Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strongly considering a move to a PTTS or 991 S Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 07:18 PM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Strongly considering a move to a PTTS or 991 S Cab

I got my Panny in August 2010. I've had a ton of minor issue's with the car. None lately, knock on wood! I've put a ton of miles on the car in that time frame. My concern is future repair bills, I'm convinced the hydraulic suspension will be the 1st go out and I can only imagine how expensive that repair is going to be.

I just don't know how bullet proof the car is going to be over the long haul. If it were a Lexus I wouldn't be too concerned.

My Aston is my weekend car but the Panny is my work horse DD.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:46 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
If you like the car & the warranty is up why not just get a 100K extended - that should only run a few thousand dollars - certainly much less than what it would cost to trade into a PTTS.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:54 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cvprez
If you like the car & the warranty is up why not just get a 100K extended - that should only run a few thousand dollars - certainly much less than what it would cost to trade into a PTTS.
These logical comments are for normal people without car addiction. He already said he has an Aston for the weekend. That tells me, he is not normal, but like me....SICK for cars. He is trying to convince himself of why it makes sense to get something different or just newer. I understand and say try the 991S cab for a change, unless you need rear seats for kids.

Love these threads, lets me know I am not alone!

Old 05-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by cvprez
I tried that with Endurance BUT the underwriter's killed it due to the fact that I have tracked this car. I did get high performance driving insurance each time so I guess that's how they found out when they ran the VIN # or something.

It's my own fault, I had such a crappy buying experience the last time I didn't even think about an extended warranty. I just signed and got the heck outta there before I choked somebody.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
These logical comments are for normal people without car addiction. He already said he has an Aston for the weekend. That tells me, he is not normal, but like me....SICK for cars. He is trying to convince himself of why it makes sense to get something different or just newer. I understand and say try the 991S cab for a change, unless you need rear seats for kids.

Love these threads, lets me know I am not alone!
It's an addiction

Old 05-18-2012, 08:58 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Im pretty sure if youll buy the PTTS, you will sell your Aston... Its just THAT GOOD and so much faster. Wonderful workhorse.

DId you get the squeeking brakes fixed?

Old 05-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by kip
Im pretty sure if youll buy the PTTS, you will sell your Aston... Its just THAT GOOD and so much faster. Wonderful workhorse.

DId you get the squeeking brakes fixed?
My wife and I will sometimes go out to an isolated stretch of road and she will beat me in her CTT when I'm in the Aston. It's close but she always wins. When she's in the PTT and I'm in the Aston it's not even close. The Aston is just sexy and I love the sound of the V-12! I don't care that it's a PIG!!!

As far as the brakes go, there is still a small shudder when turning left under braking. If I break really hard a few times the noise goes away for several days. I'm only into week 2 so I'll let you know if this is a fix. It's still to much work IMO.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:03 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
In your situation Id go with following combo choices:
CTT + Aston/upcoming 991TT/Lamborghini Avantador for the thrills + PTTS/keep your PTT (or powerkit it ) for the DD

I dont think youll get anything new with the PTTS that you wouldnt get with powerkiting it, only reason is to get a more reliable specimen, but I doubt you will...

Where I live, even 2 of the above choices costs over half a million dollars, so for me its 2 cars max.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:01 PM
asfwp is on a distinguished road
I love these discussions where money is no object! Or so it seems / I fantasize, for a brief moment.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:15 PM
supercup is on a distinguished road
I just went from M5 and 997 TT Cab to PTT. I know I will miss having the Cab, but I only drove it 5k miles in 2.5 years. I have a Cup car so my weekend addiction is covered at the track. PTT is nicer than M5 - I need 4 doors in my DD, so PTT or PTTS was best choice.

Since you have the CTT and the Aston - seems to me you really just need to decide if you need 4 doors or not on your DD, if not get the new S cab - you will love it with PDK and so fun to drive everyday. I see you are in Pittsburg so I would think that the cab is not as easy to live with in the winter - you gonna drive the Cab or the Aston in the snow? Maybe you should get a C4S cab?

If you drive a ton on miles my guess is the Panny will be the best DD. Good luck with your decision.