Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retrofit of Panamera Turbo Rear Spoiler on Panamera or Panamera S?

Old 10-18-2012, 09:12 AM
wnshie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dlss23
I went to your album saw you have diff exhaust, is that the ksg or ak?
Brother dlss23, really didn't expect anyone would notice, it's just that I hated that oxidized look of the oem exhaust tips, so I went to "Rainbow" exhaust and had those tips changed; no it's neither ksg or ak, man, these two are really good ones, got to say I love both

Old 10-23-2012, 11:37 PM
dlss23 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wnshie
Brother dlss23, really didn't expect anyone would notice, it's just that I hated that oxidized look of the oem exhaust tips, so I went to "Rainbow" exhaust and had those tips changed; no it's neither ksg or ak, man, these two are really good ones, got to say I love both
Interesting
For me, the oem exhaust tips look fine to me, but i hated the exhaust is too quiet, doesn't matah with a 400hp 'sport' car.

Any mod you have done on your car?
I am very interest to know!! Any new updates about the spoiler so far?

Old 10-24-2012, 04:38 AM
Nope, no news to report yet on the spoiler, sorry buddy, I need more time

exhaust... let's say what they did at "Rainbow" for me was more than just changing the tips, and the roar from the catback now is way better than stock but not enough to get stopped by law enforcements

other mod's, hmm...

performance wise I had also:
- FVD steel brake cables
- FABspeed intake
- removed the covers directly below the two headlights on the front bumper to enhance hood cooling
- (now experimenting) MAX ignition coils enhancer/Iridium spark plugs

just for the look, I had also:
- 16mm spacers all round as you would've known
- said earlier, air suspension lowering kit (just 4 tiny steel rods)
- LED converted all interior, reg. and trunk lights
- added LED floor lights
- the black fender vents changed to turbo's silver fender vents

function wise I also:
- added a switch near driver's seat to close the truck from inside

Last edited by wnshie; 10-24-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Nope, no news to report yet on the spoiler, sorry buddy, I need more time

exhaust... let's say what they did at "Rainbow" for me was more than just changing the tips, and the roar from the catback now is way better than stock but not enough to get stopped by law enforcements

other mod's, hmm...

performance wise I had also:
- FVD steel brake cables
- FABspeed intake
- removed the covers directly below the two headlights on the front bumper to enhance hood cooling
- (now experimenting) MAX ignition coils enhancer/Iridium spark plugs

just for the look, I had also:
- 16mm spacers all round as you would've known
- said earlier, air suspension lowering kit (just 4 tiny steel rods)
- LED converted all interior, reg. and trunk lights
- added LED floor lights
- the black fender vents changed to turbo's silver fender vents

function wise I also:
- added a switch near driver's seat to close the truck from inside
wow, you have done a lot more mod than i did.

for my panny, i only had sport design bumper, 20 inch sport wheels(painted to dark grey), techart paddle shifter, capristo exhaust and waiting dealer to install cf interior package.
The paddle shifter i think is a must have!! and capristo exhaust sound is great!

I am very interest about your mod, can you give me more details?

1) I have 20 inch sport wheel but i want to add spacers, is it safe to drive in tight corner with spacers?

2) having lower suspension than normal lowest height (compare to sport plus, not sure if yours are equiped) Do you find the handling better?

3) Do you feel your car perform better after those performance mods? like the fabspeed intake

4) I just bought led reg. plate light for my panny, they look easy to install. How about other led lights? Is it possible to DIY?

Last edited by dlss23; 10-26-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:12 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by dlss23
wow, you have done a lot more mod than i did.

for my panny, i only had sport design bumper, 20 inch sport wheels(painted to dark grey), techart paddle shifter, capristo exhaust and waiting dealer to install cf interior package.
The paddle shifter i think is a must have!! and capristo exhaust sound is great!

I am very interest about your mod, can you give me more details?

1) I have 20 inch sport wheel but i want to add spacers, is it safe to drive in tight corner with spacers?

2) having lower suspension than normal lowest height (compare to sport plus, not sure if yours are equiped) Do you find the handling better?

