Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bowing out!

Old 04-08-2012, 10:47 AM
miralid is on a distinguished road
Bowing out!

I have been driving a Panamera Turbo for the past 9mo. I went to Houston for a 10k service this weekend (live in small town south of Houston). Just to kill time went to the Audi dealership. On the floor was a Navy blue A8 with a special order Balao Brown Interior.

The car was stunning and the technology and its execution is one of the best I have seen. Here are few items that caught my eye.

Very nice interior and understated exterior style
Fit and finish second to none
22 way adjustable, heated and cooled front seats with an excellent massage function (Much better than my 2010 E63)
Pop up screen and instrument panel grahics, best that I have seen
Audi front and rear Pre sense (Breaks the car when you are about to rear end someone and also puts on your flashers, rolls up windows and tightens seat belts if someone is about to rear end you)
Car has a wifi Hot spot with google maps (Kids ipad now has internet)
Sirius and Blind spot monitoring (my PTT were missing these)
Voice recognition
3y free maintenance
I have a dealer ship near me (dont have to drive 350miles to see a Porsche dealer)

Long story short, they made me a deal I could not refuse.

It has been a true pleasure owning a PTT and being a part of this forum. The neck breaking power, the crowd gathering style, the unflapable handling, best in class sound system with the ability to seat 4 is just not available anywhere else.

Will see if the softer, quiter Audi with its tons of tech and a designer interior can keep me satisfied!

Last edited by miralid; 04-08-2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-08-2012, 03:36 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
What A8 did you buy? Not the new S8? After reading your story first it seemed your car was not specced to your liking (you can order vented seats and blind spot detector in PTT too) and I was pretty sure you bought the wrong car in the first place(massage seats are usually A8, S-class, 7-series drivers, not Porsche sportscar drivers). But after reading you have 350 miles to the dealer, I get it. That would be a no no for me. Sad to hear you go, enjoy your new car. Audis are really cool at the moment, if the RS cars were not old models upon arrival, I would probably be driving the RS6. Are you sure you wont miss the power (I am assuming there is a power downgrade)?

Old 04-08-2012, 04:21 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Definitely keep us posted on your impressions. Always good to have input from a former Panny driver on other makes. S8 is a very luxurious and feature laden car - I've heard great things about them.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:57 PM
I got a short wheel base A8 4.2. The new S8 is not available yet. There is ofcourse a significant power downgrade. HP 372, torque 328. This is a luxury sedan and a complete change in flavor. Having recently had an E63 and the PTT, I think I have had my fill for power...time will tell as this would be my first power downgrade in the past 18 years!

Old 04-08-2012, 07:26 PM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
HUH?

I don't get it...you buy what I consider to be the nicest car made, yet nine months later trade it in for another awesome car...but one that is also very different...

I guess I'm just constantly surprised on this forum how quickly many trade in their cars. I've always been in to having a nice car, but also keep them an average of ten years...costs too much to do otherwise; plus I get attached to them!

Either you are so rich you have money to burn (and if so, congratulations) or you are being foolish with your money.

Just my opinion, no offense to anyone intended...

Old 04-08-2012, 07:59 PM
No offense taken. Indeed you make an important point. No one has money to burn, especially in this time and age.

I have to confess, my wife is the financially responsible one. She was the one who actually pushed me the final step (first time in 16yr she agreed with me on changing a car) as the Audi is significantly more economical than the PTT.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:36 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Is there a subscription fee for the A8 wifi? Or does it use your phone's data plan?

Old 04-08-2012, 08:44 PM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
Holy Crap! Sorry, but I failed to take into account that the A8 does indeed cost far less than the Panamera Turbo! Sounds like you may be cutting your losses while remaining in an awesome car!

(Just keep this one a while...heh!)

Last edited by hummerchine; 04-09-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:49 PM
The car has a T Mobile SIM with 6mo free. I think it is about $30/mo afterwards.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:30 PM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Congrats! Keep us posted!

Old 04-16-2012, 09:51 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
pics?