished road
Just drove that this past Saturday to Fairhaven. Great town, perfect weather and there was an outdoor festival going on too!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:36 AM
flyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to behold
I'm in...