Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo with everything except the ceramic brakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 01:43 PM
MrMan is infamous around these partsMrMan is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Turbo with everything except the ceramic brakes

Hi. I have never been a performance car person, or even a car guy. I lived in NYC with no car, in the Northwest with no car, and never really missed it at all. Believe it or not, I got tired of my Prius (not joking) and, well, ended up ordering a Panamera Turbo.
I don't really care about interior options except the stereo, so I got the Burmeister. I didn't get power window shades and seat vents or a leather rear view mirror.
I ordered the car in dark blue, with espresso leather, with olive wood, with the 20"" 911 5-spoke turbo wheels. I got the the chassis options like the PDCC, etc, I didn't stint on performance, except I listened to the sales guy and did not get the ceramic brakes. Was this a mistake?

I think the whole thing is around $175k USD after all that. I could use any advice on after-market ECUs or non-software based add-ons that will add enough power to get up to 200 mph plus but not so much power that it defeats the handling/traction control. Or is this even a concern?

I took two test drives in turbos. One was just cruising, and during the other the best I did (the salesman did not like this) was to take it very quickly up to around 135 mph on the interstate. But I did not challenge the limits of the car's handling.

I am excited and perhaps feeling a bit guilty about getting this car. I think I will have to keep the Prius for appearances. Here are some fun icons.

Last edited by MrMan; 03-04-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:22 PM
adeeois is on a distinguished road
A Prius to a Panamera, I think the folks at Guiness are looking for you!
Seriously, You have an awesome car coming. If you need more HP, there will be tuners
offering performance upgrades soon. Just get a subscription to Excellence magazine and watch the ad's. As for the ceramic brakes, no need unless you are intending to track the car. Good luck.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:43 AM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Sounds like a very nice build. I am sure you wont need the ceramic brakes, since you are coming from a prius. A big advantage to the brakes is weight, the rotors are about half the weight, which helps in all areas of performance. Since you manged to get the MSRP up the 175k you could easily swap options out to pay for the brakes if you wanted, but if you think you will turn around and throw 22" wheels on then certainly dont get the brakes.

Can you share your build sheet?

And personally, the prius will only hurt you in the appearances department.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:12 PM
forgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really nice
Sounds like a sweet config. I have not driven a Panamera Turbo but had a 997TT and a Cayenne Turbo. You will be giddy every time you need a gallon of milk! Make sure you post pics when it comes in. I love the Espresso interior. That is very classy.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:13 PM
forgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really nice
BTW, no leather rear view mirror? What the heck were you thinking?!

Old 03-17-2010, 05:19 PM
tony102385 is on a distinguished road
make sure you get interior lighting package its worth it, skip the refrigirator its a waste of space. I like the window shades also. I got rear power seats but would skip because no one knows about them and never uses them.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:29 AM
feloyruckus is on a distinguished road
the brakes are amazing!!!

Old 04-01-2010, 09:20 AM
A couple of camera phone pics. I need to get some things done to it like window tinting and chipping (if I can find someone that offers this yet.) Will post some real camera pics of interior later, olive wood + espresso leather is actually a really nice combination, and perhaps someone will enjoy seeing it. Otherwise, this is "just another" panamera turbo.

Attached Images    
Old 04-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Also I was totally misremembering the cost it was only 163k. Burmester stereo might be the best thing that ever happened in automotive history. A little known fact is that 0-60hz times decrease by 15% when you play "Ride of the VAlkryies" as loud as it will go.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:15 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Really nice car. I can't stop laughing at the move from Zero car to a Panamera Turbo. No reason to hunt average chicks, head straight to Pamela Anderson and accept nothing less!
There are no good ECU flashes as present. Everyone is working on cracking the system. I would not buy one at present if it was available. This car is a large computer and you could have trouble. I heard some tuners are retracting their flashes because of trouble.

Enjoy your beast.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Neo
Neo is on a distinguished road
Would love to see some interior shots, haven't seen good ones of the expresso leather.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:15 AM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
Really nice car. I can't stop laughing at the move from Zero car to a Panamera Turbo. No reason to hunt average chicks, head straight to Pamela Anderson and accept nothing less!
There are no good ECU flashes as present. Everyone is working on cracking the system. I would not buy one at present if it was available. This car is a large computer and you could have trouble. I heard some tuners are retracting their flashes because of trouble.

Enjoy your beast.
What is up with the tunes for this car??? Seems like it should be a ditto off the Cayenne, but no. You would think a tune could unleash another 100 hp easy.

Last edited by falb; 04-05-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:06 PM
spyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to all
Originally Posted by falb
What is up with the tunes for this car??? Seems like it should be a ditto off the Cayenne, but no. You would like a tune could unleash another 100 hp easy.

...from my contact at Porsche N/A..looks like Porsche decieded to take the high road with ECU upgrades...try to make any mods to the ECU difficult thereby avoiding having to void warranty repairs to the "modified" cars. Long shot by Porsche

My guess is that the tuners are going to charge us more the ECU upgrades for all their extra work now. Everything seems to cost more with a Porsche...LOL.

I am really liking the new Panamera's. Very different looking on the road.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by spyderman
...from my contact at Porsche N/A..looks like Porsche decieded to take the high road with ECU upgrades...try to make any mods to the ECU difficult thereby avoiding having to void warranty repairs to the "modified" cars. Long shot by Porsche

My guess is that the tuners are going to charge us more the ECU upgrades for all their extra work now. Everything seems to cost more with a Porsche...LOL.

I am really liking the new Panamera's. Very different looking on the road.
Clearly your friend is right. This beast requires the super decoder ring with spamalot injection. Crazy.

I hope someone figures this thing out soon, I want some more boost