Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the Panamera come with a spare tire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 12:36 PM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
Question Does the Panamera come with a spare tire

Does the Panamera come with a spare tire ???

Old 02-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Clint Eastwood is on a distinguished road
no. porsche believes the extra weight is not worth it. it comes with tire repair goo and a pump to temporarily get you to where you need to get a new tire.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Kleev is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RobertM
Does the Panamera come with a spare tire ???
4 year roadside assistance as well

Old 02-28-2011, 02:20 PM
vkvmd is on a distinguished road
Does the "repair goo" work?

Old 02-28-2011, 02:51 PM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vkvmd
it does work well enough to get you home if you are within a reasonable distance from a service station / home. I recommend you try it once just as a practice because it might me nervewrecking if you got stuck on the highway at 2AM with a flat....

Old 02-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by vkvmd
Works fine on punctures, not so good for cuts or larger holes. I use it all the time on the ranch; on trucks, atvs, tractors, motorcycles. A mess for whoever has to eventually change it out. . .

Old 02-28-2011, 06:37 PM
pmichaelis is on a distinguished road
Interestingly, I have a copy of the Porsche Parts Catalog which shows part numbers for spares.

19 Inch 970 362 050 00
20 Inch 970 362 070 00

Old 02-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by pmichaelis
Interestingly, I have a copy of the Porsche Parts Catalog which shows part numbers for spares.

19 Inch 970 362 050 00
20 Inch 970 362 070 00

Wouldn't be surprised if some configurations (Euro perhaps) carried a blow-up donut like the Cayenne has. But no way a 19 much less a 20 is going to fit in the back, so we'd be talking about a real lowrider!

Old 02-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Austinm911 is on a distinguished road
There is no spare, the guy showing my family said that there's roadside assistance, so it isn't needed.

Thing is, you tend to get flats in random places, where sometimes roadside assistance can take awhile.
For instance, my family got a flat in a random valley about an hour from Park City, Utah. Roadside assistance would make it after we froze...

Roadside assistance sometimes isn't always reliable imo

Old 02-28-2011, 08:56 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
so your on your way to vegas in the middle of now where..and hope road side service
does not leave you there for 6 hours.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Can't always get what you want

Originally Posted by Austinm911
There is no spare, the guy showing my family said that there's roadside assistance, so it isn't needed.

Thing is, you tend to get flats in random places, where sometimes roadside assistance can take awhile.
For instance, my family got a flat in a random valley about an hour from Park City, Utah. Roadside assistance would make it after we froze...

Roadside assistance sometimes isn't always reliable imo
Roadside assistance is often problematic --you might break down on a lonely road somewhere outside of cell coverage and be unable to make contact. Also, the goo can won't do squat for the hole that rock put in your sidewall, so you just might starve to death.

Buyer beware, this car may not be for you!

Old 03-02-2011, 04:56 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
I cant believe this conversation is happening

Old 03-03-2011, 07:57 AM
porshanut is on a distinguished road
I think offering a luxury sedan or sports sedan without a spare is ridiculous! You always get a flat in out of the way places. That being said, I still bought a Panamera S and love it. Purchased the wheel and tire insurance from Porsche just for good Karma.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porshanut
I think offering a luxury sedan or sports sedan without a spare is ridiculous!
You are assuming that most people can change a spare, and that's a big assumption.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:36 PM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
You are assuming that most people can change a spare, and that's a big assumption.
no you might not change the tire yourself, but AAA will. I have had several flats; where the side wall was GONE, and almost was riding on the exposed rim.

If I got a Panni, I would get 21 or 22" wheels and it is nice to have a spare, just incase you need to limp home.

I was just asking, because I think it is silly for a daily driver does not have a spare tire in case of an emergency.

is there any room to add a spare below the carpeted area in the hatch. Kind of like the Maserati QP

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does the Panamera come with a spare tire