Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED interior light kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 03:01 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
My car was ordered with the extended interior light pkg which the rear reading lights are in LED, and there is also a second u-shaped dome light in the rear ceiling in LED, the front dome is also already I n LED. I did change the license plate lights to LEDs which I bought from Suncoast.

Old 07-23-2015, 03:10 PM
Of course it will be nice to do the console LED strips the factory way, but from the photos, the entire console from front to back, needs to be taken apart. Labor alone will be at least four or five hundred dollars, unless you do it yourself. Some say the factory console LED strips are so dim which is barely noticeable. I managed to changed the footwells, lower door edges, interior trunk, glovebox, license plate all to LED using aftermarket bulbs myself for less than $100.

Old 07-23-2015, 03:12 PM
I forgot to mention, for the extended Interior Light Pkg, even though it says interior, you also get exterior mirror puddle lights in LED.

Old 07-23-2015, 03:20 PM
sayadil is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TGED
I forgot to mention, for the extended Interior Light Pkg, even though it says interior, you also get exterior mirror puddle lights in LED.
I think the extra led might be the glovebox need to check it again. Mine doesn't have the led package from factory to rear reading lights and front dome is non led still.

Im also thinking of buying LEDs for license plate as well as want front high beam white light bulb probably osram lets see. Will order that separately.

As of now I think console strip light is bright enough with full ambient light setting I have it at 60% as of now and I feel it's nice earlier the whole front seat area looked too dark driving at night

Can I switch the glovebox light bulb myself or do I need to send it back to dealership?

Old 07-23-2015, 05:36 PM
There isn't much excess wire leading to the socket of the glove box light, you need to be careful.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Manish Aaron
I had checked out Porsche Panamera at the Porsche Delhi showroom and its just amazing. The LED interior light kit is mindblowing and makes the interiors super classy.
Go and check out the LED interior lighting of the latest Mercedes S class, they are much more impressive.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:39 AM
CitizenMike is on a distinguished road
The center console light is a bulb that needs new wiring to add. My dealer quoted me $350 to install just the one light. Silly

I replaced all my current lights with LEDs i bought from eBay motors for $8 and they have been working great since I installed them about 5 months ago. It's beautiful. Super easy (I am not mechanical!) to install. Just a plastic pry tool and sometimes not even that to remove covers. My door lights are the ones with the ground logo projection so I didn't swap those.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:26 AM
ccpecot is on a distinguished road
Thanks to this thread, I replaced all of the lighting with leds with the exception of the vanity mirrors. I ordered a trim tool kit from Suncoast parts and the leds were ordered from Amazon. Here is an example of the new led light for the overhead console
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0145.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	447303

Old 05-05-2016, 07:20 PM
cheetos72 is on a distinguished road
I did the same but used "superbright leds". I attempted to do the reverse lights also but even with the Porsche instructions I was unable to figure it out. (The images did not match what I have.) Has anyone figured out how to get into the tail lights?

Old 05-03-2019, 09:31 PM
Expat444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by low.key
This is probably way too low brow for many, but i just used some $20 led strip lights from walmart, and put them in the lip in each underside of the center console. The are completely concealed, you can only see the ambient light from them. I was even able to run the wires right into the gaps between the carpet and the panels leading from the center console and under the dash. All four strips are then connected to a power adapter plugged into the dashboard 12V power socket. it completely invisible. eventually I'll wire them more permanently to a power source i can turn on and off, but they work perfectly as is. i think the power in that socket turns off after a while, but Ive never paid attention to it enough to know. With those lights using so litte power, i doubt they could ever drain the battery. The power plug has an on/off button, so i could potentially leave them as is and turn the power off if I'm not driving it for a while. the black interior was too dark at night, now it has a nice ambient glow. cost: <$40
Thanks to everyone who was interested in this years before I got my Panamera, this is the first place I've actually found information about the center console illumination.

I'm thinking I might go the low tech route too, I'd love the OEM kit but the amount of console disassembly/assembly just doesn't seem worth it.

I think I'll try connecting to the power feeding the ash tray light as that seems pretty close and is ignition controlled.

Old 12-14-2020, 10:24 AM
chandanYOGI is an unknown quantity at this point
i am pleasantly surprised delhi porsche allowed the pictures of WIP