3) Do you feel your car perform better after those performance mods? like the fabspeed intake

4) I just bought led reg. plate light for my panny, they look easy to install. How about other led lights? Is it possible to DIY?
Compare with what you've done, the mods I did are really like mickey mouse mods

1) Just make sure you get a professional realignment after adding the spacers (not just those Computerized stuff the tyre shops usually do), I have done I think 20,000km since I had those 16mm spacers on

2) When doing turns at high speed, oh yes, very obvious, but be prepared to change your tyres more frequently; after lowering the suspensions, the calipers can only be adjusted "correctly" either according to the Standard mode or the Sport Plus mode, not both, you can ask around

3) Yep, especially on higher speed from 80 or above, and/or on high rev

4) Oh where you found them, I'd love to see it, mine is a ad hoc version but not quite bright enough to my liking... The garage I go is a small one but very experienced with German made, and he's very helpful, what I'm trying to say is he helped me installed all those leds and I think mostly are the DIY types, so yes, you can with a bit of patience

FYI. I am one step closer to the subjected turbo spolier retrofiting, if I got some results I'll keep ya'll updated and see if I can help making this a plug and play mod to ya'll.

I just got myself some titanium wheel bolts, and the MAX ignition coils enhancers with the BOSCH are already making me quite happy too, now I'm waiting for the Denso IKH24, hoping these little babies can enhance the result further

Last edited by wnshie; 11-02-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:19 AM
no, i think you have done a lot more complicated mods than i have. All I pick were those easy one.

I am very excited about your one step closer, i really think turbo spoiler look better than ours. Any further update?

Since your car is 2010, your warranty should be expiring soon or expired already? My car is 2011 June, warranty expires in less than a year. What is your suggestion. Do you think I should stick to Jebxxx( our stealer ) or find a local garage to do our regular maintainance and repair?

FYI, this is where I bought my led license plate light
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280845896080...84.m1497.l2649

Spent 10 mins to figure out the way to remove the light bulbs

Compare with what you've done, the mods I did are really like mickey mouse mods

1) Just make sure you get a professional realignment after adding the spacers (not just those Computerized stuff the tyre shops usually do), I have done I think 20,000km since I had those 16mm spacers on

2) When doing turns at high speed, oh yes, very obvious, but be prepared to change your tyres more frequently; after lowering the suspensions, the calipers can only be adjusted "correctly" either according to the Standard mode or the Sport Plus mode, not both, you can ask around

3) Yep, especially on higher speed from 80 or above, and/or on high rev

4) Oh where you found them, I'd love to see it, mine is a ad hoc version but not quite bright enough to my liking... The garage I go is a small one but very experienced with German made, and he's very helpful, what I'm trying to say is he helped me installed all those leds and I think mostly are the DIY types, so yes, you can with a bit of patience

FYI. I am one step closer to the subjected turbo spolier retrofiting, if I got some results I'll keep ya'll updated and see if I can help making this a plug and play mod to ya'll.

I just got myself some titanium wheel bolts, and the MAX ignition coils enhancers with the BOSCH are already making me quite happy too, now I'm waiting for the Denso IKH24, hoping these little babies can enhance the result further

Old 11-08-2012, 06:19 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
In US/Canada, we get full 4-year warranty.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Talking

I just don't get it, we pay a lot for our Porsche here in Hong Kong (partly because of the import tax), and yet, we are getting NO GOOD dealer services (simply not enough staffs), and now we are getting shorter warranty period!?!

Guys, you've got to stop torturing us with more bad news, I am sad enough that we are paying double of what you guys pay to get the same (or should I say less now?) thing here in Hong Kong...

Thanks diss23, I just ordered those leds for my reg as well

Mine had already expired and I renewed it, really I treat it like an insurance policy, especially after sending the Pana in 5-6 times within the first 2 years time because of fuel pump, air suspension pump (twice!) and such, I really got freaked out by this Pana's instability with its electronic components, so if you ask me, purchase the warranty if the stealer let you, it ain't too expensive anyway compared with MB and BMW...

Last edited by wnshie; 11-10-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:47 AM
TGED is on a distinguished road
You guys do pay a lot more and for less equipment. In Canada, all Pans come standard with xenon lights, PCM/NAVI, blue tooth, home link garage door opener, heated seats/steering, power front seats.... That's why all these Chinese people when they come to Canada they always buy the best cars, and they don't even bother to ask for a discount because in China, nice cars like Porsche are about triple the price as in Canada.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Thumbs up

Guys! diss23! Good news!

