Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED interior light kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 09:31 AM
pgeoph is on a distinguished road
I ordered it and did everything but the console myself. The console "light pipes" have an LED at the dash end and come with the wiring to connect them. I had the dealer install that one and they charged me 1 hour - yours may vary...

All the other lights are easy. The door/trunk lid lights are cool in that they are white for down light and have red LEDs for the traffic facing lights (already red lenses in the bezels). You can see where some of the extra cost comes from, the circuitry on the door & trunk lid lights is fairly complex to get two colors and still be 100% compatible with the Porsche systems so you don't get any warnings.

In general the dome and floor lights are much brighter than the incandescent but the factory dimmer function works flawlessly.

Of all of them the vanity mirrors were the trickiest. You can pry the trim off but once you do you realize it slides off to to one side to on and off.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:11 AM
sayadil is on a distinguished road
Hey guys

Hey guys I ordered a Porsche LED lighting package from Porsche Germany for my panamera here in India. Pls check the attached pics.

Meanwhile Porsche India has issues with installing product purchased by customer from another country so looks like I need to get it installed outside.

Most bulbs seem plug n play only need help with installing the led strips underneath the console.
My friend has one with installed led strips and lighting is quite nice and it can be brightened up from the PCM.

The box it came in.

LED bulbs which seem plug n play

The connector of the led strips. Two plastic parts connect to one end of the led strip. Second end seems to be connecting into some wiring which controls the ambient lighting inside the car as not all lights are part of ambient light. Footwell n dome seem to be part of orientation lighting

The actual two strips which go under the console

Last edited by sayadil; 07-16-2015 at 04:20 AM.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:53 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I have the interior accent lighting package in my Jeep GC (it is a kit from Mopar) and the dealer installed it. You can change the color of the interior lighting by pushing a button. When I saw it I said this can easily be done, so I bought red lighting strips and installed them under the dash of my Abarth and ran them so they turn on when the lights go on. I am fairly certain the same thing could be done to the Panamera.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:16 AM
TGED is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sayadil
Hey guys I ordered a Porsche LED lighting package from Porsche Germany for my panamera here in India. Pls check the attached pics.

Meanwhile Porsche India has issues with installing product purchased by customer from another country so looks like I need to get it installed outside.

Most bulbs seem plug n play only need help with installing the led strips underneath the console.
My friend has one with installed led strips and lighting is quite nice and it can be brightened up from the PCM.

The box it came in.

LED bulbs which seem plug n play

The connector of the led strips. Two plastic parts connect to one end of the led strip. Second end seems to be connecting into some wiring which controls the ambient lighting inside the car as not all lights are part of ambient light. Footwell n dome seem to be part of orientation lighting

The actual two strips which go under the console
I am also interested in adding center console LED light strips. Please enlighten me on the installation, thanks.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:41 AM
Hey

Well I have the part but local Porsche centre not willing to install the product.... So I'm too looking for someone to do the install...led strip has only two wires which need to be connected to something which lets it be controlled by ambient temperature

I will post here meanwhile if someone getting it installed pls share led strip installation pics or even video

Old 07-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Finally....

Hey Guys

Finally got Porsche Centre in Delhi (INDIA) to install my LED Lighting Kit.

The centre console LEDS have only two wires which need to connect underneath the console. theres a module right next to Automatic Shifter (on the inside) can see in the attached pics. Lights looking good will post pics again tom with lights.

Bulbs are swap in and out which are not tough... but only console strips are tough and you need to get it done by a professional.

Porsche Dealerships have a proper Techquiment Retrofit notes with pictures of the installation and even with that it took their head technician around 4 hours to complete the install may be coz it was his first time installing it. he said he could do this again in 2-3 hours.

Anyway i suggest to go for it. its looking nice... my panamera was too dark while driving. missed my audi Q7 lighting... but not so much now.

Attached Images      
Old 07-22-2015, 05:20 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I'm thinking there is another way to do that, I would use the system that sends the signal to the lights to go on when it reaches the point that they are needed. I have not looked into it yet but that was how I would do it.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:52 PM
I will simply connect the LED strip lights to the fuse panel, there are a few slots that are energized with ignition, no big deal if the LED lights are on during day time.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:04 PM
Hey Guys

Hey Guys.

LED Strip lights operate with the Ambient Light dimming feature so it needs to connect to the module inside the centre console by the Automatic Shifter. It dims and brightens up from PCM. If you connect it elsewhere like a fuse box it will stay on all the time and will not dim. plus you may end up messing up the electrical warnings.

I suggest to go OEM route coz all it takes is connecting two wires to the module and your done.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:35 PM
No, it won't mess up anything because I have done it. I added a dash clock with LED back lighting and that was how I connected the back light. It's been over a year and not a problem. I even added a dimmer to the back light.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:37 PM
My dash clock.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:33 PM
low.key is on a distinguished road
console lights

This is probably way too low brow for many, but i just used some $20 led strip lights from walmart, and put them in the lip in each underside of the center console. The are completely concealed, you can only see the ambient light from them. I was even able to run the wires right into the gaps between the carpet and the panels leading from the center console and under the dash. All four strips are then connected to a power adapter plugged into the dashboard 12V power socket. it completely invisible. eventually I'll wire them more permanently to a power source i can turn on and off, but they work perfectly as is. i think the power in that socket turns off after a while, but Ive never paid attention to it enough to know. With those lights using so litte power, i doubt they could ever drain the battery. The power plug has an on/off button, so i could potentially leave them as is and turn the power off if I'm not driving it for a while. the black interior was too dark at night, now it has a nice ambient glow. cost: <$40

Old 07-22-2015, 09:41 PM
The power sockets do shut off in about 20 minutes. It is quite easy for me to tap into the fuse box for power. People do it the same way when wiring a dash camera.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by TGED
The power sockets do shut off in about 20 minutes. It is quite easy for me to tap into the fuse box for power. People do it the same way when wiring a dash camera.
You prolly added an external dimmer but mine dims from the PCM. Or else there r lot of options one can even get led mood lighting strips which will even change colours.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:46 AM
Hey

I have one led extra and don't know know where that goes. Dealership did the install. They have changed sun visor, footwell, trunk, trunk lid Red white and they added the console strips. With one extra led left. Now I see that u have mentioned dome... Dome is two LEDs or one? May be it goes there

Rear reading lights as well as rear number plate lights are still same yellow.

Can u tell me which all did u change ? Any pics how to change Dome light would be helping

Originally Posted by pgeoph
I ordered it and did everything but the console myself. The console "light pipes" have an LED at the dash end and come with the wiring to connect them. I had the dealer install that one and they charged me 1 hour - yours may vary...

All the other lights are easy. The door/trunk lid lights are cool in that they are white for down light and have red LEDs for the traffic facing lights (already red lenses in the bezels). You can see where some of the extra cost comes from, the circuitry on the door & trunk lid lights is fairly complex to get two colors and still be 100% compatible with the Porsche systems so you don't get any warnings.

In general the dome and floor lights are much brighter than the incandescent but the factory dimmer function works flawlessly.

Of all of them the vanity mirrors were the trickiest. You can pry the trim off but once you do you realize it slides off to to one side to on and off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED interior light kit