2012 US Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 04:03 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
Bernie said that "austin had a pen but not the will to use it".. oh what an extortionist.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:03 AM
996TTFred is on a distinguished road
Received my select seating waitlist invitation last night, so I think the event is moving forward. $100.00, refundable, to get on the waitlist.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Snooze is on a distinguished road
Confused/Dont know

I am beginning to get concerned about what the Select Seating Waitlist is. The simple words, Select and Seating are easy to read in a literal way, but when I read the FAQ's I become concerned about the purpose of the wait list and what exactly a Personal Seat License is. Most notably the cost of one, $1,000-$5,000 dollars.Taking a step back, I see the description includes luxury seating... great sight lines...parking, etc. This is what I am interested in, not a Seat License (entitles the owner to purchase tickets... for the next 15 years).Please clarify if anyone can.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Pressman is on a distinguished road
Seat " License?"

My best guess is that this is a 'front of the ticket line' privilege.
In Seattle, this was done several years ago when the Seahawks season tickets went on sale... Basically, it's a fee to get first crack at series tickets that you still must pay for after buying the seat license....If you're going to attend several events at the track, then it makes sense if you have money to burn. If I'm headed there just for F1, no way am I even considering this...

Old 01-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
It looks like we won't make it down regardless of ticket prices this year. We're planning a Caribbean cruise around that time. I also think I'd like to see how the first year of the USGP turns out before committing to going.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Pressman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down From the newest ticket sales email...

How much will a Personal Seat License cost? Does that include the ticket price?

Personal seat licenses will range in price from $1,000 to $5,000 per seat depending on proximity to the start/finish line and amenities, payable, if desired, in two installments. This does not include the ticket price. Ticket prices will be addressed based on individuals’ preferences as we contact those that have signed up for the waitlist.

What is a Personal Seat License?

A personal seat licenses provides the individual purchaser with ownership of a specific seat within the track for the next 15 years. PSL holders have the guarantee of knowing their seat location for each and every race at the track, and all PSL seats will be located at high impact portions that allow for the best views of each race. All of our PSL seats will have some of the most luxurious benefits and amenities attached to them that have been developed with providing the customer the best race day experience possible in mind.

Personal seat licenses have become common in professional sports in the past two decades. Other companies or facilities that offer PSL’s include the Houston Texans, Churchill Downs and Dallas Cowboys Stadium. In motorsports specifically, PSLs are offered at Texas Motor Speedway and Kentucky Speedway.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Snooze is on a distinguished road
Has anyone heard of information about parking recreational vehicles (RVs) onsite at the track?