The mechanic I go to has worked with an engineer for two days, they have successfully modified the Turbo spoiler to retrofit on Panamera, 4, S and 4S! Currently a prototype is installed on my Panamera 4S right now, it's already a "plug and play" version! (yep, no reprogramming required)

I am already so happy using the current prototype, the extraction and retraction already worked fine on both the Manual mode and Automatic mode A (95km/h), but quite frankly, to tryout the Automatic mode B (200km/h) I've yet to go to the freeway in China for a spin, but I'm pretty sure it'll work fine.

They are currently studying whether they can further improve the modification, I'll keep you guys posted

Last edited by wnshie; 11-10-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:08 AM
VINTAGEFEFE has a spectacular aura aboutVINTAGEFEFE has a spectacular aura aboutVINTAGEFEFE has a spectacular aura about
I just don't get it, we pay a lot for our Porsche here in Hong Kong (partly because of the import tax), and yet, we are getting NO GOOD dealer services (simply not enough staffs), and now we are getting shorter warranty period!?!

Guys, you've got to stop torturing us with more bad news, I am sad enough that we are paying double of what you guys pay to get the same (or should I say less now?) thing here in Hong Kong...

Mine had already expired and I renewed it, really I treat it like an insurance policy, especially after sending the Pana in 5-6 times within the first 2 years time because of fuel pump, air suspension pump (twice!) and such, I really got freaked out by this Pana's instability with its electronic components, so if you ask me, purchase the warranty if the stealer let you, it ain't too expensive anyway compared with MB and BMW...
I don't know what you're complaining about. I paid over USD 250k for my base v6....

Old 11-11-2012, 08:35 PM
hey wnshie, yes you are right. I hate our dealer service. Everytime i call for an assistant, I have to leave a message to the CS, wait for a few hours or even the next day until they call back, they are always busy dealing with customers or doing something else. This is extremely bad compare to my experience with MB and Lexus. However I will renew my warranty next year after hearing from you, seems like this is the best choice we have.

I got my car since June 2011, I ordered my car in Feb 2011. I was lucky enough to get away from the new first registration tax last year, it came out 2 weeks after I ordered my car. However i am pretty sure I paid HKD100,000 (or US 12,500) more than your car.

Touch wood, my car doesn't have any problem SO FAR. But I do hear an unusual noise from the transmission when my car rev between 3-4k, but our dealer told me this is normal

Old 11-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
I don't know what you're complaining about. I paid over USD 250k for my base v6....
It's about US175k here in Hong Kong for base V6

Where are you located?

Old 11-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Brother this is a very good news!

I would like to see you and your car in person very much.
Do you have whatsapp? Can you pm me your cell phone number? I cannot send out pm.

I am regularly going out myself on Sunday morning. Would be a great time to meet and chat

Btw, are you an expatriate or from local?

Guys! diss23! Good news!

The mechanic I go to has worked with an engineer for two days, they have successfully modified the Turbo spoiler to retrofit on Panamera, 4, S and 4S! Currently a prototype is installed on my Panamera 4S right now, it's already a "plug and play" version! (yep, no reprogramming required)

I am already so happy using the current prototype, the extraction and retraction already worked fine on both the Manual mode and Automatic mode A (95km/h), but quite frankly, to tryout the Automatic mode B (200km/h) I've yet to go to the freeway in China for a spin, but I'm pretty sure it'll work fine.

They are currently studying whether they can further improve the modification, I'll keep you guys posted

Old 11-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
Oh.. oh! My friend from Indonesia! Yes, you are right, that's why I said it on the other topic when I said you are "very commited" in mod'ing your cars in Indonesia; not only financially demanding (200% import tax now right?), also the patience and torlerance required where everything you order from overseas has to go thru Indonesian custom where they're very famous in holding things up and asking for more (sorry to say that about Indonesia, I know things are better these days but I still have very close family living in Surabaya and Jakata)

BTW I think it was way back when I was told there was an import restriction on the engine size of the european cars, that's why one would never see any european car of engine size bigger than 4L on the street, is that the case?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Retrofit of Panamera Turbo Rear Spoiler on Panamera or Panamera S?