Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retrofit of Panamera Turbo Rear Spoiler on Panamera or Panamera S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 08:04 AM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Please send me a list of what I need to source myself. I have a 2015 Panamera 4S. Thanks!

Old 06-17-2018, 09:07 AM
lesliew is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LGARCIA
Please send me a list of what I need to source myself. I have a 2015 Panamera 4S. Thanks!

The part number for the 2014 thru 2016 Spoiler is :

Turbo Spoiler P/N:970-512-201-12-041

Relays : 7M0 951 253 C - *** (You need 2 of these one to trigger extend the other for retract)
Cable Harness Connector : 7M0 937 632

It is also useful to run some cable from the connector at the end of the spoiler down to your fuse/relay box. I'll try to take some photo's and post here of the best path for your cable run. Certainly not easy to find a good path due to all of the insulation in the C-pillar but it should give you a head start.

Another tip is to ensure that your spoiler is in the up position before you attempt to take it out. It can be removed and installed in the closed position however its 10 times easier to do if it's open. Less risk of scratching you rear glass and paintwork.

Last edited by lesliew; 06-18-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:44 PM
Emerging Sponsor
atwong1 will become famous soon enough
Leslie,

Please give them the relay plate and the two relays part numbers too.

Originally Posted by lesliew
The part number for the 2014 thru 2016 Spoiler is :

Turbo Spoiler P/N:970-512-201-12-041

It is also useful to run some cable from the connector at the end of the spoiler down to your fuse/relay box. I'll try to take some photo's and post here of the best path for your cable run. Certainly not easy to find a good path due to all of the insulation in the C-pillar but it should give you a head start.

Another tip is to ensure that your spoiler is in the up position before you attempt to take it out. It can be removed and installed in the closed position however its 10 times easier to do if it's open. Less risk of scratching you rear glass and paintwork.

Old 07-14-2018, 10:27 AM
V6GEJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by drviperdds
Wow Atwong, you're god sent, I've been looking to do this for few years..lol
Originally Posted by lesliew
Some really useful instructions here for removing the rear spoiler.

http://www.insanegarage.com/diy-how-...sche-panamera/
failed at the first hurdle, removing tailgate trim! 😂😂 I have a turbo and one of the struts has broken that extend the side pieces, so I thought I would take out the spoiler to see if I could fix it, great instructions for removing the spoiler but struggling to get trim panel off tailgate, anybody seen a link for this or could give me some guidance?
thanks

Old 07-16-2018, 08:20 AM
Emerging Sponsor
Originally Posted by V6GEJ

failed at the first hurdle, removing tailgate trim! ���� I have a turbo and one of the struts has broken that extend the side pieces, so I thought I would take out the spoiler to see if I could fix it, great instructions for removing the spoiler but struggling to get trim panel off tailgate, anybody seen a link for this or could give me some guidance?
thanks
There may be better ones, but I stayed with this cheap set.

https://www.harborfreight.com/5-piec...set-67021.html

Old 07-19-2018, 11:14 PM
Paul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting but I wouldn’t bother. The best aftermarket spoilers are better on the non turbo spoiler, and the turbo spoiler looks dumb with anything aftermarket

Old 08-02-2018, 02:08 AM
Carlosboca is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 2011 Panamera 4 can this work for my car

I have 2011 Porsche Panamera 4 can this work for my car and how much thanks
Originally Posted by atwong1
I have all the part numbers needed. I am extremely busy (Leslie may understand now that he has seen me). It may take me some time to get back to you, but once you are on my schedule, the time is yours.There are a few parts (mostly pins) that do not have part numbers. You will only get them from me because they are sold in bulk. Outside of those, I will need your car year and exact model and I can give you the part numbers needed after a re-research because I did not write anything down when I did mine, and Leslie bought his own stuff mostly.
Need to get mine done

Last edited by Carlosboca; 08-02-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:17 AM
Getting it done

I’m trying to get contact with you atwong1 to get this done thanks
I have bought the Turbo Spoiler P/N:970-512-201-12-041. I have install it today, without the turbo wiring yet. I have redone the calibration via PIWIS 2 and it's working like a regular spoiler now. There is one more connector with four more pins, and also PINS 4 and 5 on the Turbo Spoiler are populated. Apparently pins 4 and 5 will carry current because they are thick. This means pins 1 to 4 of the new connector are for signalling. I am gathering relays from eBay. It should be fully operational very soon.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:00 PM
Can u do mine
Finished. I have lots of pictures to share. This is harder than the Adaptive Cruise Control project by a factor of 3. I broke it down into 3 nights of work. Night 1 was inside the liftgate. Night 2 was behind the battery. Night 3 was programming. about 5 hours each. I have some clean up to do where I will be using the factory relay plate so it's not easy to tell it was an add on. This project should not be a one man project unless you are very crazy about cars. I will have all details soon.

For those who just want it done, I am willing to do it for $2738.00 with a brand new genuine Porsche spoiler: $700 install plus $100 programming, $1938 for the spoiler. If you prefer used spoiler, I can support you, but I don't really want to deal with it due to potentially missing/broken parts.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:25 PM
Getting one

@atwong1 I have a 2011 Panamera 4 how I go about getting u to do mine thanks

Old 09-03-2018, 11:18 PM
Emerging Sponsor
Originally Posted by Carlosboca
@atwong1 I have a 2011 Panamera 4 how I go about getting u to do mine thanks
Please plan a weekend trip to Atlanta. Let me know which weekends are good and let me pick one. I apologize but I have an extremely busy schedule even on most weekends doing many other stuff. Let's work together and get it done.

Old 09-06-2018, 02:49 AM
Sinceday1 is an unknown quantity at this point
971?

Would love to know of this can be done on 971...

Old 09-11-2018, 11:31 PM
Emerging Sponsor
Originally Posted by Sinceday1
Would love to know of this can be done on 971...
Yes, it can.

Old 09-11-2018, 11:58 PM
Sinceday1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I asked the guy you contacted and seems to charge way too much. Do you think it's the same mechanism in order to do it on the 971? I guess i'll have to figure out the part number for the spoiler....

Last edited by Sinceday1; 09-12-2018 at 12:11 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:17 PM
Emerging Sponsor
Originally Posted by Sinceday1
Yeah I asked the guy you contacted and seems to charge way too much. Do you think it's the same mechanism in order to do it on the 971? I guess i'll have to figure out the part number for the spoiler....
Logically, I think it will cost more because:
1. PIWIS III is required to do the programming. PIWIS III is easily a high dollar investment for those who have a 2017 or newer. I have a PIWIS II and I won't buy one until I upgrade my 970 unless at least five 971's need me to program them.
2. Turbo spoiler part may be more expensive. I don't have PET right this moment to look it up.
3. The spoiler needs to be painted to match your body color.

Last edited by atwong1; 09-12-2018 at 12:23 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Retrofit of Panamera Turbo Rear Spoiler on Panamera or Panamera S?