Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

Range Rover Supercharged?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 08:58 AM
hugo will become famous soon enoughhugo will become famous soon enough
I am on the 6th (buy them a pair at a time) RR SC after previously owning 5(!) G 55's.
There's nothing to touch it for on/off road use,comfort and features and wait for it,yes,quality and realiability,never a problem(apart from windscreen being a bit weak and cracks easier than other cars, on account of the heating wires in it)
Performance is quite good for a suv and depreciation is minor(at least in Europe)
Can't wait for the new version FL to appear.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Banned
vk430gt is on a distinguished road
The last one we had was a 2007 car, and the lease was up on that, we kept it in california. We liked it alot, but we had about 4 range rovers in the past 5 years. and I dont think we are ever going to get our 5th any time soon. LOTS of problems with our 2007 SC full sized RR. No Joke, real story, the day we picked it up, we drove about 400 feet and the engine warning light came on, turns out that since the car was sitting in customs for a long time there was condensation that builded up in the cats and they needed to be replaced even at 40 miles!!!! That car only had about 5000 miles on it when we turned it in last month, and it was in service about 6-8 times (not counting routine maitnence)

Old 09-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Kingdom is on a distinguished road
i have a range rover sport for 2 years..... no problems at all .. just the suspension likes to play around a lot but not a major problem.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vk430gt
The last one we had was a 2007 car, and the lease was up on that, we kept it in california. We liked it alot, but we had about 4 range rovers in the past 5 years. and I dont think we are ever going to get our 5th any time soon. LOTS of problems with our 2007 SC full sized RR. No Joke, real story, the day we picked it up, we drove about 400 feet and the engine warning light came on, turns out that since the car was sitting in customs for a long time there was condensation that builded up in the cats and they needed to be replaced even at 40 miles!!!! That car only had about 5000 miles on it when we turned it in last month, and it was in service about 6-8 times (not counting routine maitnence)
Another made up story about Daddys faux cars?

Back on topic. I think the Cayenne Turbo is garbage compared to the full size RR Supercharged. A few have problems, but most don't. The car is just superior in every sense as an SUV and luxury truck compared to the Cayenne. If you're looking for power then get a Cayenne. Even though it's fast, it's still an SUV, and will not replace a sports car or sedan. The RR is at least very capable and has decent grunt. 0-60 is about 7 seconds on the RR S/C - which in the early 2000's was only capable by some of the fastest SUV's on the planet then (Ml55, Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7, etc).

Last edited by Mr.PS; 09-26-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:14 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
wow.. i have never seen so many mixed reviews for a car before

Old 09-28-2008, 06:30 PM
BuckheadPorsche is on a distinguished road
I've had a RR FS Supercharged for over two years now, with the only problem being a coolant issue (radiator). I did sell my original SC when I had a strong offer and replaced it with another with 10k less miles for $15,000 less. They continually drop in price like a rock.

I bought another one a few weeks ago to sell...very nice car with rear seat entertainment - Silver/Black with 57k for $33k. I know it was out of warranty, but it was a nice, serviced up SC with a +90k sticker. It's insane how quickly they depreciate.

We have 2 SC and 2 HSE's in my family. They have their issues, but in my experience, much less than the G500's and G55's I have owned.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BuckheadPorsche
I've had a RR FS Supercharged for over two years now, with the only problem being a coolant issue (radiator). I did sell my original SC when I had a strong offer and replaced it with another with 10k less miles for $15,000 less. They continually drop in price like a rock.

I bought another one a few weeks ago to sell...very nice car with rear seat entertainment - Silver/Black with 57k for $33k. I know it was out of warranty, but it was a nice, serviced up SC with a +90k sticker. It's insane how quickly they depreciate.

We have 2 SC and 2 HSE's in my family. They have their issues, but in my experience, much less than the G500's and G55's I have owned.
You bought a full size Range Rover Supercharged for $33k? How many miles did it have? I take it that it was a 2006...

Old 09-30-2008, 06:53 AM
BuckheadPorsche is on a distinguished road
2006 Full Size Supercharged with 57k (w/ RSE) for $33,000. I thought it was a great deal....actually just sold it.

Range Rovers are getting insanely cheap. I purchased an '04 HSE with 70k for $16k last week. Again, high miles (but with full service records). It just seems like a ton of car for the money. Buy a great ext. warranty and enjoy.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:26 PM
j.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of light
i have a sport supercharged, its a love hate relationship. I love how it looks, hate how it performs. have a few issues with it here and there but it has gotten me out of some sticky situations so i cant really complain too much. I really enjoy going mudding in it. I mean no one expects a kid to take that car mudding but its a blast. I kinda wish i got a different SUV though but w.e.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:19 AM
pod
pod is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by j.a.cadet
i have a sport supercharged, its a love hate relationship. I love how it looks, hate how it performs. have a few issues with it here and there but it has gotten me out of some sticky situations so i cant really complain too much. I really enjoy going mudding in it. I mean no one expects a kid to take that car mudding but its a blast. I kinda wish i got a different SUV though but w.e.
kinda with you, love the looks (think its the best looking SUV) . but I have this feeling all the time to trade it. but once I get in it I love it again.

the RRS has the jag engine in it which has been around a long time. the land rover got a bad name from the disco, but that's done with now

Old 10-20-2008, 08:38 PM
roadking will become famous soon enough
I just bought a used 07 SC and so far, so good. The interior is nice, the vehicle is quiet and runs strong. They do take a beating in resale so buy used and under warranty.

Old 11-27-2008, 05:55 PM
NavyLTJG will become famous soon enough
thinking of buying a 08 RRS SC. I seen a few good deals here and there, but the question always looms over my head. Is it really reliable?