Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

Range Rover Supercharged?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Jtlacrozmaster will become famous soon enoughJtlacrozmaster will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Range Rover Supercharged?

Hey guys,

My dad currently has a 2006 S500. He likes the car quite a bit, however, living in New England we have to live in the snow. The car is RWD and is pretty problematic when the snow hits. So today we just went to go look around at cars. I've had an obsession with the new range rover ever since it came out in 2003, so I took him to land rover.

They have a black 2006 Full size supercharged rover that I fell in love with. It's black with light tan interior, TV's in the headrest, I LOOOVE it. And the best part is, my dad loves it too.

I'm looking for a little bit of advice on the truck. We negotiated them down to 63.5k, its a 2006 with 9k miles. I know these things depreciate fast, is this a good deal? Also, I know some of the rovers are problematic and unreliable (I love the truck so much I dont really care!) but is there anything I should lookout for?

I tried searching but couldn't come up with much. So please anything you all have to offer would be very helpful! Thanks!

Old 12-31-2007, 04:18 PM
IIVVX will become famous soon enoughIIVVX will become famous soon enough
personally, i would get a G wagen. my buddies RR was the worst car i have ever encountered. constant air suspension failure among other things. it was lemoned.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:24 PM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
Lol I'm not sure if I'd get a G based on reliability but it still is The SUV.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by ashokn225
Lol I'm not sure if I'd get a G based on reliability but it still is The SUV.
why do you say that? i haven't heard any reliability issues?

Old 12-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Jtlacrozmaster will become famous soon enoughJtlacrozmaster will become famous soon enough
lol I know everyone on here loves the G-class, but it just doesn't excite me nearly as much as the rover

Old 12-31-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jtlacrozmaster
lol I know everyone on here loves the G-class, but it just doesn't excite me nearly as much as the rover
yes, it's quite exciting being towed to the dealer. really spices up your life. your friends will love the constant calls for a ride too.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Eh I dunno about that, I have a couple friends with RR sports and 1 with a fullsize, all haven't had any serious issues and seem to be reliable

Old 12-31-2007, 04:43 PM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by IIVVX
why do you say that? i haven't heard any reliability issues?
I've heard it's full of electrical issues. My "knowledge" is just book based not experience based though, so I may be wrong.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:47 PM
GossettPorsche is on a distinguished road
From what I've experienced, it's really hit or miss. I've had clients that have had zero problems, and I've had clients that have had nothing but. they drive nice though. very comfortable, and the interior is pretty nice on the fullsize ones. also, that seems like a pretty solid deal. not a steal -- but a solid deal.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:39 PM
all kidding aside, just get one that will remain under warranty while you own it if you really want one. the full size one does have a nice interior, the sport's interior pretty much sucks.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:55 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
I've had 3 fullsize, and a current Sport SC. Never had a problem with any of them. As with any new luxury, MB, BMW, Land Rover etc., just dont own them out of warranty. There's too much electronics in cars these days. They'll all have expensive problems down the road.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:51 PM
riozilla is on a distinguished road
I owned a full size RR 2006 for over a year and loved it, I had zero problems. Enjoy.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:07 AM
4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future
Go for it, hottest 4x4 period.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:08 AM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Have had our 04 HSE since new... 60k on it now, no problems.

Joe

Old 01-01-2008, 01:22 PM
SLC4S is on a distinguished road
good to hear that some people don't have problems with them... it seems that all I ever hear is problems but its rarely from the actual person that owns them. I'd like to hear from more RR owners that have had problems...

my uncle had a RR sport supercharged for about a year and it was perfect. He actually got in a horrible accident in it and walked away pretty much unscathed. they said the curtain airbag on the side probably saved his life

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Range Rover Supercharged?