Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retrofit of Panamera Turbo Rear Spoiler on Panamera or Panamera S?

Old 03-26-2013, 08:24 PM
ricky1329 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wnshie
Link doesn't work, security settings issue
I edit that Album open to public and hope will work fine for all.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:35 PM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
So wnshie you basically found out they just did like a simple rewiring and tapped a wire into the 12V remote wire that moves the base of the wing up to make it all move at once... BUT it MAY cause issues? I do not have sport plus and do not plan on tracking the car. I know the turbo also adjusts the pitch at high speeds so I'm assuming thats the issue u speak of where it gets stuck half way? The wing is $1,700.00USD here in the Washington DC area and it is in stock so there is no wait to get it. I'm planning on picking up a turbo wing next week.
Hi guys! I'm finally back! With good news!

First, just a reminder of the result of the retrofitting of the Turbo/GTS Spoiler on a Panamera 4 by the guys in China:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzEwNzkxOTk2.html

After studying the way they did it (and tried it; it's found to be a low tech modification), there are some problems that cannot be avoided:

(1) both extending and raising, or retracting and lowering, motions happens at the same time, the extending motion might end up scratching the sides of the trunk, and the behaviors of the spoiler definitely don't look turbo'ish
(2) when the vehicle speed falls from above the speed of around 200 km/h on Sport/Standard mode but still above 95 km/h, the spoiler would lower from its highest position to the standard position, when this happens the gull wings would unavoidably retract! (which is definitely wrong already!)... half way! (Ouch!)... and stuck there! (THAT definitely makes a scene) until the spoiler lowers itself all the way down back into its bay! (That would be below 85 km/h... and too late to hide!)
(3) when the vehicle speed is at above the speed of around 95 m/h on Sport Plus mode, when you at that time switch from Sport Plus mode to Sport/Standard mode, the spoiler would lower from its highest position to the standard position, when this happens the gull wings would also behave like what happens in (2) above

So for the Panamera built with Sport Plus mode or would once in a while have a good run on the race course, you had better not use such low tech retrofitting method, and this is also why they have to install the turbo spoiler at their shop (to hide it, because it's too easy to do it once you know how they do it)

Now, after so many trials and errors, with the help of an electronic engineer, the shop finally solved all those problems and got me the long awaited "plug and play" turbo spoiler for all Panamera/4/S/4S! I'm soooo happy!
http://youtu.be/Mj3P_ZFTxyw

Attached Images  
Old 04-02-2013, 12:35 PM
wnshie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by porsched4ed
So wnshie you basically found out they just did like a simple rewiring and tapped a wire into the 12V remote wire that moves the base of the wing up to make it all move at once... BUT it MAY cause issues? I do not have sport plus and do not plan on tracking the car. I know the turbo also adjusts the pitch at high speeds so I'm assuming thats the issue u speak of where it gets stuck half way? The wing is $1,700.00USD here in the Washington DC area and it is in stock so there is no wait to get it. I'm planning on picking up a turbo wing next week.
yes, porsched4ed, I'm afraid so, when extracting the gull wings simultaneously as the spoiler is raised (thru simple short wiring the circuits) the scratching to the sides of the bay by the gull wings are, almost, unavoidable. Yet, since your panny do not have sport plus, nor you will ever track the car, it is worth a try in your case if you ask me.

Also, mind PM me where u get it from? A friend of mine is interested and the local parts dealer is damn slow

Last edited by wnshie; 04-02-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by ricky1329
I edit that Album open to public and hope will work fine for all.
working now

Old 04-05-2013, 03:04 AM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
yes, porsched4ed, I'm afraid so, when extracting the gull wings simultaneously as the spoiler is raised (thru simple short wiring the circuits) the scratching to the sides of the bay by the gull wings are, almost, unavoidable. Yet, since your panny do not have sport plus, nor you will ever track the car, it is worth a try in your case if you ask me.

Also, mind PM me where u get it from? A friend of mine is interested and the local parts dealer is damn slow
That's a simple fix by adding a diode and timer, I actually figured it had it already in the circuit because it opens a few seconds later so they just added it to the stock wing. When your shop rewired it they eliminated the diode that's running parallel with that so that's why it opened all at once. Looks like I will be doing another article on this soon guys

Old 04-05-2013, 05:37 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by porsched4ed
That's a simple fix by adding a diode and timer, I actually figured it had it already in the circuit because it opens a few seconds later so they just added it to the stock wing. When your shop rewired it they eliminated the diode that's running parallel with that so that's why it opened all at once. Looks like I will be doing another article on this soon guys
that sounded like the 1st failed version I had on my Panny from the shop, they took it off later and got me the current flawless version; it might work for the Panameras without Sport Plus, good luck with that

Old 05-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Mizter Rk is on a distinguished road
Guys! diss23! Good news!

The mechanic I go to has worked with an engineer for two days, they have successfully modified the Turbo spoiler to retrofit on Panamera, 4, S and 4S! Currently a prototype is installed on my Panamera 4S right now, it's already a "plug and play" version! (yep, no reprogramming required)

I am already so happy using the current prototype, the extraction and retraction already worked fine on both the Manual mode and Automatic mode A (95km/h), but quite frankly, to tryout the Automatic mode B (200km/h) I've yet to go to the freeway in China for a spin, but I'm pretty sure it'll work fine.

They are currently studying whether they can further improve the modification, I'll keep you guys posted
So it no need to reprogram rite ? for manual mode and automatic mode below 200km/h ?

Old 07-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Mizter Rk
So it no need to reprogram rite ? for manual mode and automatic mode below 200km/h ?
Mister Rk, sorry about this late reply, sure, in fact, any mode, but I personally prefer the auto mode for its extending and retracting actions on the road...

I'm still happily showing off my spoiler on highways

Old 07-15-2013, 05:01 PM
Panamera plug n play turbo/gts wing

So does anyone have the information for the shop to purchase the plug n play wing? I found a website bmw100 but cannot find where to purchase it.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:10 PM
So I found a shop down the street from Porsche in Annapolis Maryland that did the turbo wing install.
http://youtu.be/IhlSwvaXKKI

Old 07-20-2013, 11:52 PM
stanleychien is on a distinguished road
good job!! unfortunately...I need find shop in CA

Old 10-19-2013, 12:34 PM
veedabowlu is on a distinguished road
Recoding?

Does anyone have suggestions for the recoding and what software to use as Durametric Tool will not recode a Panamera BCM ?

Old 10-21-2013, 12:12 PM
veedabowlu is on a distinguished road
Recoding?

Anybody?

Old 04-08-2014, 11:53 AM
agent-s is on a distinguished road
Anything new on this Topic?

I also want to retrofit the Spoiler but I am from Germany. I have the Spoiler here, but Need tips for the wiring!

Old 04-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Soniouze is on a distinguished road
same here....got the spoiler on hand!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Retrofit of Panamera Turbo Rear Spoiler on Panamera or Panamera S?