Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any simple way to get a more throaty exhaust sound?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 07:43 AM
Mojosan is infamous around these parts
Any simple way to get a more throaty exhaust sound?

I erred in ordering my P4S without Sport Exhaust.

It's too quiet for me, especially under acceleration.

While I'm certain the exhausts offered by some of the board sponsors will provide the sound I'm looking for, I don't want to spend $4k just for better sound on a car I'm going to have for about 22 more months.

I'm aware that the aftermarket exhausts offer slightly better power and torque, but that's not really a concern for me either.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Old 01-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Panamera4S is infamous around these parts
I have the same issue with my 4S. I though about installing sport exhaust by the dealer but they want to charge me 5K for it.

I think if you want to get a good sound, aftermarket exhaust are better option and they sound way better than PSE.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:50 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Cat delete?

Old 01-25-2011, 01:12 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Cat delete?
+1 should be the kicker

Old 01-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Mojosan is infamous around these parts
$5000 fine in NJ if you get caught deleting cats. Not an option...

Old 01-27-2011, 07:54 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
If you modify the stock exhaust on a leased car, there may be consequences when you go to turn it back in. Atleast if you buy a sport exhaust from one of us vendors here, you can always put it back to stock and sell the exhaust used on here and get back some of your money. Think of it as renting it for 22 months

Old 01-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mojosan
Mojosan,

I would start with the center muffler delete that we offer. It retails for $ 1,692.00 and it will help to deepen the sound. That will be your cheapest option.

Here is a video on a 4S with the muffler and our primary sport muffler. The primary bypass will be 25% to 30% as deep as the sound with the valves open in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4DjWm_5_wM

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 01-27-2011, 01:29 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
IF you get "caught" There are ways...

Old 01-28-2011, 09:42 AM
silver1331 is infamous around these parts
My car had sport exhaust on it and it was an option i didnt care for initially but after having it goes on my list of MUST haves...makes the car sound much better. stock is way too quiet.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:28 PM
benVTGizzle is infamous around these partsbenVTGizzle is infamous around these parts
Fake cat? Basically a cat-delete pipe with the stock cat shell welded onto it. That would work, but I don't know if you are willing to go through with the work / risks.

Even a high-flow cat would give it a throatier sound.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
I erred in ordering my P4S without Sport Exhaust.

It's too quiet for me, especially under acceleration.

While I'm certain the exhausts offered by some of the board sponsors will provide the sound I'm looking for, I don't want to spend $4k just for better sound on a car I'm going to have for about 22 more months.

I'm aware that the aftermarket exhausts offer slightly better power and torque, but that's not really a concern for me either.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Check out our Panamera Page for a full line of products for the Panamera V6/S/TT
http://www.fabspeed.com/panamera.html

All of the Fabspeed products are bolt-on and can be removed at any time and switched back to stock. Email me with any questions you might have. I see you are in NJ which is not far from us and we could do the install for you.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:36 AM
jjrho is infamous around these parts
X pipe/no resonator or muffler ?!?!

Can someone clarify? i have a Pan S 2010 w/o the PSE and need more sound but No Drone....

one company says doing the resonator Delete and putting the X pipe there would be the simplest way to achieve it w/o drone, leaving factory mufflers in.... some people say there is a drone however with this....

the other company says the exactly opposite...leave the factory resonator In, and do the mufflers; in order to ensure no drone... from their experience...granted they have a no drone technology in theirs.....

you can pre' much guess which the two companies are above... but as a consumer, putting this on wife's sedan, who hates the drone at 2200rpm on the 996TT, i can't afford to have another car with drone....

what do you guys think? i'm gonna do one or the other but can't decide....

2010 Pan S
2003 TT x50

Old 02-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Motohead279 is a jewel in the roughMotohead279 is a jewel in the roughMotohead279 is a jewel in the rough
I have a set of AWE mufflers on the way and they have said I will have no drone issues. They are on sale for $2700 right now.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:47 PM
jjrho is infamous around these parts
ok....well, i know it's 'on sale' until 18th...
if you get urs before that and can confirm no drone, i'd like to order one too...
is it for a pan s/4s?

jr