Need recommendation for trip to Bend, OR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 04:17 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Hahaha... Mark if you wanted a Deschutes shirt all you had to do was ask. I have a ton of beer wearables.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:07 PM
AttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Route Preference I don't really have. Over Mt Hood Hwy 26 is a nice drive that ends with basically a straight desert run into town. Fastest by far. I've done both Hwy 20 and Hwy 22 into Bend. Really the Hwy 20 is very Windy even better if taken all the way from Newport on the Oregon Coast but it truly isn't a fantastic drivers road. I wouldn't tell you to head down just for that road. Hwy 22 I believe follows a nice river up to a pretty cool damn. I think its the road in Oregon most like North Cascades Hwy 20 in Washington. It could be very slow driving depending on the time. You then roll through Sisters and Black Butte on the way into Bend. So scenic pass Mt Hood. River Valley Hwy 22.

Bring us all T-shirts from Deschuttes ( I wear a Large ) and try 3 glasses of Cask Obsidian Stout.....You'll be drunk for a few days

I'm in the Harbor as well so I can get my t-shirt very easily

Is there going to be a cars and coffee in gig harbor for july? I'll hit you up with your shirt at the next cars and coffee! Thanks for the route info!

Old 06-23-2009, 11:32 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AttorneyMike
Is there going to be a cars and coffee in gig harbor for july? I'll hit you up with your shirt at the next cars and coffee! Thanks for the route info!
yes there will be...I just don't know the date yet. I've got to post something.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Mike, I did a route very similar to this one last weekend. Google maps tells me it is about 5:30 hours from Gig harbor to Bend, OR. This route (link below) is simple and adds about 2 hours to the drive but it is worth it in my opinion. Even if it rains here on the west side of the mountains, you are likely to find dry roads for most of your trip once you cross the pass.

I ate a a local burger joint in Yakima called Miner's drive-in. You can (and most do) sit down in the restraunt it is not like a sonic. Decent burgers, super nice people.

410 is the most scenic road on the route and I think it is really a good road. Top 10 in Washington. 97 is nice but but better than the freeway and just as fast. Both roads are tempting enough to have cops on them from time to time so a radar detector is recommended.

If someone special is going with you, there are some nice places along the 410 to have a picnic along the river. And some great spots to get a shot of your car with a scenic backdrop. Be sure to fill up in Enumclaw as the services get pretty light as you head east from there toward crystal mountain.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...3,7.042236&z=7

Again, this looks like about a 7:45 route from GH.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:40 PM
AttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Bleu Omdurman
Mike, I did a route very similar to this one last weekend. Google maps tells me it is about 5:30 hours from Gig harbor to Bend, OR. This route (link below) is simple and adds about 2 hours to the drive but it is worth it in my opinion. Even if it rains here on the west side of the mountains, you are likely to find dry roads for most of your trip once you cross the pass.

I ate a a local burger joint in Yakima called Miner's drive-in. You can (and most do) sit down in the restraunt it is not like a sonic. Decent burgers, super nice people.

410 is the most scenic road on the route and I think it is really a good road. Top 10 in Washington. 97 is nice but but better than the freeway and just as fast. Both roads are tempting enough to have cops on them from time to time so a radar detector is recommended.

If someone special is going with you, there are some nice places along the 410 to have a picnic along the river. And some great spots to get a shot of your car with a scenic backdrop. Be sure to fill up in Enumclaw as the services get pretty light as you head east from there toward crystal mountain.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...3,7.042236&z=7

Again, this looks like about a 7:45 route from GH.

Awesome! Thanks for the route!

Old 06-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Have fun.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Red Bogey
Recommend Sun River resort. Suncadia was modeled after this place. There's golf, pool's,biking, hiking,fishing etc. Great food & drink's at the lodge itself. There's a village there with various shop's and restuarants. Definetly try the ice cream soda place there.
The Ice cream place is called Goodies

I lived in Sunriver with my parents when I was in 5th grade, back in 1990. Awful place for kids to live, but a great place to vacation.

Bend in a really cool town! I went on a little road trip up there last year with my dad and one of my brothers. Really cool little shops and brewerys. It has come a long way since 1990.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm heading down there for the 4th of July weekend, doing a little bike trip.

This is one place we will be going, nice martini bar
http://www.bendistillery.com/locations.html