Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PORSCHE logo on the Panamera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 03:01 PM
forgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really nice
PORSCHE logo on the Panamera

Why is the Porsche insigna on the rear of the Panamera different than the historical pattern? It is typically more stretched horizontally on other models. It is noticably different (standard boring block letters) on the Panamera.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
a new thing for Porsche, same as the new Cayenne.

I hated it, they think people are so stupid that they don't know it is a Porsche.

It is like some handbags with huge LV or Chanel logos on them for people to notice it from miles away...totally classless.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:33 PM
forgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really nice
I agree. I like the traditional decal on the inside of the rear window in the 911s.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:36 PM
kcturbo is on a distinguished road
I ordered my PTT with "Delete model designation", In other words, It will not have "Panamera turbo" on the back and I will also remove the "Porsche" as well. It will be totally de-badged.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:10 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
only auto freaks can identify the new Panamera or new Cayenne rear as a Porsche imho.
The 911 is a totally different story, it doesn´t need any porsche on the back.
I am for the "clean look" but i understand why Porsche put it on the Cayenne and Pana.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:49 AM
I wouldn't mind it so much if it was in the traditional Porsche font.
It looks so un-exotic.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:27 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I had the Panamera S removed from my car, but the P O R S C H E logo is still there. I would have preferred to have the Panamera S positioned where the PORSCHE logo is, and remove the PORSCHE logo instead. IMO, having both is just too busy for the rear end.

I really don't mind the PORSCHE logo, think it looks just fine. It's just a matter of not having BOTH placed on the rear end.

Imagine the probable Panamera Turbo S or Cayenne Turbo S on the rear end along with the P O R S C H E logo...now that's a lot of writing on the rear end of a vehicle. I already think the Cayenne Turbo S designation on the rear of the current Cayenne is too long. I think Porsche should simply show Turbo or Turbo S on the Pan/Cayenne as they do on the 911 Turbo. Imagine having Carrera Turbo S written on the back of a 911 Turbo, along with the P O R S C H E logo above it....

Old 03-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Mojosan is on a distinguished road
I like the wide P O R S C H E logo.

Now, the space taken up by the rear wire (and the lack of washers for the rear wiper) now thats another story.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:02 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I have a Porsche license plate frame on the back of my car. Does that make me a poser?

Old 03-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Yes!

Old 03-19-2010, 10:19 PM
bonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nice
Meh, i like the spaced out PORSCHE, it seems to have a very classic look, for some reason reminds me on the 356.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:10 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kcturbo
I ordered my PTT with "Delete model designation", In other words, It will not have "Panamera turbo" on the back and I will also remove the "Porsche" as well. It will be totally de-badged.
Word. I approve.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:54 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
I'm not a fan of the logo. Only the people that "need" to know what the car is, "will" know. I have had people come up to the front of my Cayenne Turbo and ask who made the car. If they have to ask, they don't really need to know anyway. Less writing is way way way better. We all know what we own.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:25 PM
YoVito is on a distinguished road
why does any car need a name or model number. It is what it is.