Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retrofit of Panamera Turbo Rear Spoiler on Panamera or Panamera S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 09:39 PM
dlss23 is on a distinguished road
I just realised my post has reached certain amount, and I am now able to send pm.

I already sent you a pm with my phone number. Please check.

Have you ever think of changing to the sport bumper? with the turbo spoiler, your car will looks like a GTS

Hopefully I can install the turbo spoiler on my car soon, and I am planning to paint my caliper to yellow or red. If I had the turbo spoiler, I would seriously consider to paint the spoiler to Platinum silver to match with my car.

Originally Posted by wnshie
Guys! diss23! Good news!

The mechanic I go to has worked with an engineer for two days, they have successfully modified the Turbo spoiler to retrofit on Panamera, 4, S and 4S! Currently a prototype is installed on my Panamera 4S right now, it's already a "plug and play" version! (yep, no reprogramming required)

I am already so happy using the current prototype, the extraction and retraction already worked fine on both the Manual mode and Automatic mode A (95km/h), but quite frankly, to tryout the Automatic mode B (200km/h) I've yet to go to the freeway in China for a spin, but I'm pretty sure it'll work fine.

They are currently studying whether they can further improve the modification, I'll keep you guys posted

Old 11-11-2012, 09:41 PM
wnshie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dlss23
Brother this is a very good news!

I would like to see you and your car in person very much.
Do you have whatsapp? Can you pm me your cell phone number? I cannot send out pm.

I am regularly going out myself on Sunday morning. Would be a great time to meet and chat

Btw, are you an expatriate or from local?
Wow! I had to look up the word "expatriate"! ... No, I'm a local Hongky, only that I spent a big part of my life in Melbourne, Australia. You? Expatriate?

My Panna? The inside of the trunk is currently left uncovered to make it easier for my mechanic to take the Spoiler back out for fine tuning later, so it's all metal frames and wires underneath, kinda ugly if you look thru the rear windscreen

Where you live? Island side, the Kowloon side, or NT side? I'm on Kowloon side, my mechanic is in To Kwa Wan area near one of my offices... if you are interested to see my panna, perhaps you can come over some time?

Sure, check PM later for my cell

Sunday Morning Drive, Night Drive... if these are what you meant, I think it's too touchy to talk about these days, the local authorities are hot on pursuits with those words on the net recently, especially the Formula Races in Macau is just around the corner...

Old 12-08-2012, 12:19 PM
mas8002mi will become famous soon enough
bump! for any more info....

Old 12-09-2012, 11:02 AM
kasimmmmm is on a distinguished road
Chances are slim but easiest way would be to find someone parting out a gts or turbo and buying the full hatch - plug and play.

Last edited by kasimmmmm; 12-09-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:51 PM
dlss23 is on a distinguished road
our member wnshie has installed the turbo spoiler on his car and it's working fine. I saw his car's video, let's wait for him to give us more details. As far as I know, it is just plug and play.

I am going to the same shop to install the turbo spoiler on my car, but it will take time to get done

Old 12-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Hi guys! I'm finally back! With good news!

First, just a reminder of the result of the retrofitting of the Turbo/GTS Spoiler on a Panamera 4 by the guys in China:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzEwNzkxOTk2.html
After studying the way they did it (and tried it; it's found to be a low tech modification), there are some problems that cannot be avoided:

(1) both extending and raising, or retracting and lowering, motions happens at the same time, the extending motion might end up scratching the sides of the trunk, and the behaviors of the spoiler definitely don't look turbo'ish
(2) when the vehicle speed falls from above the speed of around 200 km/h on Sport/Standard mode but still above 95 km/h, the spoiler would lower from its highest position to the standard position, when this happens the gull wings would unavoidably retract! (which is definitely wrong already!)... half way! (Ouch!)... and stuck there! (THAT definitely makes a scene) until the spoiler lowers itself all the way down back into its bay! (That would be below 85 km/h... and too late to hide!)
(3) when the vehicle speed is at above the speed of around 95 m/h on Sport Plus mode, when you at that time switch from Sport Plus mode to Sport/Standard mode, the spoiler would lower from its highest position to the standard position, when this happens the gull wings would also behave like what happens in (2) above

So for the Panamera built with Sport Plus mode or would once in a while have a good run on the race course, you had better not use such low tech retrofitting method, and this is also why they have to install the turbo spoiler at their shop (to hide it, because it's too easy to do it once you know how they do it)

Now, after so many trials and errors, with the help of an electronic engineer, the shop finally solved all those problems and got me the long awaited "plug and play" turbo spoiler for all Panamera/4/S/4S! I'm soooo happy!

Last edited by wnshie; 12-14-2012 at 06:11 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:14 PM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
So how to get a hold of this "plug and play" turbo spoiler shipped to US??

Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 PM
ricky1329 is on a distinguished road
simply sweet!...

Old 12-12-2012, 10:01 PM
kasimmmmm is on a distinguished road
I'd be interested in a plug and play turbo wing too! Please fo share how we can go about purchasing it

Old 12-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Just in case anybody think I am the shop, let me clarify this, I ain't! I don't get a dime from this shop for posting this mod... I wouldn't mind if the shop would cut me in a bit *hehehe*

Nonetheless, I'm more than happy to share this information, please feel free to PM me, I'll send you the means to contact the shop

Old 12-13-2012, 09:12 PM
C-MAN67 is a jewel in the roughC-MAN67 is a jewel in the roughC-MAN67 is a jewel in the rough
I must get this. I hope it doesn't cost a fortune!

Old 12-13-2012, 09:18 PM
C-MAN67 is a jewel in the roughC-MAN67 is a jewel in the roughC-MAN67 is a jewel in the rough
I am trying to PM WNSHIE but I can't. Can you PM me the info?

Old 12-13-2012, 09:21 PM
ricky1329 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by C-MAN67
I am trying to PM WNSHIE but I can't. Can you PM me the info?
Should post 5 more or above thus your PM function will work fine

Old 12-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Thanks

Old 12-13-2012, 09:46 PM
mas8002mi will become famous soon enough
that looks good!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Retrofit of Panamera Turbo Rear Spoiler on Panamera or Panamera S?