Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED interior light kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 01:30 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
LED interior light kit

There is a LED interior light kit available from Suncoast, wonder if any one has experience with it? Do you need any software update for the LED lights to function properly? The accent light for the center console looks nice, but you do need to run new wiring as there are no lights there before. The other LED lights look like a direct replacement of the existing ones. I wonder how difficult it is to DIY.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:23 PM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
I saw that too and pretty much have the same questions, hopefully someone has done it on this forum and can shine some lights.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
I installed this kit on my Cayman two months ago, it's a direct replacement for your stock lights. No wiring, just a direct replacement. They're bright! I admire them everytime I get in the car.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 05-29-2012, 04:24 PM
So all of the Cayman LED lights are direct replacement, but on the Panamera, you also get additional center console lights which are not there before, if you look at Suncoast's picture carefully, they also give you some wiring for the center console lights. I know the extended LED light option for the Cayenne does not give you any additional lights, probably same for the Cayman. Actually, it is the extra center console lights that I am most interested in. Since the other lights only turn on briefly, footwell lights, trunk lights, sun visor mirror lights, etc, LED or not, I really don't care much.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:18 PM
I just noticed the LED light kit for the Panamera costs $489.95, but for all other models, the costs are less than $200, and they all come with installation instruction except for the Panamera. In Canada, if you order the optional LED interior lights when you order the Cayenne, the cost is almost $1000, but if you get the kit from Suncoast and DIY, it only costs $179.95.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:50 PM
aalencar is on a distinguished road
I unfortunately just had a huge log (yes a wood log) fly from a truck on the highway, bounce on my hood and then on the roof. The car is now in the shop for fixing and I will use the opportunity to change the interior trim to carbon fiber. I will probably buy the LED package at the same time and have the shop play with it. More info to come.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by TGED
I just noticed the LED light kit for the Panamera costs $489.95, but for all other models, the costs are less than $200, and they all come with installation instruction except for the Panamera. In Canada, if you order the optional LED interior lights when you order the Cayenne, the cost is almost $1000, but if you get the kit from Suncoast and DIY, it only costs $179.95.
Correction: The cheaper LED kits from Suncoast are not from Porsche, they are listed as Suncoast Brand, besides, the Cayenne kit is actually for previous generation, the more expensive Panamera kit is Porsche factory parts.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:03 PM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
I'm with those intrigued by the LED Light Kit. Would love to hear from someone who does not work for SunCoast as to how difficult the install was, along with impressions of the lights. If I really thought I could install this myself I think I'd be in...

Old 05-31-2012, 10:35 PM
I made an interesting observation. If you run your fingers along the lower center console where the LED strip lights are going to be located, you can feel a gap all along, it seems like when the Panamera was designed, there was already intention for a light strip to be installed, but Porsche did not incorporate this light until the 2013 model. Mercedes has this type of "gap" lighting for many years, since the current S-Class was introduced. I think you can even change color on the MB.
As far as installations go, everything should be quite easy, you basically just have to carefully pry open the lens cover and change the bulbs. But the lower center console LED strips involve wiring connections as you can see on Suncoast's photo. If anyone has done it, information will be appreciated. This is the add-on that I want most.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:01 PM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
Me too! Something about groovy lighting...

I just want to hear that's it's as cool as I expect, and that I can actually do it myself!

Old 06-03-2012, 12:54 PM
khurramasgher is on a distinguished road
I'm also very interested in the center console lighting. If it involves opening up the center console to access the wiring I would rather have the shop do it. Does anyone have pictures of what this looks like at night?

Old 06-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Suncoast has a pic of the center console light, that's the only pic I could find so far. Perhaps someone who has a 2013 Pan which has the extended LED option can post some pics of the new lower center console light.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Originally Posted by aalencar
I unfortunately just had a huge log (yes a wood log) fly from a truck on the highway, bounce on my hood and then on the roof. The car is now in the shop for fixing and I will use the opportunity to change the interior trim to carbon fiber. I will probably buy the LED package at the same time and have the shop play with it. More info to come.
aalen car, didi you get your LED package done, how did it go?

Old 06-10-2012, 09:11 AM
aalencar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TGED
aalen car, didi you get your LED package done, how did it go?
Sorry, have not done it yet. In the end I just dropped the car off at the shop yesterday. They are trying to figure out how much to charge me. I will keep you posted.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED interior light kit