Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retrofit of Panamera Turbo Rear Spoiler on Panamera or Panamera S?

Old 04-03-2019, 06:52 AM
Emerging Sponsor
atwong1 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RDR142
love the variable positions at speed. is that programmable on GTS with factory 3 piece spoiler
Nothing that was programmed cannot be re-programmed. Only functions that never existed before cannot be programmed.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:49 AM
RDR142 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by atwong1
Nothing that was programmed cannot be re-programmed. Only functions that never existed before cannot be programmed.
so are you aware if those functions are available on factory 3-piece spoiler or is that something additional you added/ordered on the spoiler installed on your car?

Old 04-03-2019, 10:03 AM
Emerging Sponsor
so are you aware if those functions are available on factory 3-piece spoiler or is that something additional you added/ordered on the spoiler installed on your car?
For GTS and Turbo, your factory 3-piece spoiler are factory programmed to deploy at 90km/h for position A and 205km/h for position B/Sport Plus mode. There is no intermediate between A and B. I can change that to have three different positons by simply programming.via PIWIS, and at any speeds and angles (positions A, B and anything in between) you choose, (disclaimer: only for experimental purposes,) and of course I will have to restrict your choice to what makes sense to me. I can walk any verifiable current Senior Level Porsche Certified mechanic thru how to program it with PIWIS for free, but I will not do this for any independent shops due to danger of using without understanding unsupported parameters and values that may brick your car. This procedure is very simple and risk free for Porsche Engineers, but extremely high risky if performed by unofficially trained Porsche mechanic. FYI, I am just a humble engineer, I am not officially trained Porsche mechanic, but I am death reincarnated with scars.

Please refer to http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...13/Manual-mode for official terms.

Last edited by atwong1; 04-03-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:35 PM
Paul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond repute
I just want position B all the time! All the way UP

Old 04-04-2019, 05:06 PM
Emerging Sponsor
You mean at speed 0km/h, and at position B, never retracting? Yes, that I can do it. I need remote control (like TeamViewer or similar) of a PIWIS 2 or 3 with full E mode access connected to your car and I need a Porsche senior mechanic who can read German or a Porsche Engineer on site. If car goes into coma, I need that person be able to revive it so I can resume. It is very simple (to me at least), but tedious. I am going to do it on my car tonight just to prove it can be done.

Old 04-07-2019, 06:01 AM
For GTS and Turbo, your factory 3-piece spoiler are factory programmed to deploy at 90km/h for position A and 205km/h for position B/Sport Plus mode. There is no intermediate between A and B. I can change that to have three different positons by simply programming.via PIWIS, and at any speeds and angles (positions A, B and anything in between) you choose, (disclaimer: only for experimental purposes,) and of course I will have to restrict your choice to what makes sense to me. I can walk any verifiable current Senior Level Porsche Certified mechanic thru how to program it with PIWIS for free, but I will not do this for any independent shops due to danger of using without understanding unsupported parameters and values that may brick your car. This procedure is very simple and risk free for Porsche Engineers, but extremely high risky if performed by unofficially trained Porsche mechanic. FYI, I am just a humble engineer, I am not officially trained Porsche mechanic, but I am death reincarnated with scars.

Please refer to http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...13/Manual-mode for official terms.
Thanks for the info atwong1. i'm not terribly far from Atlanta. if i make a road trip down there for some reason, i'll look you up and see about making some adjustments to settings.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:57 AM
Emerging Sponsor
Thanks for the info atwong1. i'm not terribly far from Atlanta. if i make a road trip down there for some reason, i'll look you up and see about making some adjustments to settings.
You are welcome anytime. I am open 24/7 for emergencies, but I do appreciate if you can let me know way ahead of time due to my crazy schedules that fills up fast. By the way, do you have rear power sun shades in your Panamera?

Old 04-16-2019, 06:37 AM
You are welcome anytime. I am open 24/7 for emergencies, but I do appreciate if you can let me know way ahead of time due to my crazy schedules that fills up fast. By the way, do you have rear power sun shades in your Panamera?
i have rear power sunshades on the rear door windows but not on the hatch. button to activate is on door with window switches, dead button on center console

Old 04-17-2019, 08:06 AM
Emerging Sponsor
i have rear power sunshades on the rear door windows but not on the hatch. button to activate is on door with window switches, dead button on center console
What means dead button? It doesn't work? When did it stop working? Can you show me a picture?

Old 04-17-2019, 03:19 PM

What means dead button? It doesn't work? When did it stop working? Can you show me a picture?
just a blank spot where button for rear sunshade would be

Old 04-17-2019, 08:22 PM
Emerging Sponsor
just a blank spot where button for rear sunshade would be
Now I get it. You never had the rear sunshade. I did not know you can order it like that. I do know you can program it like that because I saw it as separate. I also saw that the rear side windows can have non-electric shades. I have never seen it non-electric though. I guess the non-electric option was cancelled at the time it reached production. I did checked out my friends' BMWs and found out that all of theirs are non-electric. I was shocked. I have always seen Porsches that have them and they are all electric. I do not have sun shades at all, but that will be changed in 7 days or less.

Last edited by atwong1; 04-18-2019 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:04 PM
Zoran Vasic is an unknown quantity at this point
Please send contact of this shop

Originally Posted by wnshie
Just in case anybody think I am the shop, let me clarify this, I ain't! I don't get a dime from this shop for posting this mod... I wouldn't mind if the shop would cut me in a bit *hehehe*

Nonetheless, I'm more than happy to share this information, please feel free to PM me, I'll send you the means to contact the shop
Hi wnshine, can you please send me the contact of this shop?

Old 06-20-2019, 02:05 AM
Emerging Sponsor
I have full electric sunshades on rear door windows and trunk. It's not really blocking all the light. I think in the description, it's only blocking UV due to the material. I think it's more of a cool factor that blocking light. I think my tint is more effective in blocking light. But the cool thing is the rear liftgate shade rolls down when you are reversing, and rolls back up when you go forward above 10MPH.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:25 PM
Mooreman6 is on a distinguished road
2015 Pano GTS with 21" Rotiform Fucs; really high quality rims

Old 07-09-2019, 12:07 AM
Emerging Sponsor
I will be adding articles about every mod that I have done over there. I will also create support documents so everybody who wants to do those things can do them in the near future.

Last edited by atwong1; 07-10-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Retrofit of Panamera Turbo Rear Spoiler on Panamera or Panamera S?