Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Four door wars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 11:16 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vanquishv12
An Aston Martin has to be an emotional ownership. I cannot justify any other reason anyone would own one [or possibly being a masochist.] I've owned Astons since the early seventies [all 60s era cars until the Vanquish] Everytime I enter the garage I am amazed at the beauty of the Vanquish. Anything parked next to it simply disapears. It is an old world car. Literally assembled by hand and the last to be as such. Avoid a Vanquish. Very expensive to run. The F1 in it is a pain to live with. Go for a DB9 or Vantage. [not a DBS] The Vantage V8 is a great option to a 911 and much rarer. You could drive a V8 Aston daily. The quality and feel of the interior is as good as a Bentley. If your considering a newer Aston you'll find they are all well sorted but much more expensive to run than a Porsche. There is a reason we see Porsches driven daily to 150K plus miles. A Porsche could be your only car. Its the most user friendly sports car ever. Not so with an Aston. Altough I have heard that Aston will soon have a new mini commuter car. Ugh! Now theres an Aston Martin thread. Looks like I won't be popular with the Aston group either. Unsure if I've answered your question.
I still go to amoc.org to check out what is going on over there. My heart was set on 09 vantage, but I just can’t get past the random quality issues. It is still a beautiful car to look at, sexiest car around. DB9 is too much $ for me. I had first gen 997CS for 3 years, I do miss looking at it. I know there are ton of 911 around. But it is a great daily car.Love the turbo. For me, there is a lot to like about the Panamera, but it sure has some VERY awkward angle. Love your post about the dog, very funny.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:30 AM
vanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to behold
The Vantage is a very good car. Extremely handsome from any angle. Everyone that I know that owns one loves it. Regarding the Panamera: I agree that there is so much to like. All is below the skin. I you see I was having fun with the Porsche/AMC styling connection but actually heard that "Panamera" is short for PANAMERAcanmotors-Marlin !!!

Last edited by vanquishv12; 10-25-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:46 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
look vanv12chief, looks like u haven`t got a clue, i will clear things up for ya:

designer Michael Mauer (a few months back):

`For me, the new Panamera is a typical Porsche since it is using typical Porsche design elements and design DNA’ from the past, Mauer says. He points to the high fenders, v-shaped hood shutline and air intake as being strong Porsche cues. Mauer says that in developing the Panamera, they looked at all Porsche cars from the past and present and in particular at the CGT, `because that is the high-end Porsche’ for inspiration. for example the front of the car and the raised center console on the inside is influenced by that car...the back end influenced by the 928 and 356, the instruments by the 911 etc.`

u can now either acknowledge these facts or go on bashing the pana, i have a slight feeling u will continue with the 2nd option.

Well as I said above the front isnt the issue...Its the rear and side view.....looks so weird with that crazy looking back end from all angles but the front....Just not right to my eyes anyway....And like I said before as well, i prefer a **** to soooo many buttons...Counterintuitive to me

Old 10-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vanquishv12
Unique look?
Is it just me or....
Am I the only one that....
you can always find another car that looks similar. if you don't agree with me, then there's no such thing as an unique car. (of course, when you start comparing higher end (exotic) cars, they are unique)

Old 10-26-2009, 09:20 PM
vanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to behold
Your absolutely correct. Especially today. Even the exotics. But I always saw it bit more abstract. Am I the only one that saw a Diablo as simply being an MGA going backwards? Damn. Now I'll have the Lambo guys upset. [And the MG guys!] Ugh.

Attached Images   

Last edited by vanquishv12; 10-26-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:50 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
eh.................